Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Matchbook Players, Australian Players

Matchbook currently only accepts the US dollar as default currency. The US dollar is a terrible place to park your bankroll in. Considering that they no longer allow US players there is no reason to have such a weak default currency. I have requested that they consider allowing other currencies and have emailed requesting they add an Australia dollar. The Australian dollar has been strong against the US and Euro. If you are an Australian player I request you take the time to email them and make a similar request. If you are from another country I encourage you to make a request in whatever currency you prefer. Anything is better than the US dollar. They will inevitably lift the debt ceiling and Bernanke will have QE3. I would prefer to do my gambling without being robbed by the US Fed.

ideas@matchbook.com

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Gonzo, chillax, Matchbook mike said he is going to get different currencies soon enough.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I agree this would be a good move by matchbook.

They have lots of things they need to do. I personally am waiting for them to get all of these enhancements done. But more importantly for them to prove over a length of time that the new ownership are running a "safe" place to gamble.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Good idea.

BAUS

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

it is always better to have a book that deals in your own currency , even the smallest exchange is still a part of your winnings gone and we all no how hard those are to get

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Didn´t get this email yesterday?

Dont Forget - Coming Soon

* Brand New VIP Program offering even lower commission rates
    * Multi-currency transactions.
    * New innovative betting features.

So join us at the NEW Matchbook, where you can expect better quality, the best service, and, above all, the best odds in the world.

The Matchbook Team

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Lots of my accounts are in USD
    But my exposure is hedged with CFDs
    The daily interest on the differential actually puts me in front

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You just dominate life don´t you Hareeba! ?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You just dominate life don´t you Hareeba! ?

sounds better than being dominated by life to me

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13444

Good idea. They should offer multiple currencies.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Didn´t get this email yesterday?
    Good news.

I usually don't read spam emails from bookmakers.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Matchbook The US dollar is a terrible place to park your bankroll in.

ideas@matchbook.com
    It's easy enough to hedge as Hareeba has said (in fact if you're that sure of your opinion why not take a view through a position), although personally I don't bother and I deal with 4 different currencies. Today's strong currency is tomorrow's waste paper so choosing a currency as base for your exchange based on what's going up this year is a bit daft. The currency the majority of your customers are most comfortable with is a better choice, and let's be honest - for Matchbook that's still dollars. Personally I'd rather they passed on lower costs as lower commission than introduced new currencies which increases their operating costs.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I would like them to get rid of the commission credit "charge" for Neteller deposits.

brad89
    brad89's Avatar Become A Pro!

I sent them an email in March asking about this, doesn't look good for us.

Thanks for getting back to us. Our plans in the near future are to offer Euro and Pound Sterling and increasingly add more currencies. Australian dollar is not a currency that we will have available in the coming 12 months.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Jontheman View Post
    It's easy enough to hedge as Hareeba has said (in fact if you're that sure of your opinion why not take a view through a position), although personally I don't bother and I deal with 4 different currencies. Today's strong currency is tomorrow's waste paper so choosing a currency as base for your exchange based on what's going up this year is a bit daft. The currency the majority of your customers are most comfortable with is a better choice, and let's be honest - for Matchbook that's still dollars. Personally I'd rather they passed on lower costs as lower commission than introduced new currencies which increases their operating costs.
    I don't want to hedge on a sure thing. To answer your question I have taken a position against the US dollar. I don't agree it is "daft" to want to stay away from the Greenback and Euro. With the debt behind these currencies I don't want a bar of them unless we see a major shit in monetary policy. I still like commodities but if I have to invest in fiat at least the AUD is backed by a giant mining sector.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Jontheman View Post
    Personally I'd rather they passed on lower costs as lower commission than introduced new currencies which increases their operating costs.
    Well if they are only going to offer the Euro and Sterling I would rather the lower commission.

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

euro and sterling is great news, ill be able to save a lot by being able to directly deposit in my currency

Dr.Gonzo

Oh well at least the Euro is better than the USD at this stage.