strixee
    I think, therefore I win
    strixee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle XML feed and website differences

I noticed that in some cases you can see just 1 spread in Pinny XML feed, but let's say 5 on their website.
    One example can be today's Norwegian Tippeligaen game Fredrikstad - Stabaek. It was possible to bet AHs from +0.25 to -1, but there was just -0.25 in the XML feed.
    Is it because the others are calculated or the feed simply doesn't contain them due to capacity reasons?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

They dont put the buy/sell pts/goals prices in the xml. Someone said they were considering doing it, but they never have.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

They've always been concerned about the data transfer amounts from the xml feed, which is why they tell you to only request the data once per minute or less, so if I had to guess they keep the feed as streamlined as possible and don't include the point buys and sells.

strixee
    I think, therefore I win

Thank you both for the answers. Now I understand why arbservices scrape their website.
    BTW I tried to download their feed using a PHP script called every 20s and it was recording the time when the feed was stored. Sometimes the difference between 2 records were close to 20s, but other times it was more than a minute!
    The numbers in the pic below represent HHMMSS.

strixee
    I think, therefore I win

I found some kind of glitch in the feed. Sometimes for a certain game like 10 min after new lines with lower limits appear you can find the same game with standard limit and different ID. When you check the feed later, there is only the original game. Have you made the same observation? How do you deal with that? Ignore all standard limits games if they follow the low limit games by less than say an hour?