Pot luck
    Pot luck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Limits and collusion

A few questions regarding betting limits and collusion:

1) I have a limit with a sports book (say Bwin). If I bet the max that I can on Chelsea to beat Manchester United in their upcoming soccer match, can I also bet Manchester in the Asian handicap markets? Or would this be seen as circumventing my limit.

2) I developed a system for placing bets with another person. We currently use my account to place bets. If we were to both place bets on each of our accounts, would this be viewed as collusion?

3) If I release my picks on this forum, or sell them as a service, or tell them to a few friends, and multiple people place the same bets - is this seen as collusion?

I want to avoid getting funds confiscated and am unclear on what is allowed and what is not.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20351

1. No. It is up to them to ensure their software applies appropriate limits.
    2. It could be, if they notice a high correlation of bets from the two of you
    3. Unlikely because a high percentage of them would be smart enough to bet at better books offering better odds and higher limits, but it would certainly increase your chance of being limited.

Pot luck

Thanks. Another question:

Is there a way to go 'under the radar' and not get limited, by betting smaller amounts perhaps, or is the limit at books like Bwin, Bet365 and the other good-for-soccer-betting books inevitable for a winning player?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Pot luck View Post
    Thanks. Another question:

Is there a way to go 'under the radar' and not get limited, by betting smaller amounts perhaps, or is the limit at books like Bwin, Bet365 and the other good-for-soccer-betting books inevitable for a winning player?
    Bet lots of parlays. Increase your volatility until you blast them. You might get tossed later, but you'll be able to extract more overall. They might even keep taking your action after getting hit hard once... parlay players are harder to profile than straight sides players.

Pot luck

Interesting, didn't think of that. Volatility generally scares me.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

So many books out there so why would both of you need to play at the same book? I can understand getting the best odds and all but if both of you are only funded at a handful of books then it is unlikely that you would get the best odds. If you and your friend are funded at lots of books then you would both be able to get pretty much the same odds just by scanning odds comparison sites.

Unless you are betting on obscure markets or raping a bookie that is incredibly slow of course.

Pot luck

Obscure markets early. Few books do them.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

--nevrmind--