bobbybeard
    bobbybeard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Questions from an old NOOB! Who is Who?

brand new and I love this site already. I have been using online sports books since 1998. I remember back then, that when I requested $1500 from NASA, it was there in a matter of days and cost about $20. No bullshit. I guess I got spoiled (and I am not a nicle or dime player anymore, either!), but what has happened to this industry? Is there ANY book a yank in the US can trust for a fair shake anymore, or is it all just scams from the Flipines and Cost of Ricans? Seriously, I'd like input from the guys in the know. I will do a search of the site and look at all the colored Lists again, but I would rather hear it from members who have first hand knowledge of who is straight paper and who is not.
    Another question:
    I have been going back and forth with the CSRs' at both of my online operations with emails. One of course, is refusing to pay (oddsmaker.com) and I feel that they legitimize the case for abortion, or at least lobotomy procedures. The responses from both books are all written in the same HTML code. Is this the software that both outfits are using, or am I dealing with a one stop offshore CSR service that caters to many sports books simultaneously?

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybeard View Post
    brand new and I love this site already. I have been using online sports books since 1998. I remember back then, that when I requested $1500 from NASA, it was there in a matter of days and cost about $20. No bullshit. I guess I got spoiled (and I am not a nicle or dime player anymore, either!), but what has happened to this industry? Is there ANY book a yank in the US can trust for a fair shake anymore, or is it all just scams from the Flipines and Cost of Ricans? Seriously, I'd like input from the guys in the know. I will do a search of the site and look at all the colored Lists again, but I would rather hear it from members who have first hand knowledge of who is straight paper and who is not.
    Another question:
    I have been going back and forth with the CSRs' at both of my online operations with emails. One of course, is refusing to pay (oddsmaker.com) and I feel that they legitimize the case for abortion, or at least lobotomy procedures. The responses from both books are all written in the same HTML code. Is this the software that both outfits are using, or am I dealing with a one stop offshore CSR service that caters to many sports books simultaneously?
    Nice on Jay Jay Ghould

bobbybeard

I think you have me mixed up with somebody else? This JJ Gold guy, he is quite an icon in the review sites, isn't he? I googled him, and I found a few sites that can't be found by regular searching. Is that what your reply meant, that I might be that entity?

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

So is that how it works here? Every poster is this guy JJ Gold? who is he exactly?

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

I think you have me mixed up with somebody else? This JJ Gold guy, he is quite an icon in the review sites, isn't he? I googled him, and I found a few sites that can't be found by regular searching. Is that what your reply meant, that I might be that entity?
    Fu-ck the Pats!!!!
    Fu-ck this thread!!!

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Greek is the only book you can trust as a heavy US bettor

bobbybeard

Mensa returns!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Fu-ck the Pats!!!!
    Fu-ck this thread!!!
    this is amazing!! I thought the Mensa group had long since gone into hiding, away from the modern gentry who live their lives by Ipads and cell phones. But lo and behold, this proves that they are posting wisdom filled messages on SBR forums and the like!!!

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Another question:
    Bobby i don't mean to be rude,but if you've been in the game since 1998 what the hell are you doing playing with oddsmaker, it's common knowledge that they are amongst the biggest scamers in the industry.

Going back and forth with their CSR'S will accomplish nothing as they don't pay,in this day and age it's usually new players who get hood winked by them not a vet like yourself.

Bobby find a good local or play with the Greek or BetJamaica,5dimes or Matchbook, if you can find a Canadian hook up, Pinnacle would be your best bet.

Choices are limited for Americans at the moment,it's a government thing

Just out of curiosity what is the other outfit that is giving you the run around?

bobbybeard

Thanks for the input, Al. I have not been really active with the books since the hurricanes in 2004 (Florida) ate up most of my discretionary budget. I did deposit and Tap out with You Wager a few years back, but I never had the pleasure of trying to withdraw $ from them. For some odd reason, I could never stomach their betting interface. Now that sounds pukey, but I was just immediately turned off by the site. I got with Oddsmaker around 2009, I guess because of their glitzy packaging and phony testimonials, reading them in the bathroom I guess. I was not a BIG bettor as I had been in the past, but depositing $200-300 here and there does add up. Anyway, I had UCONN to win the whole thing at 16-1 and had been against the Marlins during their 1-17 stint this year, so I figured now I will cash out because property taxes are due. WRONG!! Now, after the day of the Google, I have found that 98% of all the OLG sites are scams. I was just used to betting with honest to goodness bookmakers back in the day, so I am the one who is to blame with letting shysters take my bread in the end. Right?
    My other question concerning the other site (SUPERBOOK.COM) was about the CSR HTML emails I receive from them. After Oddsmaker stiffed me, I got right to work on them, so I emailed them a dozen questions concerning the conditions of my account and its' stipulations. They replied I could withdraw any amount, at any time. I have been a member there for years, but I do not know if it is under NEW MANAGEMENT. I did not want to go any further down the Oddsmaker path with another outfit. I have never had a problem with getting paid from Superbook.com, and they have always been square with me, but I am in real fear that they may change the rules at any point in time.
    Anyway, the CSR emails from both outfits look like they come from the same place HTML wise with the same emblems and watermarks (different IP headers though), so I am assuming that it is some sort of CSR proprietary software they all use? Or are they just a one stop storefront for all of these offshore gimmicks? I think I will come right out and ask the Superbook CSR people, as if they are going to tell me the truth!!! Hahahahaha!
    I know the US is really a bad place to shop, because we have no recourse, and they can name their price for payout fees even if they pay out. I got fed up with the locals because they are at your door when the minute after the game ends when you lose, and nowhere to be found when you roll them for a grand or two. The last one I had the fond pleasure of dealing with, packed up his family and house and left town with $1800 of my NFL winnings back in 2001.
    That explains it!! I'm the SUCKER that is born every minute!!
    Thanks for your input and suggestions. I will be checking out the sites you suggested.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Hey u dont like my warm welcome to the forum Bobby? And 98% of places are scams? I wouldn't talk about all places being scams just cause your with 1 place thats a scam(oddsmaker). U want to place wagers any of the SBR recommended books will do great for u just look it up.