gryzonko
    gryzonko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1929

Titanbet doesnt honour bets

Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 I have placed in titanbet 200 euro on Livingston +0.25 against Inverness with odds 1.81. My bet was placed at 12.02 pm CET. In this time almost the same odds offered pinnacle and Bet365 ( pin - 1.77 , B365 -1.85) . Below screenshot with odds history.

Next day I have found Titanbet didnt pay winning on this bet. I have asked support, why? The answer was
    As per checking your query with the relevant department, we would like
    toinform you that these bets were indeed offered with a wrong price, and as
    such are cancelled in full accordance with our Terms and Conditions:
    Of course ,Titanbet is cheating. They started with the same line/odds like other bookmakers.
    Later this day odds dropped a lot. Probably Titanbet got too much risk on Lvingston, so cancelled bets.
    SBR please contact with Titanbet , and ask to settle bets as winniners. Also consider to downgrade titanbet rating.
    Practices like this are really shamefull for bookmakers. By the way, I advice to avoid Titanbet.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If it was a stale line and they didn't bother moving it, they owe it and cannot cancel it.

File a complaint, and we will be happy to try to help.

gryzonko

I send complaint form. Thanks for a reply Justin.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Its one thing cancelling a proper error where they put a line up the wrong way round, or put a decimal point in the wrong place - but if it is just a stale line that they were too slow to move and got caught out, then have no recourse to void.

At the very worst, they should chalk it up to inexperience, pay out the bets and move on - if they are really upset with you taking advantage of a stale line, then they could slash your limits, but they should still pay out if it is just a stale line and not a legitimate mistake (and from the screenshot you provided, it looks like they were just too slow to react !)

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

some books do this... betclic comes to mind.
    i dont have this experience with titanbet - perhaps it's new internal policy they have?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HWG6676

gryzonko

My only mistake was to play this bet in titanbet. I should placed a bet in a pinnacle with a bit worse odds.
    By the way - later I have found in spam email with information about cancelation. Email was sent 2 pm/3pm, so few hours after my bet was placed, and odds went down to ~1.5. I have checked in oddsportal titanbet odds history for this bet. They have changed odds 4 or 5 times until cancel bets. So , probably they cancelled many bets. Most of players even dint complaint . I hope Titanbet will be punish for practicies like this.

ah81
    ah81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heard they do this quite a lot, especially on early lines, always citing an error. Seems this is generally when they are offering a competitive price (but not necessarily best market price). I'd be a bit careful here

JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!

titan bet are a shower of shitt

Ganesh
    Ganesh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I did not expekt this behaviour from this bookie.

sunny
    sunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

A bit off topic... but I noticed that bookies have different policies regarding so called palpable errors, some just void bets while some settle bets at their "correct" price.

Isn't "settle at correct price" unfair? If I poped into a shop and spotted something tag price £100 and paid for it, is it fair to be told when I left the shop that the correct price is £200 and be forced to accept it?

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109244

It's unfair, but when you place a bet you accept their rules.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    A bit off topic... but I noticed that bookies have different policies regarding so called palpable errors, some just void bets while some settle bets at their "correct" price.

Isn't "settle at correct price" unfair? If I poped into a shop and spotted something tag price £100 and paid for it, is it fair to be told when I left the shop that the correct price is £200 and be forced to accept it?
    Never heard about such bookie practices.

Regarding Titan, I think this is totally unacceptable and extremely poor practice. After placing a bet, I don't usually keep watching the lines for that bet and don't care too much which way it moves. If I place a bet at 1.95 and in a few hours it moves to 2.25 I have to live with it and I won't call titanben saying to void my last bet and accept the same bet with better odds. They'd just laught at my request.

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

They are a joke. They just copy Pinnacle's lines, don't take a view, and don't take a bet. You would have thought with the financial backing they have they would at least try to be a bookmaker. But sadly not - just another pile of crap looking to take the Bwin model - copy lines, tiny limits, limits winners.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titanbet do it many times.When they suspect that an odd is strange,or something goes wrong,they cancel a bet without asking and searching.I could say that they are amateurs.