Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Matchbook... Pinnacle... is out of the question.
    Who told u this lie....If u really want to use it dont think u cant.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Who told u this lie....If u really want to use it dont think u cant.
    Glad you have all the answers and no facts to back it.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

get used to it mate, the forum's full of smartarses who can do anything except tell you how

Legions36

Maybe its worth it too u maybe its not but if u really want or need to use them u can. It takes some steps, there are threads on this subject its no secret. U do have to set up shop out of US but u can be here.
    Last edited by Legions36; 06-20-11 at 12:54 AM.

TheMoneyShot

I've thought about this many times ever since Pinnacle departed. Who hasn't? My only concern is that one wager you risk at Pinnacle for 5k and then you risk the opposite direction for 5k... the Pinnacle side wins... but Pinnacle figures out you're a US Citizen and then grades the wager as a PUSH or LOSS... and then you're OUT 5k. Yep, brilliant thinking on your part. Everyone knows the key in sports wagering is comfort zone, confidence, and rhythm... and simply put "The Juice Isn't Worth The Squeeze."

Like I said... with the remaining "True" US Books... show me a way you can ARB? It's practically impossible. And if you still claim there's a way... then describe it. I know for a fact that if I lived in another country I could make 36k a year just on Arbing alone. That doesn't include my straight wagers. That's just from shopping around. But the geniuses who come in here acting like it's "THAT EASY" for a US citizen... you guys must be hitting the Bong?

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Everyone knows the key in sports wagering is comfort zone, confidence, and rhythm

Legions36

I've thought about this many times ever since Pinnacle departed. Who hasn't? My only concern is that one wager you risk at Pinnacle for 5k and then you risk the opposite direction for 5k... the Pinnacle side wins... but Pinnacle figures out you're a US Citizen and then grades the wager as a PUSH or LOSS... and then you're OUT 5k. Yep, brilliant thinking on your part. Everyone knows the key in sports wagering is comfort zone, confidence, and rhythm... and simply put "The Juice Isn't Worth The Squeeze."

Like I said... with the remaining "True" US Books... show me a way you can ARB? It's practically impossible. And if you still claim there's a way... then describe it. I know for a fact that if I lived in another country I could make 36k a year just on Arbing alone. That doesn't include my straight wagers. That's just from shopping around. But the geniuses who come in here acting like it's "THAT EASY" for a US citizen... you guys must be hitting the Bong?
    No need to mock people when u haven't yet tryed out things. And like i said if u set everything up correctly there is no way for them to find out. I have tested it and it works fine no problems i just haven't taken the trip i need to take in order finish the rest but after trying out myself and doing research from here and 2+2 and google i can tell u it works.

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    but I expect to get shot down in flames by the smartarses who seem to have their unique sources of off market odds and lines which never limit their action
    a friend of mine escapes the BF premium charge with his best man's V card.
    Last edited by tachi; 06-20-11 at 02:01 AM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

To the OP start off using a handful of books depositing $100 or so for the 1st 100 arbs or so. You should make the majority of noob mistakes during this period using play money b4 getting into the good stuff. Basically the more outs you have the more opportunities will present. 83 books atm and counting. I reckon a arber would have to have at least 150 outs b4 being considered a pro. Been doing this for last year on and off and its paid all my bills thus far BUT found it to be quite mentally fatiguing...GL
    Last edited by ACoochy; 06-20-11 at 02:31 AM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    To the OP start off using a handful of books depositing $100 or so for the 1st 100 arbs or so. You should make the majority of noob mistakes during this period using play money b4 getting into the good stuff. Basically the more outs you have the more opportunities will present. 83 books atm and counting. I reckon a arber would have to have at least 150 outs b4 being considered a pro. Been doing this for last year on and off and its paid all my bills thus far BUT found it to be quite metally fatiguing...GL
    gotta watch out for that metal fatigue .... can bring aircraft down

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    gotta watch out for that metal fatigue .... can bring aircraft down
    I knew all those micro scrapings of metal from the bacon pan was gonna haunt me one day.... Duly noted ty

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

To The Money Shot-

The only thing worse than stupid people is stupid people who think they are smart. You have no clue about arbing, bonus arbing, clearing bonuses with arbing, betting the soft sides of arbs, which is what should happen most of the time.

These threads always break down into two categories, Theremp,donjuan,durito,ganchrow, people who truly know what they are doing, make tons of money betting on sports and understand betting on sports has nothing to do with knowledge of sports but rather knowledge of immature markets, inefficient markets, steam chasing, raping rec books, and sound mathematical principles. And then there are the other people who think their limited knowledge of sports gives them some kind of an edge over the staggering amount of computer data compiled to make lines in major markets. Then all the debates surround the smarter people being douches to the dumb ass people which they deserve and they never get a clue that if they simply bet off market numbers whenever they could find them they would do ten times better than anything they do now.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

If you could find a local with soft lines, then arbing is quite possible for u.s. players. That would also solve the problem of moving money around quickly.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    To The Money Shot- The only thing worse than stupid people is stupid people who think they are smart. You have no clue about arbing, bonus arbing, clearing bonuses with arbing, betting the soft sides of arbs, which is what should happen most of the time. These threads always break down into two categories, Theremp,donjuan,durito,ganchrow, people who truly know what they are doing, make tons of money betting on sports and understand betting on sports has nothing to do with knowledge of sports but rather knowledge of immature markets, inefficient markets, steam chasing, raping rec books, and sound mathematical principles. And then there are the other people who think their limited knowledge of sports gives them some kind of an edge over the staggering amount of computer data compiled to make lines in major markets. Then all the debates surround the smarter people being douches to the dumb ass people which they deserve and they never get a clue that if they simply bet off market numbers whenever they could find them they would do ten times better than anything they do now.
    Again... hey... jackass... anyone can work magic with wording. Where's your proof? Someone makes up a f'ing word "ARB" hey let's call it ARBING... and let's change the form of sports wagering. NO SH#$ bro. It's just like a guy on wallstreet buying and selling stocks at his pace. You can play around with whatever you want to do...and pretty much you forget you're actually wagering on sports. It's a gamble no matter what way you look at it.

The truth of the matter... it's called "value". What do you value? Like I said before... the ones who run your mouth... (like yourself) don't have a piss pot to pee in.

donjuan

Again... hey... jackass... anyone can work magic with wording. Where's your proof? Someone makes up a f'ing word "ARB" hey let's call it ARBING... and let's change the form of sports wagering. NO SH#$ bro. It's just like a guy on wallstreet buying and selling stocks at his pace. You can play around with whatever you want to do...and pretty much you forget you're actually wagering on sports. It's a gamble no matter what way you look at it.

The truth of the matter... it's called "value". What do you value? Like I said before... the ones who run your mouth... (like yourself) don't have a piss pot to pee in.
    A poor man's BigdaddyQH.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I find TONS of chances of ARBING using LIVE IN GAME FROM 5Dimes.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

From my experience, arbing is at a low point right now. I've seen much better times.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    I find TONS of chances of ARBING using LIVE IN GAME FROM 5Dimes.
    so at which books are you playing the other side ?

Johnny 55
    Johnny 55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again... hey... jackass... anyone can work magic with wording. Where's your proof? Someone makes up a f'ing word "ARB" hey let's call it ARBING... and let's change the form of sports wagering. NO SH#$ bro. It's just like a guy on wallstreet buying and selling stocks at his pace. You can play around with whatever you want to do...and pretty much you forget you're actually wagering on sports. It's a gamble no matter what way you look at it. The truth of the matter... it's called "value". What do you value? Like I said before... the ones who run your mouth... (like yourself) don't have a piss pot to pee in.

I "value" fading your intelligence.

sportsbetwin
    sportsbetwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got to hand it to you Hareeba ....you liven up the threads!

I arbed for about 3 months in 09. Made only modest profits although a few newbie arber mistakes hurt me. My conclusion is that it is possible to make nice profits but you need a very big bankroll and the right mindset.

I think anyone who says that arbing is risk free has never done it. Apart from not getting the profits I wanted I stopped because I wasn't enjoying it (after the initial novelty). Wasn't for me ..but for the right or experienced person I can see the potential.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well actually you didn't need a big bankroll to start back in the days, when there was bonuses to get etc.
    It was smarter anyway to not raise all red flags right at the start by betting huge amounts.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbetwin View Post
    Got to hand it to you Hareeba ....you liven up the threads!

I arbed for about 3 months in 09. Made only modest profits although a few newbie arber mistakes hurt me. My conclusion is that it is possible to make nice profits but you need a very big bankroll and the right mindset.

I think anyone who says that arbing is risk free has never done it. Apart from not getting the profits I wanted I stopped because I wasn't enjoying it (after the initial novelty). Wasn't for me ..but for the right or experienced person I can see the potential.
    Thanks mate, but my intention has never been to "liven up the threads".
    But I will certainly react to those knowitall arseholes who delight in telling me I'm wrong, a liar, idiot etc but aren't inclined ever to explain why so that we could have a reasoned discussion about the issues instead of reverting to insults.

My experience and views on arbing are very similar to yours. We in this part of the world are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to arbing as most opportunities come up when the saner of us are asleep. Further, because sports betting is legal and regulated here we don't have "locals" or a Vegas so our options are fewer to find the odds and liquidity needed.

I know I can make a good deal more money playing the horses in the afternoons than I could ever possibly hope to make arbing and I'd much rather do that anyway than stay up all night looking out for opportunities in Euro soccer and US sports etc to make a few pennies on each boring trade.

donjuan

Thanks mate, but my intention has never been to "liven up the threads".
    But I will certainly react to those knowitall arseholes who delight in telling me I'm wrong, a liar, idiot etc but aren't inclined ever to explain why so that we could have a reasoned discussion about the issues instead of reverting to insults.
    Most get tired of explaining it to you multiple times.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Most get tired of explaining it to you multiple times.
    I'm still awaiting your FIRST explanation of where I was "wrong" in the post the started our argument in this thread!

Nothing you've posted since has thrown any light on what you disagreed with.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe that's why this didn't ring a bell? But thanks Hareeba for sending me the link. You can't Arb anything unless you have 6 major books to work with. About a 50k bankroll... or Pinnacle and Matchbook combined together. It's absolutely impossible to do this if you're a US Gambler.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    I've heard people say it's better to just bet the soft line of the arb and you will make more money long term...
    I asked what the true definition of arbing was. I already had an idea what everyone was talking about. First of all I'm not trying to be rude with all the brainiacks in this thread... but as far as I'm concern... you need: 1. A hefty bankroll to work with. 2. A couple of low vig books (US Residents are suffering - only book would be 5Dimes now) The reason why I don't look to arb because it's a waste of time. For instance you hit one book hard for 1k right? You go the other direction with another book for 1k... and you gain a little bit of vig back. Let's say the line difference was +105. So if one side hits you gain $50. Matchbook... Pinnacle... is out of the question. You can't hammer anything for 2k-5k. Some books you have to wait for a line shift to wager again. Then, let's say you're running low in one book because you're losing with this book. Now, you have to move money back into the book to ARB. Pain in the ass with moving money. It's not easy for US Gamblers unless you're working with 30k or so? Then you have to make sure that book allows you to wager 5k at once online. THEY DON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT!!! So the price in moving money, trusting the book with your money, soft lines, reduced vig... you have to figure everything out. It's not that simple for a US Gambler... and if you believe it is... please... be my guest type out your formula.
    your answers money shot

be careful with knowing all about gambling, your perception will change as you grow, if your perception hasn't changed then you are not growing as a gambler

everyone instead of measuring penis's, just try and read through the knowledge discarding the irrelevant

IMO

i prefer the soft side with a lean

jimmythehand
    jimmythehand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hi Guys,

I'm from sportspunter.com. We've been running an arb service for about 7 years now.

I think a lot of what I would say on the subject has all been covered here. But to summarise:

* Arbing is definitely becoming harder all the time. I've had plenty of experienced arbers quit saying it's too hard. But as mentioned, these people are probably not as smart as others.
    * There are still plenty of good ways to make good money. Probably the best is 'Middles' and 'Sides', where you risk a small percentage of your stake but are 'guaranteed' to win one or both your bets, or get your money back on one side. Every now and then I'll do a bit of 'arbing' just to check up on our service and how things are going. Last month, using a bank roll of 25k and 15 bookmakers I was able to make 2-3k using only the 'middling' and 'sides' concept.
    * There are lots of good tricks to help avoid you getting limited
    * When you do get limited, remember that bookmakers like you referring your family and friends to them
    * Arbing is not for everyone. It can be mentally fatiguing. Some people might find it boring. Some people mind find it enthralling. It is a very personal experience
    * If you can spot clever ways of making money - usually going back to the concept of sides and middles - you can make a nice little side income without it being too taxing. It can be a nice complement to your current betting.

If anyone wants a free trial of our service, just mention a 1 week trial if you register with us.

Hope that helps!

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Hareeba

If you don't mind me asking. How are you handicapping horse racing these days? I have a black book going focusing on quick comparative times and some video analysis but anything more is very time consuming. I have a lot of trends from years back when I was doing a lot of work but I haven't updated them recently. Just to do the form properly for one state is really a fulltime job. The biggest thing keeping me in the game is stable info.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Hareeba

If you don't mind me asking. How are you handicapping horse racing these days? I have a black book going focusing on quick comparative times and some video analysis but anything more is very time consuming. I have a lot of trends from years back when I was doing a lot of work but I haven't updated them recently. Just to do the form properly for one state is really a fulltime job. The biggest thing keeping me in the game is stable info.
    Yes Doc, I fully understand what you are saying. I too was like that and came to the realisation that to keep up with the game these days one really can't compete with those who have it all on databases. So after much research and testing I found a service which provides ratings and historical data which suits me and now use that to determine my bets and supplemented by some tips from other pros who do similar things with ratings and data from other sources.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you've been gambling 40+ years and have never mustered a 5k bet, there is no way that you can position yourself as successful enough to disparage making a few pennies. Since that would be essentially what you've done for 4 decades.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    If you've been gambling 40+ years and have never mustered a 5k bet, there is no way that you can position yourself as successful enough to disparage making a few pennies. Since that would be essentially what you've done for 4 decades.
    I note once again your incapacity to comprehend written English.

My reference to making a few pennies was clearly in relation to the outlay on a single arb and in stark contrast to my preferred form of betting.

Thremp

I understood that clearly. I started out making a few pennies per bet, yet somehow you mistake me for a whale (lol) in a tenth the time you've been betting. Your aren't qualified to comment on this in any fashion. You have an utterly useless opinion on the subject of online gambling due to your inconsistent and myopic view on the subject. I won't even touch on the routinely inconsistent "advice" you give.

Hareeba!

I understood that clearly. I started out making a few pennies per bet, yet somehow you mistake me for a whale (lol) in a tenth the time you've been betting. Your aren't qualified to comment on this in any fashion. You have an utterly useless opinion on the subject of online gambling due to your inconsistent and myopic view on the subject. I won't even touch on the routinely inconsistent "advice" you give.
    A typically worthless post (poor grammar too) concentrating only on belittling me rather than providing any specifics as to what you disagree with.

Thremp

Finding a post I do agree with would be a challenge. Your views on which books to play at for the n00b (or pro) are laughable. You comments in this thread are laughable. Justin7 even lolled you out of the prior thread where you were spouting off nonsense.

You should be viewed as a less entertaining jjgold/BigDaddyQH

Hareeba!

Finding a post I do agree with would be a challenge. Your views on which books to play at for the n00b (or pro) are laughable. You comments in this thread are laughable. Justin7 even lolled you out of the prior thread where you were spouting off nonsense.

You should be viewed as a less entertaining jjgold/BigDaddyQH
    I'm not asking you to find a post you DO agree with!!

But do you think it would be possible to mention even ONE specific point I've posted which you disagree with that we could have a sensible discussion about and leave out all the crap you to date haven't been able to avoid sprouting?

First 1234 Last