bettorjon
    bettorjon's Avatar Become A Pro!

what are the differences of pro and rec sb?

also, where do pro sports gamblers play?

like risking $5-10k for a single game that is not a big event? is that possible in any sports book or vegas is just the way to go?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by bettorjon View Post
    also, where do pro sports gamblers play?

like risking $5-10k for a single game that is not a big event? is that possible in any sports book or vegas is just the way to go?
    depends on the sport

if you're talking US pro sports Pinnacle would take that without blinking
    if the liquidity is there of course the exchanges would too

if you're talking soccer, SBO and 188Bet if it's not an obscure league

bettorjon

so pinnacle (US sports), SBO (soccer), and 188bet (soccer) would take that amount without hesitation? for sure?

anyone here who wagered almost the same amount and won then got paid?

so SBO and 188bet are excellent sb. too paid i cant access them

Hareeba!

so pinnacle (US sports), SBO (soccer), and 188bet (soccer) would take that amount without hesitation? for sure?

anyone here who wagered almost the same amount and won then got paid?

so SBO and 188bet are excellent sb. too paid i cant access them
    Getting paid isn't an issue with those books

I've not bet that amount but have withdrawn it from all of them - same day service every time

bettorjon

just another question. so pinnacle wont take that huge of a bet for soccer games?

Hareeba!

just another question. so pinnacle wont take that huge of a bet for soccer games?
    what's with all these questions?

I can't figure you ... a couple days ago you were asking what the MINIMUM bet was at Greek, now you are asking about maximums ?

you can bet up to $10k on 1x2 Fulham v Liverpool and Man City v Spurs right now and same on the totals and $20K on the handicaps at Pinnacle

bettorjon

thanks man.

its part of my system to do martingling thats why im asking for the minimum the last time and the maximum.

i know i know most of you think that its the worst betting strategy.

but as for me, it just work wonders.

thanks for all the help as im about to go for the next level

Hareeba!

thanks man.

its part of my system to do martingling thats why im asking for the minimum the last time and the maximum.

i know i know most of you think that its the worst betting strategy.

but as for me, it just work wonders.

thanks for all the help as im about to go for the next level
    I don't just THINK its the worst betting strategy ... there are thousands of dead gamblers in cemeteries to prove it.

Of course it works ... until the day of reckoning which comes closer every day you do it.

Give the game away immediately until you get yourself sorted out and understand what an idiocy it is.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can also make multiple bets at Pinny, lol trust me (us) you won't have any problems there to get huge amounts down.
    If that's what you really want..

bettorjon

one of these days i'll start a thread to prove to skeptics that martingle does work and bring in tons of cash.

martingle DOESNT WORK with everyone but to some people, me included, who put much work to monitor results and find the best way
    to counter the bookies with the use of this strategy and a systematic approach, M DOES WORK.

i hope that latter statement wont happen to me.

thanks for the advice though

bettorjon

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    You can also make multiple bets at Pinny, lol trust me (us) you won't have any problems there to get huge amounts down.
    If that's what you really want..
    thanks for opening that one up. so i can play as many games in pinnacle as i want to in one day right?

its a good thing that i can bet as much as i want. i need that to chase

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh yes, this is going to end well. For some lucky bookmaker. But gl anyway.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

thanks for opening that one up. so i can play as many games in pinnacle as i want to in one day right? its a good thing that i can bet as much as i want. i need that to chase

Classic statement.

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Pinnacle makes great money off of chasers. I've lost huge amounts chasing before I was finally able to discipline myself. Don't do it. If anything, let me book your chasing system.

Hareeba!

If you are good enough to regularly be betting at odds in excess of true probabilities Martingale may work but it is an absurdly stupid betting strategy when there are far superior ones which don't put your entire bankroll at risk.

In my long experience Martingale players have absolutely no concept of true probability and always think they are going to be the one person for whom it works.

PAPAGUNNZ
    LOU IS A TOOLBAG!!!
    PAPAGUNNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

martingale is really as good as the person who is using it...if your a shittty capper running a low chase then yes your ass is done...if your a decent capper and have a bunch of cash to invest in it...like enough to run something ridiculous like a 15 game chase...odds are you WONT bust outta that, however you need a very wide range of limits to make bets that big...and your gonna wanna throw up when your laying down 5k to win 1 dollar lol...but the real key to being successful on a chase is to have the bankroll to not let the chase end

bettorjon

i dont play 1.10 odds by the way. i always believe that dogs can always beat the favs. so my bankroll wont be in jeopardy. but i dont play dogs all the time by the way. i have an excellent approach. ive been using this betting strategy since 2005 (when i was still betting to unlicensed bookies) and im still up and running up to now.

i welcome anyone who wants to take my chasing system. just make sure that youll gonna pay me if you lose. i dare you. im not being arrogant. i just want to prove that M works to anyone who knows how to use this betting strategy together with an excellent betting system/approach.

who has the balls to take my bets?

by the way, what are the better betting strategies?

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

martingle DOESNT WORK with everyone but to some people, me included, who put much work to monitor results and find the best way
    i like that, so if you and someone else walk up to the counter at the exact same time placing the exact same bets, you could win using a martingale strategy while the other guy can lose

bettorjon

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    i like that, so if you and someone else walk up to the counter at the exact same time placing the exact same bets, you could win using a martingale strategy while the other guy can lose
    huh?

do you know what martingle system is? of course if we bet the same amount on the same exact game, if that wager lose then we lose otherwise we both win.

i really dont understand what youre trying to say

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most people that consider the Martingale system are using a coin toss situation for the wager. I think bettorjon is saying that he makes bets where he has a better than 50/50 chance of winning. Thus, the chances that he will lose the 10 or 15 games in a row is a lot less than if one were doing the Martingale system with coin flips.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Most people that consider the Martingale system are using a coin toss situation for the wager. I think bettorjon is saying that he makes bets where he has a better than 50/50 chance of winning. Thus, the chances that he will lose the 10 or 15 games in a row is a lot less than if one were doing the Martingale system with coin flips.
    It doesn't matter what odds you are taking, if they aren't EV+ the maths will catch up with you sooner or later - it's elementary

And if they are EV+ there are much better staking strategies
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 05-10-11 at 12:54 AM.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Yes the difference between pro and rec is a tricky one. I've often struggled to believe that many books define a pro as anyone who happens to win at their book, whatever method they might use...

bettorjon

you hit my point branch.

again, i have a systemic approach which i use together with martingle. i DONT SOLELY rely on M coz its pure stupidity if i do so.

as long as what i do bring me tons of cash each and every week, then there is no point for me to stop the strategy that ive been using for the past 6 years

Hareeba!

you hit my point branch.

again, i have a systemic approach which i use together with martingle. i DONT SOLELY rely on M coz its pure stupidity if i do so.

as long as what i do bring me tons of cash each and every week, then there is no point for me to stop the strategy that ive been using for the past 6 years
    If your systematic approach is good enough to win without Martingale then you are a fool to use such a high risk staking system. If it doesn't then you're an even bigger fool.

How does it go at level stakes ?

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

i think pinnacle lets you rebet the same game, that is what they say on their website, if you really want to do martingale , then pinnacle is the place for you

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    i think pinnacle lets you rebet the same game, that is what they say on their website, if you really want to do martingale , then pinnacle is the place for you
    Exactly why Pinnacle makes a ton off of chasers.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Let the chasing begin.

bettorjon

i dont need to argue to all skeptics.

GL to all our plays
    let my chasing begin to add more cash. wohooooo

Hareeba!

i dont need to argue to all skeptics.

GL to all our plays
    let my chasing begin to add more cash. wohooooo
    my "scepticism" is based on a massive amount of research into staking systems and case studies of people like you

you didn't answer my question about how your bets go at level stakes ?

bettorjon

my target amount of winning per game that i bet on is 2300 pesos (which is about 50USD). of course i bet different amounts to each of those games since most of the time they have different odds. i play EV+ odds most of the time. the lowest that i would play is 1.80.

the amount of my starting wagered amount is just 0.46% of my bankroll.

Hareeba!

my target amount of winning per game that i bet on is 2300 pesos (which is about 50USD). of course i bet different amounts to each of those games since most of the time they have different odds. i play EV+ odds most of the time. the lowest that i would play is 1.80.

the amount of my starting wagered amount is just 0.46% of my bankroll.
    interesting but not what I've been asking you

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say they are the same for 99% of the players. Maybe not that high a percent of forum user, but I think most people are sub 100 dollar bettors.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

bettorjon -
    I think you might be perceiving +EV to mean "odds better than evens". It doesn't. It means "positive expected value".

bettorjon

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    interesting but not what I've been asking you
    are you asking me if i put the same amount for both teams that are playing? i dont do that kind of a bet.

i only select one side.

please elaborate more if i misunderstood you

bettorjon

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    I would say they are the same for 99% of the players. Maybe not that high a percent of forum user, but I think most people are sub 100 dollar bettors.
    my mentality is, why would i wager $100 or more per game if i can win little by little and martingle from there.

sometime is just have to risk $5 to win $50.

so if that $5 lost, it is easy for me to recover that amount and win my targeted amount on the next game.

why risk $1000 to win $100 if underdogs can win at any given time

12 Last