jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Gold

Are you evening playing at those 3 books?
    No..not allowed to play there although I a have a clue
    Point is id you are betting serius money or even semi serious money your betting tennis only at Betfair and Pinnacle

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

JJ ... this isn't PT, this is where those of us who really do bet discuss things.

I do bet tennis, and not just the slams, and often have my action spread over 6-12 books, of which Pinny is but one.

Please stop talking about what is or isn't with Betfair, Pinnacle, and any other book that you can't have an account at / don't use / never have used ...

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Lol chachi jj has access to any book he wants

chachi
    Lazy Git

yeah down at the library ...

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

100% true.

we will see if matchbook will still be up there once the french open is over. i personally doubt it.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

All books, that do not void a wager if any player retires (even after 1st set completed) are worthless in tennis!

Pinnacle, Betfair, 5dimes, etc. are worthless for tennis. SboBet is not.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Betfair and any Asian book is where all the mobsters and people who fix games spend their money. You can drop 200k on a tennis ML live if you wanted to with betfair, obviously those are the bigger games with more people trading. Since you bet against other people, Betfair doesn't really care, they just have to maintain their legitimacy in the public eye so people come back.

chachi
    Lazy Git

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    All books, that do not void a wager if any player retires (even after 1st set completed) are worthless in tennis!
    You obviously don't track player health or know certain players have a history of pulling out, and take the other side at such a book for the +EV in a play

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Nah, a few of the Aussie ones are good as well for taking big wagers but...

If you're a Pro or are even close to it and do enough turnover that getting the best price will make a serious difference to you, you're indeed better off with Pinny or Betfair. Can't speak for Matchbook.
    I can't think of a single Aussie book other than TABcorp where you can get set for a good sized wager. The corporates have all imposed severe limits.

No doubt that Betfair and Pinnacle are the core books for tennis. Matchbook currently with 0% commission is great but let's see what happens after 9th June.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinBieber View Post
    188bet, SBObet.

Yet another person who post count >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> money won from sports betting.
    both those are better for sets betting than h2h but their limits are pretty low

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post
    Pinnie have best odds and there is no doubt.
    As one who keenly shops for best odds I know that not to be true

Yes they are very competitive but I end up putting more bets and more $s on at Betfair than Pinnacle.

The big advantage Betfair has is you can ask for the price you want. If you're not silly about, most of the time you'll get it.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Why would you have a chance at Pinny, they are the sharpest...you would need to be godly good to beat them based only on knowing more than they do.
    You have the best shot at winning if you catch soft lines at "shit books", but that's why they are shit books...you won't have limits there for very long.
    nonsense logic
    so you'd take 2.20 at a "shit" book rather than 2.30 at Pinnacle because they are "the sharpest" ?

if you know your sport, you know as much as any of the bookies and you bet where the price is best

Hareeba!

Pinnacle, Betfair, 5dimes, etc. are worthless for tennis. SboBet is not.
    stupid post

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    nonsense logic
    so you'd take 2.20 at a "shit" book rather than 2.30 at Pinnacle because they are "the sharpest" ?

if you know your sport, you know as much as any of the bookies and you bet where the price is best
    Reading comprehension fail.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Reading comprehension fail.
    please put me right then
    what should I do if I want to back a player I rate an evens chance and Pinnacle is offering the best odds at 2.30?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

please put me right then what should I do if I want to back a player I rate an evens chance and Pinnacle is offering the best odds at 2.30?
    i would say pinny offering the best price is not a good thing
    doesn't mean the play will lose its just a sign , thats what he was saying

donjuan

please put me right then
    what should I do if I want to back a player I rate an evens chance and Pinnacle is offering the best odds at 2.30?
    You should stop assuming that everyone who wins, wins by capping.

donjuan

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    It's pretty clear +120 when Pinny is offering +130 is not an off market line. Hareeba doesn't really do the whole reading thing very well, though.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

It's pretty clear +120 when Pinny is offering +130 is not an off market line. Hareeba doesn't really do the whole reading thing very well, though.
    i have been making a killing off of baseball based on matchy and pinnys line vs the market

jjgold

I thought Centrebet out of Australia takes massive limits on Tennis??

The Asian books from I can see have way too high juice on tennis

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

All books, that do not void a wager if any player retires (even after 1st set completed) are worthless in tennis! Pinnacle, Betfair, 5dimes, etc. are worthless for tennis. SboBet is not.
    You are leaving money on the table. Forget grand slams - that's where actual tennis is played. Take any lower ATP tournament... like 250-500pointers and look at first two rounds. Lots of retirements after the first set... and guess who usually retires? There are well known names who only come to get the starting fee... have no interest in actually finishing the match. Track the names and betfair movements before and during the match... There's money to be made... but you won't make it with books that void on retirement.

That being said - asians are among the first to post set-betting odds and usually keep them highest - that's why I like them. There are many ways to bet on tennis and make money on tennis - and it's impossible to say one or three books are the best. They might be best if you only go for moneyline betting and you know who you think is going to win...

Money can be made even if you have no clue who's going to win - and for that betfair is priceless

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I thought Centrebet out of Australia takes massive limits on Tennis??

The Asian books from I can see have way too high juice on tennis
    Yeah, massive indeed ... I can get a whole $50 on any match I choose with Centrebet.

As I posted above, the Asians don't offer good h2h odds but they are very competitive on sets albeit for up to only $371 mostly

Hareeba!

You should stop assuming that everyone who wins, wins by capping.
    you're right

it does seem to me that most of the posters here are just penny scraping arbers and bonus whores rather than legitimate sports bettors
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 05-31-11 at 05:57 PM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    considering Pinnacle frequently post the best odds for each player that doesn't really make a lot of sense does it?

tennis has been my #1 thing for over 8 years now and I've withdrawn more from Pinnacle than I've deposited with them over that time

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Originally Posted by Monte
    Why would you have a chance at Pinny, they are the sharpest...you would need to be godly good to beat them based only on knowing more than they do.
    You have the best shot at winning if you catch soft lines at "shit books", but that's why they are shit books...you won't have limits there for very long.

nonsense logic

Is that a joke? Maybe read again slowly what i wrote..you seem to think everyone here is st00pid, besides you of course.
    What iam saying is that if Pinny has the best odds on something, that usually doesn't mean you have an edge there...
    if that would be the case, they obviously wouldn't be the nr.1 because even tossers like yourself could beat them all day long.
    What i didn't say is that i would bet somewhere else on worse odds instead...jesus

jjgold

Yeah, massive indeed ... I can get a whole $50 on any match I choose with Centrebet.

As I posted above, the Asians don't offer good h2h odds but they are very competitive on sets albeit for up to only $371 mostly
    Well I got that info, why do I ever believe her??

Hareeba!

Is that a joke? Maybe read again slowly what i wrote..you seem to think everyone here is st00pid, besides you of course.
    What iam saying is that if Pinny has the best odds on something, that usually doesn't mean you have an edge there...
    if that would be the case, they obviously wouldn't be the nr.1 because even tossers like yourself could beat them all day long.
    What i didn't say is that i would bet somewhere else on worse odds instead...jesus
    Yes it was a joke based on a literal interpretation of what you said.

Look at the price comparisons for just about any tennis match, particularly at Grand Slams and you will see Pinnacle has the best price or within a cent or two at most for BOTH players!
    And it fact you'll find that with most sports. It's simply because they take less juice than anyone else.

That doesn't mean they can't be beaten. It makes them (apart from the exchanges) the best place to bet and gives you the best chance to win. Simple logic!
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 05-31-11 at 06:23 PM.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I give up on you Hareeba, you are spreading basic things that *everyone* knows as if you'd be the pope.
    Do you ******* think that i don't know they take less juice? Do you really? I think you just need to grow up, forum hero.

jjgold

Pinny leans do not make you a winner at all

Its a high volume low juice shop period, does not mean players are sharp or lines makers are sharp

No one would work just betting Pinny leans if they were so good

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I can't think of a single Aussie book other than TABcorp where you can get set for a good sized wager. The corporates have all imposed severe limits. No doubt that Betfair and Pinnacle are the core books for tennis. Matchbook currently with 0% commission is great but let's see what happens after 9th June.
    I thought Centrebet out of Australia takes massive limits on Tennis?? The Asian books from I can see have way too high juice on tennis
    JJ, Hareeba and I have already had this conversation on the forum. We're talking about 2 different things. Centrebet, Sportingbet and TAB will allow you to put down massive wagers on tennis. However if you consistently do it and win, most likely you'll get limited at some point. Hareeba's already stated that he's never made big wagers at these books (big for him but not what you're talking about). The highest I've gone is around 30k a few times on behalf of others and they've won, were promptly paid and bets accepted afterward.

If you're in doubt, get on Sportingbet live chat. Or call Centrebet (no live chat available). It's office hours right now - they'll tell you. I even asked in live chat for a thread on another forum what their limits were on internet prop betting ie set betting. And I was told if the system accepted it, then the wager stands. I clarified "in your drop down box, $10k is listed, so if I bet that and it's confirmed, there's no problem" and I was told yes. The guy then went on to say that anything larger would probably have to be called in. On props.

jjgold

Well he said Centrebet does not take big wagers

I even thought they did after you said it and I think went to site and it seemed they take big bets unless it was The tabs

Hareeba!

I give up on you Hareeba, you are spreading basic things that *everyone* knows as if you'd be the pope.
    Do you ******* think that i don't know they take less juice? Do you really? I think you just need to grow up, forum hero.
    FFS! that was all about some dumb suggestion that you can't win a Pinnacle

Are you joining the ranks of those who claim that ?

Hareeba!

Well he said Centrebet does not take big wagers

I even thought they did after you said it and I think went to site and it seemed they take big bets unless it was The tabs
    Well I can only speak from my own experience.

Centrebet did once allow me to bet whatever I wanted (prob. about $2500 max) but that all suddenly changed about 3 years ago when they started outright rejecting a lot of my bets and then accepting them up to about $50 max.
    They also denied me access to a new racing product.
    I withdrew my funds and haven't gone back.

Sportingbet were never as good as Shari is talking about. I don't think they ever let me on for more than $1k in tennis. And they too deny me access to some racing product. I now no longer play there either. And now I think Bet$3.65 has bought them? That will be the total end.

I know several other punters who report the same about these two books. No idea how Shari manages to escape the severe limiting.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Well I can only speak from my own experience. Centrebet did once allow me to bet whatever I wanted (prob. about $2500 max) but that all suddenly changed about 3 years ago when they started outright rejecting a lot of my bets and then accepting them up to about $50 max. They also denied me access to a new racing product. I withdrew my funds and haven't gone back. Sportingbet were never as good as Shari is talking about. I don't think they ever let me on for more than $1k in tennis. And they too deny me access to some racing product. I now no longer play there either. And now I think Bet$3.65 has bought them? That will be the total end. I know several other punters who report the same about these two books. No idea how Shari manages to escape the severe limiting.
    Hareeba, I'd assume it's because I'm A. nowhere near as sharp as you and B. my normal wager is $200 these days. I've gone above that maybe 8-10 times in 5 months. Plus I make a lot of silly bets outside of tennis - either tailing people or on AFL props so I'm sure that's helped. Centrebet has limited me on NBA TT's and NCAAB but never on anything else. Actually I'm mistaken - they limited me on NBL for awhile as well but that seems to have been lifted. Sportingbet's never touched my account at all.

donjuan

you're right

it does seem to me that most of the posters here are just penny scraping arbers and bonus whores rather than legitimate sports bettors
    Your inability to understand where others come from is a constant theme in this forum. Instead you take your specific situation and try to apply it to others as the absolute final word on the subject.

First 1234 Last