mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Grading times: whats acceptable and not?

With books that are highly thought of!

1. grading time for major sports (NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, etc)
    2. Grading time for soccer (Argentina league, France main league, German, etc)

I dont want to post about anything til I get opinions on timeframes that you would consider acceptable

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10443

Within 5 minutes on Question 1,don't know about 2 since I don't play it.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

TY

with regards to question #2...its been close to or over two hours for France League. same book graded Argentine league within 10 minutes

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Major sports... 5 mins. obscure sports.. 1 hr.

When in doubt.. just go into livechat. I often do this at the books I play at.. it is a pain but when you bet some smaller soccer leagues they are definitely not on top of grading plays quickly

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

The game was this French Ligue 1: Marseille 2 - 0 Evian

I went to live chat twice after two hours....hour later not graded. I expect better from bigger books....will be posted by tomorrow...

TugBoatCapt
    TugBoatCapt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shouldn't matter, every event should never take more than a few minutes. Some exceptions exist, but they should be rare. Overnight lines managers should make sure you wake up to see the correct numbers. That's part of the job. Waiting multiple hours and in some cases days for a grade is horrible management.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've really learned to appreciate all the hard work a graders job is because, it does take dedication on their part to be on top of every sporting event out there that has a line on it if it's being offered by a book.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TugBoatCapt

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I've really learned to appreciate all the hard work a graders job is because, it does take dedication on their part to be on top of every sporting event out there that has a line on it if it's being offered by a book.
    that being said, if you can't keep on top of it don't offer it

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    that being said, if you can't keep on top of it don't offer it
    Either that or books need to hire graders that can dedicate their time solely for grading purposes because this is most definitely one area within the industry where cost cutting moves can't afford to happen IMHOO, sir.

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

I know off personal experience that bigger books actually have teams of line managers dedicated solely to grading, another one just doing line changes and the big boys taking care of money management, usually wagering rooms have a full stage of line managers. Just giving some interesting facts

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

5dimes fail tonight, all my nhl preseason bets ungraded and all have been over for 3.5 hours.