Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

** at 5dimes

I did'nt want to go this route but my CC issuing bank is charging 3%. and I know 5dimes covers fees on deposits over 250. Anyhow, I know this is a respected book. but this ** deal is so shady. You get a strange country and even stranger name to send funds to. I went to the closest ** and was told Nicaragua was on the no send list. They then proceded to tell me its because there were so many scams coming out of this country. (This is what I wanted to hear) So now, I get the Phillipines and another Two last name recipient. I didnt feel good about it but hit the submit button. I wait a while on my funds to show up. Finally I ask, come to find out the money was converted to a Shiat load of peco's....

Now Im ready to do it again. however, I would like to hear some feedback from some of you. Have you made a Deposit using ** or ** with 5dimes? If so, did it go smoothly ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

go to local store instead, much easier

Big_Cheese

Everytime you ask to do a W.U they give you a different country and a different rec name... Why is this. Is this there way of being discrete ? My luck dude, the 5Dimes office would get robbed and they would collect on all the deposits that day.... Terrible thinking I know...

Basically what Im asking is, Have you been successful using this method ? is it safe ?

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicaragua is NOT on the do not send list..... Pretty sure you put the wrong country in here or the other person did. I send and recieve money weekly from Nicaragua.

And its not a different country every time.... They basically have 3 countries that they use: Nicaragua, Phillipines and (seldomly) Panama.

And I just love how ignorant Americans... "another two last name recipient" VERY common outside of the US for people to have two last names.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Nicaragua is NOT on the do not send list..... Pretty sure you put the wrong country in here or the other person did. I send and recieve money weekly from Nicaragua.

And its not a different country every time.... They basically have 3 countries that they use: Nicaragua, Phillipines and (seldomly) Panama.

And I just love how ignorant Americans... "another two last name recipient" VERY common outside of the US for people to have two last names.
    Do the ** at a supermarket. Make sure you know what the last and first names are. Middle and South America often has double last names, but Philippines may have double first names.

Big_Cheese

The Store I went to down the road... The ** there would not send it to Nicaragua... By the way I would rather be Ignorant than an Azzhole...

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post

The only thing ignorant is people having 2 last names. How about 1 first name and 1 last name

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Yes, it's a safe method. Don't be so paranoid.

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

It's safe but be sure to double check what name the clerk has sent the money too. I've had to correct them more than a few times.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Richard View Post
    It's safe but be sure to double check what name the clerk has sent the money too. I've had to correct them more than a few times.
    yep and a few times when i asked them to repeat the name one more time, it was spelled differently the 2nd time they wrote/said it! lol. so it always is best to double check.

btw they always give me phillipines (to the guy that said its used very seldom)

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

You can always ask them for a name that only has one last one, or an easier name then they sometimes give u. ** is the best way to go though in my humble opinion.