john49ers
    john49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do some still play at this c . d . f rated books?

I dont understand how some people with the knowledge of this website on what betting sites are reliable to play it , but still choose other websites due to bonuses and what not , just win your bets and you don't need any bonuses with high rollover rates , also if you guys stop playing at lower and not so good books and join the main websites that are talked about in here i think it would make everything so much smoother payouts even better and the books even stronger just my thought eliminate the the small books that rip people off its simple

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The name of the game is to get the best number sir. Some professional players feel their is great value (albeit big risks) with some of the lower tier books with line shopping, ect,ect. I personally can't say I blame them for that.

john49ers

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The name of the game is to get the best number sir. Some professional players feel their is great value (albeit big risks) with some of the lower tier books with line shopping, ect,ect. I personally can't say I blame them for that.
    I understand your point but don't you think it comes down winning the bet regardless of how good the line is because how much can it possible save you if you lose its not a huge a difference in my opinion..

example

5dimes - NEW YORK METS MONEYLINE + 145

sports book NEW YORK METS MONEYLINE +137

IF YOU RISK 100 DOLLARS ALL YOU WIN IS AN EXTRA 8 DOLLARS ETC ETC I THINK ITS MORE OF JUST WINNING THE BET COUNTS THE MOST YOU CAN FIND A GOOD LINE BUT IF YOU LOSE THE BET IT MEANS NOTHING...

IS THIS WHAT YOU MEANT WHEN YOU SAID GETTING THE BEST LINES?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

To most punters that 8 dollars on every bet is the difference between a profit and a loss at the end of the year.

Of course that assumes the crap book will pay you.

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Don't know about US facing books, but some euro facing books like Betclic and SportingBet have way too low ratings, I feel 100% secure betting at these sites. I also find it weird that SBR doesn't rate the super reputable Asian books like SBObet, 188bet, 12bet etc.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Security of funds comes first. Don't waste your time with books like sportsinteraction,betsafe, bwin etc..

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

ahhhh, if it was that simple to just win your bets. I admit, I fall in the minority.

Gallin
    Gallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2687

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Security of funds comes first. Don't waste your time with books like sportsinteraction,betsafe, bwin etc..
    What's wrong with Betsafe and Bwin? Your funds are perfectly safe at both books, unless you are some eastern european scammer.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Not everyones action is welcomed at 5Dimes, so not fair to point them out in every case.

The difference between C and B books can be minimal.

Some C books are slow moving the #, and can provide a solid out.

As to why educated people play with F books, show me one educated person playing at these books and I will show you a likely bonus whore who knew the risk going in.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

some of people still care about SBR's raitings. that is more strange situation IMO.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

People who are still playing at those low rated books are attracted by their lines & bonus.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most people like myself didn;t KNOW the book they played at was getting lower and lower rating. I played at superbook and liked their CS and their lines ... but now I look them up and they are F rated and ripping people off. Their CS sucks now too and they know their rating sucks here and don't care.

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because a lot of the ratings out there do not reflect how a book is in reality. First you have the influence of payed advertisers, then you have very old reviews, then the subjective opinion of the reviewer, remember it is not a committee who does this, it is most of the time one guy, which may be simply having a bad day or have a nice vendetta against the book, or knows someone in there who he doesnt like.

In summary, the ratings are a nice idea for SBR (SBR B-), but you can never take them as a suggestion written in stone.

djefferis

Quote Originally Posted by erickvivar View Post
    Because a lot of the ratings out there do not reflect how a book is in reality. First you have the influence of payed advertisers, then you have very old reviews, then the subjective opinion of the reviewer, remember it is not a committee who does this, it is most of the time one guy, which may be simply having a bad day or have a nice vendetta against the book, or knows someone in there who he doesnt like.

In summary, the ratings are a nice idea for SBR (SBR B-), but you can never take them as a suggestion written in stone.
    Ok sir, please point out a D or F rated book you feel is unfairly rated here.

There are a few A rated books I might put a notch lower, but no D or F rated shops I feel have been slighted unfairly.

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Dj,

I will not say unfairly rated, because probably they "deserved" (and that will depend on the eye of the reviewer) the rating they got when the review was done, but there are places that for sure have improved from their original rating but were never updated after that. Examples? well, I mainly play on one of those books with a "D" rating, and if i recall in previous threads you did too, and in all those threads you will not find a single real complain from anyone actually playing there, and that includes me, which I must admit I'm extremely happy with them, to the point i'm certain those guys will be there for the long run just because they are going their own way without blowing too many whistles to make themselves noticeable.

So, I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one with some "F"/"D" book out there that you simply don't understand why it has a rating like that, if it has no complaints, no lack of payouts, etc and probably simply not an advertisement deal to make them go up.

djefferis

Agree and yes I have played at D rated shops in the past.

What I am saying is there is still a degree of risk there, beyond A or B rated books.

I played at D shops, and got burned at D rated shops..my point is show me one that is D rated without a good reason (be it lack of time in the industry, lack of clear financial support, slow pays-no pays ect). A lack of complaints doesnt mean your funds are secure, just that there has not been sufficient time yet for the cracks to show.

A shop doesnt need to be in slow/no pay mode to warrant a D, just to show warning signs or be new with a lack of a track record in the industry. For F ranked shop's, SBR generally requires some real evidence of issues and does not just arbitrarily decide to give an owner who wont advertise an F. Case in point, Heritage does not advertise here (or anywhere) and they have been a B for a long time.

john49ers

would ever be possible for us the players to eliminate all the bad books that don't pay or are really slow at paying are really the main things for the most part yea some sites have better lines but if all the not so good book vanish we can a few books that all offer reasonable lines we should about 10 total online betting sites that are 1000% no risk just like vegas would that ever happened?

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

John, you last post makes no sense!

Why are there no E rated books? Why the gap between D and F?

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

because they don't like getting paid

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Sometimes you are in a Book that was A or B, and you can't get your money out when it becomes, C, D, or F. MVP, V-Wager, all the other Books that BOS took over, WSEX and Cascade come to mind. At least WSEX is Trying to pay.