wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    1) In my humble opinion, Americans should be pushing their politicians for freedom instead of their idealogical viewpoints. I understand the points about no political "will" to stick their necks out but it just shocks me that Americans that fight and die for their freedom, do not care that the government is controlling those hard fought freedoms.
    First, the idealogical viewpoints of a politician come from most of the voters he represents. Second, these voters don't think gambling is a part of freedom to have, but a vice to avoid.

Good point about the economic gain for legal online gambling, but the US bleeds so much money each year, which is not even funny (look at the debt ceiling debate), the politicians could not care less about the peanut money possibly gained from legalizing it.
    Last edited by wrongturn; 07-25-11 at 01:58 PM.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

If there was a way for the US gov to simply tax it, we wouldn't have these issues.

Vegas isn't 90% full every weekend, Vegas right now is way down, and slow. The issue right now is that for me to go to vegas to bet for a weekend instantly adds 500 bucks to the weekend on hotel and flight alone. This doesn't include food. For a guy to go to vegas and bet 500-1000 per game, thats a pretty big hole to have to climb out of right off the bat, without even betting a game. I think a lot of people who bet sports probably feel this way, pretty much 100% of folks betting less than 500-1000/game. I would imagine Vegas would want part of that action, if not all that action...

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

And this would be much easier for the gov't to regulate this if it was based in Vegas. It's a win win situation if they can base this in vegas, the gov't gets their slice, it's much more reliable than an offshore book, and it allows players who don't want to pay the "Vegas Vig" (for just being in Vegas) to actually get bets in.
    Last edited by hubie69; 07-25-11 at 02:44 PM. Reason: grammar

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If they legalize it then the kids in college will fix games knowing they can gamble freely anywhere in the US using their smart phones. Imagine Cam Newton's dad with $200,000 cash he received from a booster telling Cam before the game how to fix the totals.

Thats what im talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!

First 123