Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Tom Waterhouse has been sued for allegedly withholding almost $250,000 of profit from betting agency Bet247.

Bet247 alleged in a writ filed with the Supreme Court of Victoria that, despite an August 2011 deal, Mr Waterhouse withheld from it profit of $247,979 from August 2011 to December 2012.

The deal was made between the two bookmakers after the betting agency Sports Alive went into liquidation, and its customers told they could transfer their accounts to Mr Waterhouse. In exchange, the writ says, Mr Waterhouse agreed to pay Bet247 a profit under certain terms.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/tom-w...#ixzz2ZwX9To3o

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

This scandal still isn't finished.

After, quite astonishingly, finding that the commission wasn't at fault, the ACT ombudsman is still to deliver a response on an appeal against that decision after something like 9 months!

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    This scandal still isn't finished.

After, quite astonishingly, finding that the commission wasn't at fault, the ACT ombudsman is still to deliver a response on an appeal against that decision after something like 9 months!
    It is now 12 months since a review of this extraordinary decision was commenced and yet we still await a decision on it!

I have been advised that the Ombudsman didn't even talk to SportsAlive's liquidator about the facts surrounding the conduct of the business which were so obviously in breach of the regulations that the GRC was supposed to be overseeing!

This is simply an extraordinary scandal.

Gimonas
    Gimonas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It is now 12 months since a review of this extraordinary decision was commenced and yet we still await a decision on it!

I have been advised that the Ombudsman didn't even talk to SportsAlive's liquidator about the facts surrounding the conduct of the business which were so obviously in breach of the regulations that the GRC was supposed to be overseeing!

This is simply an extraordinary scandal.
    Yep something strange about the whole process, it's almost as if it has to be corrupt...

I gave up on getting any money back ages ago. Very wary about what books I deposit money into these days

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimonas View Post
    Yep something strange about the whole process, it's almost as if it has to be corrupt...

I gave up on getting any money back ages ago. Very wary about what books I deposit money into these days
    Fortunately I'm not owed anything by those crooks but if I were I'd most certainly not have given up hope of getting paid.

Not by the company or it's crooked directors but by the ACT Government.

All it should take is for the Ombudsman to deliver a report stating what has been blindingly obvious to anyone who's followed events in this fiasco for a class action to be commenced by the out of pocket punters. It should be a no-brainer and the Government should just pay up.

The biggest mystery in all this is how can it possibly take so long for the review of the original decision to be conducted?

I'm getting the feeling that the people involved may be a bit too close to each other and are having trouble dealing with the consequences of a correct decision.

Gimonas
    Gimonas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Fortunately I'm not owed anything by those crooks but if I were I'd most certainly not have given up hope of getting paid.

Not by the company or it's crooked directors but by the ACT Government.

All it should take is for the Ombudsman to deliver a report stating what has been blindingly obvious to anyone who's followed events in this fiasco for a class action to be commenced by the out of pocket punters. It should be a no-brainer and the Government should just pay up.

The biggest mystery in all this is how can it possibly take so long for the review of the original decision to be conducted?

I'm getting the feeling that the people involved may be a bit too close to each other and are having trouble dealing with the consequences of a correct decision.
    Agreed Hareeba but what should happen as opposed to what is likely to happen are two entirely different things unfortunately. Between the ombudsman and the liquidator there has been so much stalling that I'm guessing they hope the longer time goes on people will eventually just give up on it.

We punters really get screwed over, society in general doesn't give a shit if a punter gets screwed over though. If it was a bank that did what Sports Alive did then there'd be a public outrage over it

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimonas View Post
    Agreed Hareeba but what should happen as opposed to what is likely to happen are two entirely different things unfortunately. Between the ombudsman and the liquidator there has been so much stalling that I'm guessing they hope the longer time goes on people will eventually just give up on it.

We punters really get screwed over, society in general doesn't give a shit if a punter gets screwed over though. If it was a bank that did what Sports Alive did then there'd be a public outrage over it
    Can't blame the liquidator. The funds were long gone before he got called in.

First ... 4567