Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    This thread is still going?

here it is in a nutshell....
    Don't kill our dreams!

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    No, what matters is the rate. Some Cds I am in pay around 2% monthly and then at the end of the term I get my deposit. Also am in some 3% ones. You have no experience in Cds so please try not to make yourself think you do. Thanks.
    What a bunch of baloney.

Unless you've got CDs issued by the First Bank of Madoff or the People's Bank of HYIP, you aren't getting anywhere close to 2 or 3 percent per month. I doubt that you can even find one that pays 3% per year (certainly not from any reputable FDIC-insured bank).

Last edited by Halifax; 07-15-11 at 08:28 AM.

WVU
    WVU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

2-3% monthly? LMAO. I think he means annually and I still would bet he wasn't getting that

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Why would you want to put $50K in a CD with a 2.5% return annually when you could take that $50K and wager it 100 times over a year with an expected return of even just 1%?

2.5% of $50k= $1,250

1% of $50k X 100= $50,000

Too many people who do not know squat about gambling professionally or finances commenting in this thread as is always the case with these types of threads.

98% of those who have contributed to this thread have no more than $2k offshore yet are quick to act like they have a clue
    The annually doesn't matter as much as the rate... Trust me I know what I am talking about. If it's something I don't know much about I admit it such as good soccer strategies or baseball strategies. I know about Cds and betting on tennis mainly.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    What a bunch of baloney.

Unless you've got CDs issued by the First Bank of Madoff or the People's Bank of HYIP, you aren't getting anywhere close to 2 or 3 percent per month. I doubt that you can even find one that pays 3% per year (certainly not from any reputable FDIC-insured bank).

Discover Bank is a good one I use... It depends on how long the Cd term is.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    The annually doesn't matter as much as the rate... Trust me I know what I am talking about. If it's something I don't know much about I admit it such as good soccer strategies or baseball strategies. I know about Cds and betting on tennis mainly.
    You have no clue what you are talking about if you think that locking your money up for 1 year for a 2% return is better than taking that money and reinvesting it over and over throughout the year.

Many better ways to invest your money in life than to tie it up in a CD with the rates they give you these days.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    You have no clue what you are talking about if you think that locking your money up for 1 year for a 2% return is better than taking that money and reinvesting it over and over throughout the year.

Many better ways to invest your money in life than to tie it up in a CD with the rates they give you these days.
    I've been trying to tell him that keeping all his money in cds is chump change compared to what he can make wagering and keeping his $ flowing.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by WVU View Post
    2-3% monthly? LMAO. I think he means annually and I still would bet he wasn't getting that

I think he's stupid enough that he believes that the 2% CD's he's seen ads for means 2%/month, and so he posted that in his imaginary investment posts..

He's never invested in a CD.

"The annually doesn't matter as much as the rate."

He's a fool and definitely a troll - the reincarnation of brahmabull17 who started this thread but was shamed into disappearing after shari exposed him.
    Last edited by Scooter; 07-15-11 at 12:56 PM.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Maybe true if you are in the US, but certainly far from the truth if you live in the free world.
    I can actually play (post up or credit) at every off shore book around so it doesnt matter if youre in the U.S. or not. Which once again shows how novice many people on these forums are. Because if you cant play at a book because you live in the U.S. then you dont know your business, which is supposedly gambling.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

most of them are just getting by. Many ups and downs

First ... 3456