LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chat transcript with Tony re: Golf Long shots

What took so long for someone to do what i did here?

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Monica'
    Monica: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    andrew: Hi, I need to speak to Tony for a minute please
    Monica: Just a moment please
    andrew: hello?
    info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Tony'.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Tony'
    Tony: how can I help you today?
    andrew: hi Tony
    andrew: hope you're well.
    Tony: all is good
    Tony: how are you?
    andrew: fine, but actually i need to chat with youI'm really sick and tired of seeing 5dimes being bashed left and right on SBR. (I want the truth not inuendo or speculation).
    andrew: take a moment to check my account and you'll see we haven't always seen eye to eye....
    andrew: and you'll also probably see i am valued customer and enjoy doing business with you, right?
    Tony: first off, don't really care about what is said by most of the people on SBR
    Tony: all my customers are valued, just some are more valued than others
    andrew: point taken
    andrew: Regarding the Memorial Golf Tourney, I was both impressed with the attractive odds for the longshots you were offering, yet very troubled be the spector raised that these could be later called 'bad lines'.
    andrew: I read though nine pages of posts and I don't recall anyone doing what i'm doing...talking directly to you
    Tony: all the lines were correct
    Tony: never bothered to read any posts
    andrew: wonderful..so would you mind if I posted this response from you and save everyone alot of misunderstandings
    Tony: what response is that?
    andrew: Can you assure me that any posted lines for the Memorial Golf Tourney will be honored?
    Tony: you name me a ticket number in question, and i'll check it
    andrew: as well as any currently posted long shots, and players can bet into them with confidence that if they hit, 'bad line' won't be called, and they will be paid.
    Tony: if a customer has any question to the validity of a line, always best to ask
    Tony: as line errors can happen
    Tony: most commonly an extra zero
    andrew: since as you are aware your longshots often are aggressively priced, better than most books,
    Tony: i am not making any "blanket promises" that "all is perfect"
    Tony: anyone with a specific question regarding a ticket or a current offering should directly ask on livehelp
    andrew: i understand that..really
    Tony: costs nothing to ask
    andrew: i think the general consensus is players want to have the confidence that they font need to double check every line they find to be a bargain..u understant that right?
    Tony: and i'm not going to give a blanket answer of "all lines are good"
    Tony: you understand that right?
    andrew: can we agree that barrring an 'OBVIOUS' extra zero that compounds a payoff by a factor of 10x, your lines are honorable
    Tony: i think that would be a fair assumption
    Tony: and again, anything in doubt, always best to ask
    Tony: costs nothing

Unfortunatley, at this point I hit a wrong key and the chat got reset. Take it for what it's worth, but I think it's worth noting how my question regarding an extra zero NOT BEING THE ISSUE was answered,
    Last edited by LegitBet; 06-03-11 at 02:17 PM.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should be banned from the Think Tank

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

does tony talks with everybody???

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't get you guys...nine pages of freaking posts and all it takes is one chat to clear up this bullshit issue?

please..forget about agendas..tell me where i'm going wrong here?

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?
    boatboatboat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    does tony talks with everybody???

My guess is they have 7 guys named Tony. Hell he spends 2/3 of his time chatting, and having it posted here.

The way i figure it when someone in chat request to speak with Tony, someone comes over the loud speaker at 5 dimes and says "Tony, line 1 please, another SBR poster wants to copy and paste a chat with you"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I question thism nut legitbet has been pretty good in the past

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still not sure Tony knew 100% what you were saying. I would have been more specific with examples like "everyone has +5000, and you have +8850" is this a bad line or no?

dirtyb66
    dirtyb66's Avatar Become A Pro!

when it comes down to it they can call bad line any time they want to really

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by princecharles View Post
    I question thism nut legitbet has been pretty good in the past
    I challenge someone to make sense of this post.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

andrew: wonderful..so would you mind if I posted this response from you and save everyone alot of misunderstandings
    Tony: what response is that?

You can't make this sh!t up!

BackDoorCover
    BackDoorCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4296

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBet View Post
    i don't get you guys...nine pages of freaking posts and all it takes is one chat to clear up this bullshit issue?

please..forget about agendas..tell me where i'm going wrong here?

There was NO ISSUE, that's the whole point. Nothing for Tony to have to clear up. Nobs made an ignorant post, not understanding how futures markets work. A bunch of clueless posters decided that this was a good thread to jump in and attack 5dimes. Many savvy posters, including mods, came in and calmly and rationally explained to the original poster and the clueless followers why the thread was ridiculous. The clueless posters ignored all reason and logic and continued to call for Tony's head.

The above entirely sums up the ridiculous 12 page thread. There was never any need to chat with Tony. Any reasonably intelligent person had already been educated about the hold on golf futures markets, and the legitimacy of 5dimes lines. The clueless people can be presented with all of the evidence in the world, and they'll never believe they're wrong.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I challenge someone to make sense of this post.
    princechareles was either high or drunk when he posted that.