BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not ironic.... Again, like I said, I don't know much if anything about the website itself, but isn't it a PPH? If so, I'm sure alot of agents use it all over the country....

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Not necessarily sticking up for the "stiff" but I can see exactly why he did decide to stiff you if you were doing something like putting on for one of your players in his account on one side, recieving whatever commission % on that if it loses, and then betting the other side yourself in your account.

Its a lose-lose situation for him as you get paid on the game either way either with your winnings or with the commission - might be minimal risk to you depending on whatever commission % you are getting back and the difference in stakes between yours and your players account, but still against agent/affiliate rules at the majority of books I would imagine.

To just stiff you out of 5k straight up maybe seem pretty harsh, but IF you had been doing the above, and I have no idea if you were or not, but to me seems an easy way to guarantee yourself something betting personally against whatever your player was betting to cover the commission, and had ultimately won more than 5k out of him over the past in this way then technically you conned him out of whatever you won from him - if you had made less than the 5k then he conned you out of the difference.

23Edler_Salo6
    23Edler_Salo6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    Not necessarily sticking up for the "stiff" but I can see exactly why he did decide to stiff you if you were doing something like putting on for one of your players in his account on one side, recieving whatever commission % on that if it loses, and then betting the other side yourself in your account.

Its a lose-lose situation for him as you get paid on the game either way either with your winnings or with the commission - might be minimal risk to you depending on whatever commission % you are getting back and the difference in stakes between yours and your players account, but still against agent/affiliate rules at the majority of books I would imagine.

To just stiff you out of 5k straight up maybe seem pretty harsh, but IF you had been doing the above, and I have no idea if you were or not, but to me seems an easy way to guarantee yourself something betting personally against whatever your player was betting to cover the commission, and had ultimately won more than 5k out of him over the past in this way then technically you conned him out of whatever you won from him - if you had made less than the 5k then he conned you out of the difference.
    The stiffer was accepting it the whole time though.. there's no defense possible.

23Edler_Salo6
    23Edler_Salo6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    I love how people act all tough, and then they threaten to snitch.... Get a fuckin life... this isn't the 3rd grade.
    You're the most short sighted person on this forum the internet.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dream, getting back to the orig arrangement with the agent/book.
    Weren't you running a single figure with him? What i mean is your action gets combined with all your players' action, so each week a single red or black number is generated, and added or subtracted from the running total.
    Thats how i've always done it.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Yes, that's correct, or how it was supposed to be

Oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post
    Dream, getting back to the orig arrangement with the agent/book.
    Weren't you running a single figure with him? What i mean is your action gets combined with all your players' action, so each week a single red or black number is generated, and added or subtracted from the running total.
    Thats how i've always done it.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Yes, that's correct, or how it was supposed to be

Oh well..
    Dream, that's my point.
    If you have a single red or black figure with your guy, then you're only taking his money if he's earning also.
    Plenty of runners (thats what you are if you are 'running' a sheet) bet into/with the bookie they are partnered with on other referred clients. Should be no problem if you and him are on the same page.
    Another appproach is to be in daily contact with your guy, and find out what side both of you need, and act acvordingly.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

We supposedly had a figure, no commissions if over. I don't even know where this bum went, don't even care anymore.

It's all about offshore now.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

a guy i know uses beteastcoast.com for betting but knows the agent hes using. shits all shady.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

shame on you

First 123