Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Rebate Wager exchange "on hold," imo probably scrapped

I just got off live chat with Rebate Wager, and was told that their exchange, xmarketsexchange, is currently "on hold" and that they were planning to eventually launch "something similar." Even with all the BS from the DOJ lately, with thegreek pulling out of the US this is a phenomenal time for a bookie with balls to pick up a ton of market share. I was hoping rebate wager's exchange would be this book, but apparently not.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

It would be illegal for united states customers anyways. Unlike Gambling where there are ways for US customers to gamble. There are no ways for US Customers to play in exchange markets. Because it is illegal for us customers to take part in them.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Operating on the small amount generated from an exchange I wonder if they could ever cover the cost of moving money back and forth in the US players...

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

They had their opportunity months ago when Matchbook closed and the blew it. They have 0 chance of ever being successful now.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I agree. The iron has significantly cooled from several months ago.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Failure was inevitable.

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I am not so sure they would fail,since they are so little options left,with matchbook gone and the inexplicable decision by bookmaker not to hustle BetMaker like only they can after MB departure,a large and untapped u.s. players market is available for the picking.They only thing they have to do is to pick-up exactly where MB left off.
    I was hoping that BLACKIE would have had things up and running by now though.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

It would be great if they could get the exchange going, but with all the other established sites not taking US customers or shutting down I doubt it will happen.