Ballpark
    Ballpark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

BetED - Possible Good News?

http://www.gambling911.com/gambling-...us-052611.html

"As for BetEd.com customers, they appear to be the biggest losers in all of this, at least for now.
    Eventually they should be able to file claims with the US Attorney’s Office, similar to what happened when a popular payment processor, NETeller, had funds seized by the US Government in 2006. That process took approximately nine months, however."
    - Christopher Costigan, Gambling911.com Publisher

Would this be good for both U.S and European players at BetED who are owed money, or
    just one or the other?

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope for all you guys to receive money

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Not to be Debbie Downer, but the speculation is that BetEd didn't leave the money with the processor but instead is using this excuse to run off with the player's money as a "golden parachute".

In which case the money left at the processor would be a drop in the bucket to the money owed to BetEd's clients.

I hope that everyone gets all their money back but just being upfront.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Here is my concern.... Before money was seized from a processor (Neteller) and now money is essentially seized from the gambling site itself. I realize it technically was seized from a processor but only a handful of sites were involved so the money can be traced directly to the source a lot easier compared to Neteller where essentially everything was frozen.

I hope everyone does get their money back but like cyberinvestor said I find it highly unlikely that the government seized everything BetED had. Clearly they ran a scam promotion offering the 100% bonus just days before the seizure. I would say best advice is just attempt a **********.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The feds really don't seem to be interested in players, at least in a criminal setting. Maybe they send the list over to the IRS for tax evasion.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

I hope everyone gets paid too

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Well we probably will get paid but it can take upto 9months so dont think it will be fast, expect it by next February .

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I hope everything works out.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by cyberinvestor View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but the speculation is that BetEd didn't leave the money with the processor but instead is using this excuse to run off with the player's money as a "golden parachute".

In which case the money left at the processor would be a drop in the bucket to the money owed to BetEd's clients.

I hope that everyone gets all their money back but just being upfront.
    I agree 100%, Beted most likely cut and ran with most of the money which would only leave a percentage of player balances to be claimed. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt the claim that every cent was with a single payment processor and it's all frozen, which means the frozen money won't cover all the money owed to players. Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone eventually gets their money.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Big difference was Neteller was trying to stay in business, which they did. They had no choice but to return funds to players when the accounts were unfrozen.

BetEd has already closed up shop.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

There is literally zero chance that beted players will get paid. The company was not successful enough to even consider resurfacing under a different name. Maybe down the road they will try to sell their clientele list but that is unlikely. Sorry BetEd patrons.

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Unfortunately I think Fallen is correct. We cannot compare Neteller to BetED. We have to compare BetED to BetonSports.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

How would you be able to prove how much you had in your account though...

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Sorry but the US attorneys office is not going to care about money that was seized from players gambling with BetEd.

slash
    slash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11532

Of course noone will be paid from BetED. I wouldn't even pay 1 cent on the dollar.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

aint lookin good miracles do happen

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Site always seemed fishy to me , glad I never played there.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

all a bunch of nonsense

dont believ eit

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

probably never see your $ again. The guy over at Covers says he will ensure everyone gets their money back. Yeah Right.. LOL