roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

the only problem would be matching the bets.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Btw, do you know why BF came up with Premium Charge thing?

Because, BF noticed that Top 10 BF users were earning more money then Betfair! That's right. Can you believe it? You're earning more money then betting exchange, itself, lol.
    How do u know?
    do u mean together?

I don't believe that 1user can make more then betfair make

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Yes, maximum is %20. But it's high enough.

If you're a sports bettor, use Pinnacle, Sbobet instead. You can get much better odds.

Use Betfair for trading.
    I use Betfair heaps and never trade.

You can more often than not beat Pinnacle and the others's odds if you have patience.

And the PC is grossly misunderstood. I've seen numerous posts on this forum and not one putting it correctly. But as you say, there are ways to avoid it if you find yourself in the unlikely situation of getting close to it being imposed. If you're a regular sports bettor and don't trade it's extremely unlikely you'll ever have to worry about it.

roanildinho

hareeba worry about as they will make it higher? or something worse

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    hareeba worry about as they will make it higher? or something worse
    ?

"If you're a regular sports bettor and don't trade it's extremely unlikely you'll ever have to worry about it."

I'm certain it will never bother you mate

jozomir
    jozomir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

5 % is all they care.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

shabane

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

betfair is great for golf , i never bet golf before, love the top 10 and top5 options and in play

roanildinho

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    ?

"If you're a regular sports bettor and don't trade it's extremely unlikely you'll ever have to worry about it."

I'm certain it will never bother you mate
    Im a trader, will i get something higher than 20.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

you need to worry about if you can make 300k first.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

That commission does come down, does it not? As long as you keep betting.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

roanildinho, based on your questions and comments in this thread i'm 100% certain you personally will never ever have to worry about the premium charge.

roanildinho

noyb why?

roanildinho

The system should work wonders on tennis matches especially small wta tournements, where there is no risk,
    also nba games or mlb games
    just make sure the games have good liquidity , 10 k in matched bets is a good place to do that

noyb

Quote Originally Posted by roanildinho View Post
    noyb why?
    because a person with the kind of "betting strategies" (if you can call them that) you come up with will never have to worry about turning a profit on betfair, let alone be so extremely profitable the betting charge would become an issue

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

In the past, we were using this tactic:

Lay the draw before kick off.

When one side scores, odds for draw skyrocket.

So you hedge your bet.

You lay draw at 3.20 and then later, back it at 8 and guarantee profit..

However, times are changed.

Market has changed too. Odds changed..

This tactic don't work anymore.

But if you think leading team is likely to lose the lead, you can always lay them or back the draw. When other team equalizes the game, you can green up!

A betting shop manager was outlining his strategy to me yesterday. He hopes for the home team to go behind early in televised games in the belief that the market then over-prices them.

This seems credible to me as there seem to have been more goals lately thusly more volatility therefore seemingly unlikely outcomes might be more likely than they appear.

noyb

before making any presumptions about anything, you need data and the ability to analyze these data.

i'm not saying betfair odds are 100% efficient, but you gotta come up with more than these kinds of simplistic theories any 4 year old can think of. they are not original, thousands have thought of this before and if it ever worked, it would have been priced out a long time ago. for something to work, you need either perfect intuition (which is basically a method without you being aware of it) or a proven method with a large number of variables that will "outsmart" the market in the right circumstances. not something like "the market always overprices favourites behind", because this is bs. this kind of thinking will kill you just as much in the stock market as it will in the betting exchange market.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    before making any presumptions about anything, you need data and the ability to analyze these data.

i'm not saying betfair odds are 100% efficient, but you gotta come up with more than these kinds of simplistic theories any 4 year old can think of. they are not original, thousands have thought of this before and if it ever worked, it would have been priced out a long time ago. for something to work, you need either perfect intuition (which is basically a method without you being aware of it) or a proven method with a large number of variables that will "outsmart" the market in the right circumstances. not something like "the market always overprices favourites behind", because this is bs. this kind of thinking will kill you just as much in the stock market as it will in the betting exchange market.
    Exactly. Need say no more.

Ira Wilton
    Ira Wilton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    so when do you project having the first 300k of 2011 banged out?

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post

Very well spoken, everyone should read this before thinking these extremely non-sophisticated theories is the fast lane to riches.

First 12