TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Never seen this happen before

Right, it has been stated in my 888Sport thread but I wanted to ask you guys about this. It's really weird, I've never seen it before. 888 sport emailed me regarding a bonus, if I bet 20 euro, I would receive a 20 free bet. Thought it was an alright deal so I placed a bet for 20 euro and received the free bet. Great.

So, I placed another bet from my winnings and received another 20 euro free bet? Thought ok, a little weird so I bet a fiver on a scorecast, received a 5 euro free bet. 20 euro bet, you see the pattern right?

Just to confirm what I was thinking, I placed an obscure amount 12.35 on a bet and received a 12.55 free bet!

Just to confirm they were real and not an error I used the fiver free bet on a very long shot (lost) and I used the 12.55 (pending). So they are real free bets.

I'm going to ring them tomorrow morning to sort this out otherwise, it's going to cause problems right?

Clearly the software is giving me a free bet on ALMOST every bet I've placed since the promo. It hasn't for all bets placed but this will mess up my balance.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13432

They must have made some kind of mistake.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Not quite the same as what you are having, but I have seen it before where a company will give something like 5 free bets based on your initial stakes/bets - cant remember the exact details, but when I signed up to one of the UK companies 2 or 3 years ago they had an offer that was roughly as follows:

1st Free Bet - Match your 1st bet with a free bet up to a certain maximum (think it was £50 max)
    2nd Free Bet - Free bet worth the average of your next 5 bets (again there was a max, think was £50)
    3rd Free Bet - Free bet worth the average of your next 5 bets (again there was a max, think was £50)
    4th Free Bet - Free bet worth the average of your next 5 bets (again there was a max, think was £50)
    5th Free Bet - Free bet worth the average of your next 5 bets (again there was a max, think was £50)

So assuming you averaged more than £50 a bet for your first 21 bets, then you could earn a maximum of £250 bonus.

There may be a similar thing for you, but might be "match the stakes of your 1st 5 bets" or something - good idea to double check with them though to save any hassle !

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.

Thanks for the input guys. The free bets are been automatically credited I think. Maniac, don't think thats it because the deal was one free bet worth 20 euro. Ah we'll, I'll ring tomorrow morning the temptation to just use them is there but I won't have a leg to stand on would I if they removed the winnings.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

I have just had a look on the website and found the following which suggests some sort of tiered free betting - but doesnt explain the fiver and the 12.55 free bets:

£50 bet basket Offer Terms:

Terms & Conditions
    Open an account with 888sport and place a bet of at least £10. 888sport will then credit your 888sport account with a £10 free bet token.
    Afterwards every 4 bets of at least £10 each will earn you a 'bet bonus' free bet token of £10 up to a total of £50.
    Only bets of at least £10 each will count towards your next free bet (bets of a lower value do not affect your entitlement to the offer).

£50 bet basket structure:
    Total number of bets placed Qualifying Bet Free Bet Token
    1st bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    5th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    9th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    13th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    17th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token

Total number of bets placed: Qualifying Bet: Free Bet Token
    1st bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    5th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    9th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    13th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token
    17th bet £10 £10 Free Bet Token

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.

I saw that myself but I'm getting matched free bets on my amounts wagered. I bet 20, receive 20 free bet automatically. I bet 5 euro free bet automatically. Thats why I bet 12.55 to see would it be matched with a free bet and it was. Strange.

Two of the ' error' free bets I've wagered to confirm if they were actually real. One lost and one is pending. I still have three remaining.

Cheers for the help anyway.

I'm best off ringing them tomorrow to confirm what the hell is going on.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

if those free bets win, and they find out aboth the glitch, they may refuse to pay. gl