ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

YOUWAGER and that seasonal refund?

Yep, they got me. I ended up with a losing football and basketball season last year [season].
    Is this fair: If you have the damn refund coming, why not save it for your "good" customer?
    No emails to remind you that you are one of those eligible for a refund. That should be automatic, shouldn't it?
    It's too much like a scam! Hell, "WE" aren't supposed to win anyway, so why not cough-up what few scraps a man deserves when he is eligible for that "special" refund.

The problem: Some guys never make it through the season! They may go broke! The ol' lady demands you to quit! You get ill or have an operation! You take a long vacation! Some personal problems consume your time[ my personal].

YOUWAGER is losing credibility on this issue.

This is ABEHONEST'S opinion! I need some more opinions guys?
    Thank you!
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 08-15-11 at 06:59 PM.

bigbet1234
    bigbet1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I agree, but I make an effort to check on my rebates routinely.

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

never play with them again after they told me i would have to play cash games and just not tournys they suck

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2507

they also limit what you can parley on free play too! poker room has nobody...probably because of too many tourny restrictions!

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

Abe,
    While I still don't know what your issue is.
    1. We post banners on the main webpage for 3 weeks when each period ends.
    2. There is link that appears once you log into your account, if you click on the account and are eligible then you will receive it right then.
    3. We have the easiest requirements in the industry for the NLB (you can check them out yourself, as SBR has made it clear they don't want me to discuss such things here)
    4. If you lost last period then you can receive it now...
    5. I'm sorry if the promo doesn't suit you, but many customers (some are SBR members) take advantage of it each period.
    As I stated I still can't tell what your issue is... or if you just wanted to vent. But please contact customer service if it is owed to you and they will make sure you receive it.

As for the poker tournaments, like I said before that is not our business model, we have cash tables and the occasional tournament. Luckily for you guys there's a new room servicing US customers that seems to run them all the time.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
    Abe, While I still don't know what your issue is. 1. We post banners on the main webpage for 3 weeks when each period ends. 2. There is link that appears once you log into your account, if you click on the account and are eligible then you will receive it right then. 3. We have the easiest requirements in the industry for the NLB (you can check them out yourself, as SBR has made it clear they don't want me to discuss such things here) 4. If you lost last period then you can receive it now... 5. I'm sorry if the promo doesn't suit you, but many customers (some are SBR members) take advantage of it each period. As I stated I still can't tell what your issue is... or if you just wanted to vent. But please contact customer service if it is owed to you and they will make sure you receive it. As for the poker tournaments, like I said before that is not our business model, we have cash tables and the occasional tournament. Luckily for you guys there's a new room servicing US customers that seems to run them all the time.
    Look's like you didn't read my first thread too closely? Your customers [ my main point ] cannot always be available to read "your main page!" I thought I explained that thoroughly? Yet, you make excuses that you cannot see my issue.
    YOUWAGER, and all Books, need to look out for their "good" customers. The policy you have does not do that! You take advantage of the situations I mentioned thoroughly on the first post.

A suggestion: Why not email someone who is eligible for a refund when it is time? Com'on, Books are not made to be beat, so refunds are not only valuable for someone having a bad stretch, but, most likely, you will give away refunds to unlucky players and get it all back, plus. What is the average percentage of eligible player refunds? 15%, 20%, 30%? You could also do the honorable thing: Automatically put the damn funds into accounts of players who have earned it.

C.S.

Abe,
    I'm not going to debate the merits of how bonuses should be entered into accounts.
    We post notice on the site. We post notice when you log into your account. You can request online or on the phone. The program and rules are listed on all company promo material you get when you sign up and at the start of each football season. The periods and rules are laid out plainly on the website. The vast majority of eligible customers collect what they are owed.
    I'm sorry the system doesn't fit your needs. There are plenty of good books out there I'm sure you'll end up at one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

C.S is making a point in this because if you are a loser so you know you have a refund coming so you look for it . each book has his own policies . 5dimes does automatically add the rebate in your account daily...some like the greek dont give a damn thing

ABEHONEST

Abe, I'm not going to debate the merits of how bonuses should be entered into accounts. We post notice on the site. We post notice when you log into your account. You can request online or on the phone. The program and rules are listed on all company promo material you get when you sign up and at the start of each football season. The periods and rules are laid out plainly on the website. The vast majority of eligible customers collect what they are owed. I'm sorry the system doesn't fit your needs. There are plenty of good books out there I'm sure you'll end up at one. Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.
    You, CS, are confessing that it isn't your responsibility to ensure honest players who have earned that refund, that they will definitely not get it unless they maintain practically full-time checking in with your web.
    I gave plain simple logical reasons, some members may not be able to do this--on the first post--[again!].

Let me guess and see how close I come with YW's attitude toward it's "good" customers: [good customers meaning "lost their as*, or just never request a payout"]
    FK em, if they can't follow our rules! That's about it isn't it?

Thank you for your reply and emotional, heartfelt concern.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

ABE..... i can say from experience with youwager and cory that they are more than fair with customers.

C.S.

Against my better judgement I am going to respond.
    First off, this is a one sided argument. You can write nasty, slanderous, and untrue statements with no consequence. I, on the other hand need to stay polite and professional, otherwise the SBR massive will say "OMG see how yw treats their customers... what @ssh0les". So I'd appreciate it if you could phrase your disappointment is a less aggressive tone.
    People do not need to check the website "full-time", right now if you log into your account and you are elgiable there is a comment on the main betting page with a link to request it. That link stays there for two months, and you can call and request still by phone up to one month before the next period begins (meaning you have five months to request your NLB). I don't think assuming a customer will log into their account once in say every three months or call once every five months is unrealistic.
    The problem: Some guys never make it through the season! They may go broke! The ol' lady demands you to quit! You get ill or have an operation! You take a long vacation! Some personal problems consume your time[ my personal].
    Those are all valid reasons, however, I don't know how we could tell someone is going through one of them rather then the just stopped playing. It used to take 72 hours for the bonus to post because they did it by hand. Now it takes ten minutes via some computer help. I think we are doing everything possible to service the customer better.
    Like I said earlier, it sounds like you feel you were "screwed" out of your bonus. This is the last thing I will say in the thread. PLEASE call customer service if you feel slighted. Ask to speak with a manager and explain. We are very accommodating in this area, and we are here to help.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: firedawg

firedawg

c.s are you in the office today?

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Abe, you are a moron. You are criticizng you wager because they don't automatically credit every account? Are you that lazy? Gimme a fuckin break... Cory is one of the best in the business, and you really aren't going to win in this argument.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

you wager sucks ...

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Wow Abe, you are a moron. You are criticizng you wager because they don't automatically credit every account? Are you that lazy? Gimme a fuckin break... Cory is one of the best in the business, and you really aren't going to win in this argument.
    No, I didn't expect to WIN the disagreement! Actually, just venting expressions to what would be more fair. You have the refund coming or not? Why do you have to practically beg for it? Just put it in the account and be professional with it. Simple process. This way, no eligible customer can feel taken advantage of. And, you must know, I am not the only one disappointed one about not getting my "earned" refund.

It would help if fellow customers of YW would give me some back up. No, I did't expect to win...I said that. However, we could demand the earned refunds to be paid without all the worry and hassle.

I would think SBR would like it that way too, so to avoid controversy. Since I received no response from them [ I sent them an email asking for an opinion], I must assume they believe it's alright and fine the way they do business at YW?

Case closed! Good luck with further eligible refunds at YW.

C.S.

Abe,
    I know I said I was done but...
    Not all customers want the funds added to their account as soon as they are eligible.
    You gave situations before here are mine.
    1. Customer doesn't want to bet basketball but will when funds are added to the account.
    2. Customer does not want a free play but prefers to convert it to cash and take a payout or play poker
    3. Some customers have no intention of playing till next Football season but don't like the funds sitting dormant in the account for months
    You can't make everyone happy all the time.

ABEHONEST

Abe, I know I said I was done but... Not all customers want the funds added to their account as soon as they are eligible. You gave situations before here are mine. 1. Customer doesn't want to bet basketball but will when funds are added to the account. 2. Customer does not want a free play but prefers to convert it to cash and take a payout or play poker 3. Some customers have no intention of playing till next Football season but don't like the funds sitting dormant in the account for months You can't make everyone happy all the time.
    Hmm, 1,2 or 3 would have all worked for me? Course, I didn't get that offer.
    Just being blunt, a Book should not offer refunds and expect the customer to be completely responsible for it by having to sit on that egg waiting for it to hatch.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Cant see how anyone can make such a mountain out of a molehill............whats so difficult? You log in, the page directs you to claim the refund, and for me it was paid almost immediately........easy as, Nothing complex about it, Good book, good offers and simple to use.
    Last edited by Border Gadgie; 08-18-11 at 06:55 PM.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Border Gadgie View Post
    Cant see how anyone can make such a mountain out of a molehill............whats so difficult? You log in, the page directs you to claim the refund, and for me it was paid almost immediately........easy as, Nothing complex about it, Good book, good offers and simple to use.
    First of all, you're probably young and have nothing better to do but stay on YW's site for months and wait for that "egg" to hatch? Not the norm for most people or gamblers, I would think? Did you also get a bonus for standing up for them?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

You don't need to stay on the site, you need to visit for maybe 3 minutes in 5 months.. That said they're offering to pay it to you retroactively, so why don't you take them up on it?

Yes it would be ideal if they'd pay it automatically, but that's hardly standard practice. Even Betjamaica didn't do that with their loyalty freeplays.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    You don't need to stay on the site, you need to visit for maybe 3 minutes in 5 months.. That said they're offering to pay it to you retroactively, so why don't you take them up on it?

Yes it would be ideal if they'd pay it automatically, but that's hardly standard practice. Even Betjamaica didn't do that with their loyalty freeplays.

ABEHONEST

Okay, I will give it a shot! Was there a misunderstanding? I was told flatly that I was "too late" last week. I even asked for a break.
    If they are actually offering to retro [whatever that means?] I certainly will accept and have no hard feelings, left-over.
    Isn't it only fair, though? I mean, if you are losing and the ad says a % of refunds you will receive back. I never did like controversial rules, but sometimes they cannot be avoided.
    This rule though, I think could be by simply putting the hard-earned funds automatically back into the bettor's account.
    Is there anything complicated or unfair about that?
    Thank you, ABE
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 08-18-11 at 11:50 PM.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I haven't ever received a refund on net losses because I haven't had a loosing season yet. I've played with these guys on and off for four years and I haven't had a problem yet. The Pre Season bonuses are sweet ie... scratch off cards and promo codes. They also let you withdraw your winnings without a roll over. I play with all the big books but the first fidelity brand is a great place for recreational players. I'll be loading up my accounts for Football and youwager will be one of the accounts I load.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    First of all, you're probably young and have nothing better to do but stay on YW's site for months and wait for that "egg" to hatch? Not the norm for most people or gamblers, I would think? Did you also get a bonus for standing up for them?
    Haha.....thanks for the young assumption........shame its a patronising comment, its as though you a stuck on the slowboat, maybe it would be better to be proactive than reactive and try logging in once in a while, rather than waiting for bonuses to appear and for the books to do the work for you.
    Wow....How did you know I got a bonus for 'standing up for them'?.....you are very astute, I didnt realise you were so smart............you must be really good at this game.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Border Gadgie View Post
    Haha.....thanks for the young assumption........shame its a patronising comment, its as though you a stuck on the slowboat, maybe it would be better to be proactive than reactive and try logging in once in a while, rather than waiting for bonuses to appear and for the books to do the work for you. Wow....How did you know I got a bonus for 'standing up for them'?.....you are very astute, I didnt realise you were so smart............you must be really good at this game.
    Hmm, what made you think I wasn't that smart [ do I know you..are you a ghost?]? And, like I hinted at, I had some serious mishaps last spring.
    Webbing was the last thing on my mind for quite awhile.

Mastertvtech
    Mastertvtech's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

Great to see YW monitoring these forums and clearing up any questions.

Thanks CS and keep up the good work!

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

i want to post a quick defense regarding youwager/betpop, they have never been unfair to me in regards to financial dealings

back in the days when nate was in town, i was limited, my account was always paid on time

when c.s etc took over management, agreement was reached and my limits were raised, and i lost my butt off that season (2010-2011). i say: good for them, you deserve my money when you have shown you're willing to keep your end of the bargain. we as bettors should be as fair to the bookmakers as we expect them to be fair to us.

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Small book...sheety book...horrible payout terms and time.Its good for a novice just starting out so you can ease in to see how it feels to get reemed...

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Youwager and Betpop are pretty solid shops

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
    Small book...sheety book...horrible payout terms and time.Its good for a novice just starting out so you can ease in to see how it feels to get reemed...
    all of this is bs.....

ABEHONEST

I'll have to agree with Firedawg. I never saw any of those problems with YW. Also, not the first Book to have clever rules that need to be closely looked at. Heritage had one, or still does? They too, are a great Book, though. So, should the underdog bettors forgive them for enticing players into their webs?

No! Make those rules more explicit and do not advertize something that was unmentioned, except in fine print.
    Put the most important rule of them all, "WAY UP FRONT," so not to entice so many naive gamblers. This way, when the Book eventually wins anyway, they can sleep easier at night.