Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Legal question re: ************

A player makes a deposit with a credit card. The signature field is scratched out on the back of the card. The deposit goes through.

Can the book cry foul, and cancel all bets?

Same question, but the word "Void" is written on the back in addition to the signature box being scratched out. Deposit still goes through.

I don't know European credit card law, so I was hoping one of our readers would.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can it go through if it is void or there is no money on the card?

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

There was a story about a guy who went to Best Buy and a bunch of places, and when he signed all his transactions he wrote "VOID" or drew goofy pictures instead of signing his name, he bought high end stuff. Let me find the story

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

Keep clicking next and the other stories. Funny stuff

St.Aquinas
    St.Aquinas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    A player makes a deposit with a credit card. The signature field is scratched out on the back of the card. The deposit goes through.

Can the book cry foul, and cancel all bets?

Same question, but the word "Void" is written on the back in addition to the signature box being scratched out. Deposit still goes through.

I don't know European credit card law, so I was hoping one of our readers would.
    The processor can't see the back of the credit card and the player does not have to sign for an online transaction to go through.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

For the longest time I wrote "ASK FOR ID" on the back of my cards. One day at the post office some slow, disrespectful, loud civil servant told me should couldn't take my card because it wasn't signed. I pissed and moaned and marched home to contact my credit card corporation and the postal service.

It turns out that w/o signing the back of your credit card you have violated (or have simply failed to accept) the terms of service (of most cards) and it is not valid for use. I don't know European law but in the states a vendor is not obligated (and likely by corporate policy not ALLOWED) to enter into a transaction with an unsigned card because they cannot protect themselves against fraudulent purchases.

Needless to say I had to return to the post office and apologize to the postal worker who I made a scene in front of. I now sign all my cards.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not think you would have a problem, plenty of ways to verify identity now.

God Bless