WxM9
    WxM9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Help a newbie find a home, please

Hey fellas. I'm new to sports betting and I'm looking for a little guidance as to what site would be the best for me. I wasn't sure whether to post here or in the Newbie forum, and I consulted the rating guides but didn't find an answer to my question. All I play are the college parlay cards; it's something my friends and I do. We've been picking up cards from the local sports bar. This week I had researched online and decided my picks ahead of time before picking up the card. When I got the card I found that the two games I wanted most weren't even on the card: UCF/FIU and Stanford/Arizona. This ticked me off, and there was a game on the card that the guy had scratched out with a sharpie (is that even legal?) Then I got to researching odds online and it seems that this guy's odds aren't as good as what is out there. His are 3 teams 5/1, 4 teams 10, 5 teams 19, 6 teams 29, and so on. (The higher parlays seem particularly awful, like 301 for 12 teams, but I don't play those.) And to boot, ties count as a loss instead of bumping you down a team. I looked on a site like BoDog, which I had heard of and seems a lot better, but there are some games on there too that I want to pick that aren't available, including UCF/FIU, Nevada/San Jose State, and Duke/Boston College. Can anyone direct me to a site that will consistently allow me to pick from the full slate of games with the best odds? Would like to avoid these deposit fees I've been reading about if I can since I'm a small-time bettor, but don't mind them if the bonus is really big and easily obtainable for me.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

try betislands.. 100% bonus fp matching ur first time deposit. also they have teasers tie WINS parlays ur looking for

click on the betislands link up in the ads on this forum and u also will be able to become an SBR pro by depositing at least 200$ and then filling out the application and u can earn about 250$ in cash/gift cards/ps3/ipad2's etc over the course of the year. Some people even get free pizza a few times a month from the pts as its on of the cheaper things in the store

gl with ur new adventure online betting

-stash

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop playing those parlay cards they are a complete ripoff

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best book for playing all the games, with low minimums is 5 dimes. They also give you a lot of wagering options like progressive parlays, buying a liberal amount of points, etc. I have been with them a month and it's the best book I have used. They also give you a 50% freeplay bonus on your first deposit. You have to roll over your deposit and you get the bonus in 10% increments. 5 dimes will pay the fee on a wire if over $250, up to $18.

My advice would be to sign up at some books like 5 dimes, bet islands etc, and look around.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR Forum

Any of the books I've listed below are all very solid shops to play at.

Please note: I have put a "*" next to the books that cater to the professional players

5Dimes (SBR Rated A+)
    Bookmaker (SBR Rated A+) *
    Bodog (SBR Rated A)
    BetIslands (SBR Rated B-)
    DSI (SBR Rated A+)
    Legends (SBR Rated A+)
    Heritage (SBR Rated B+)

Please feel free to any questions you might have about the books I've listed above and I will be more than happy to answer them for you sir.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

betislands

WxM9
    WxM9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. After all the research I did, including looking at all the links you gave me (though I couldn't see a thing on Heritage), I couldn't really find anything that gave much of a bonus that didn't require at least a 5X rollover of the initial deposit. Since this is just a side hobby, I can't see that being very beneficial to me. I figure it will take me forever to rollover five times, if I ever do. Similarly, since I'm playing with small amounts of cash, deposit and withdrawal fees are a big deal to me and I saw a lot of those. Betislands looked like a $50 withdrawal fee, flat... not even worth wasting my time on that. I'm leaning toward 5dimes and their 30% Super Saver plan that'll just give me better payouts aligned with -107 (2.74 for 2, 6.24 for 3, 13.01 for 4, etc), free deposits, and one free withdrawal a month. If anybody knows of anything better, I'll gladly listen, but this is the best I can find. Does anyone know what their selection of games looks like? I really prefer a full slate of games.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WxM9 View Post
    Does anyone know what their selection of games looks like? I really prefer a full slate of games.
    You have made a fine selection when you chose 5Dimes (SBR Rated A+) sir.

They offer a wide variety of wagering options to the point where I feel you be quite surprised with. Best of luck with your wagering there and please feel free to share your wagering experiences with us all after you get settled in with this fine establishment.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

ya but how did u deposit? shitty options for Us players, and they don't take prepaid cards for first time deposits