WVU
    WVU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

EZ Street VP contest... farce?

new thread, but new info.

OGD selected me to represent their forum in the VP contest in Costa Rica. EasyStreet has since disallowed me to participate. Anyone care to guess why?

WVU

I meet every qualification for going. Here are the posted rules for selecting the 6 participants:

THE CONTESTANTS WILL BE CHOSEN FROM AND BY THE HEAD MODERATORS OF THERX, DONBEST, COVERS, EOG, PEEPSPLACE AND SBR. ONE CONTESTANT/POSTER WILL BE SELECTED FROM EACH SITE.

THE CONTESTANT/POSTER MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 1000 POSTS PRIOR TO MARCH 1ST 2011, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE.

ALL CHOSEN CONTESTANTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN EASY STREET SPORTS ACCOUNT PRIOR TO CONTEST DATE.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

real shocker

what did you expect?

i don't understand why anyone would go and participate in that circus to begin with.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WVU View Post
    I meet every qualification for going. Here are the posted rules for selecting the 6 participants:

THE CONTESTANTS WILL BE CHOSEN FROM AND BY THE HEAD MODERATORS OF THERX, DONBEST, COVERS, EOG, PEEPSPLACE AND SBR. ONE CONTESTANT/POSTER WILL BE SELECTED FROM EACH SITE.

THE CONTESTANT/POSTER MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 1000 POSTS PRIOR TO MARCH 1ST 2011, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE.

ALL CHOSEN CONTESTANTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN EASY STREET SPORTS ACCOUNT PRIOR TO CONTEST DATE.
    Real shocker there. Marvin poked his corrupt little nose on here earlier today so you may want to ask him about this matter...but i agree with Bigdaddy...why would you want to go halfway around the world for this contest anyway. 1/2 of the 6 participants walk away with nothing more that $500. Contest is a waste of time and is run by crooks. Just pass on it WVU.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

OGD selected me to represent their forum in the VP contest in Costa Rica. EasyStreet has since disallowed me to participate. Anyone care to guess why?
    1) you bad mouthed them and their decision on multiple forums.

2) you stated across the street that you were going to give your winnings to cory1111.

Those would be my guesses I am sure that they don't think it would be a fun very weekend if they bring someone down who has clearly implied that he has a distaste foe easystreet and is in cahoots with the player that they believe tried to scam them.

pokerplayer22

So then it sounds like EZstreet LIED YET AGAIN. The contest was not open to just anyone chosen by the forums as EZ stated. It was only open to shills of EZ or to people who suppoerted their robbery of a players funds.

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Even when you win you lose with these dirtbags.

WVU

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

2) you stated across the street that you were going to give your winnings to cory1111.

Those would be my guesses I am sure that they don't think it would be a fun very weekend if they bring someone down who has clearly implied that he has a distaste foe easystreet and is in cahoots with the player that they believe tried to scam them.

WTF? Cahoots with Cory? Where did you get that? Easystreet was welcoming their biggest critics to participate, until it actually became a possibility.

Who cares what i was going to do with the money. That is nobody's business but mine. What is wrong with you Sharpcat? Why are you defending a corrupt book?

I talked to Marvin on the phone. First he said it was his decision. Then when I pressed the issue he changed it to the decision came from above. He claimed that they were afraid I would sabotage (Marvin's word) the contest. I wonder how I would go about that?

First a bot excuse and now a potential saboteur. What else can they come up with?

pokerplayer22

WTF? Cahoots with Cory? Where did you get that? Easystreet was welcoming their biggest critics to participate, until it actually became a possibility.

Who cares what i was going to do with the money. That is nobody's business but mine. What is wrong with you Sharpcat? Why are you defending a corrupt book?

I talked to Marvin on the phone. First he said it was his decision. Then when I pressed the issue he changed it to the decision came from above. He claimed that they were afraid I would sabotage (Marvin's word) the contest. I wonder how I would go about that?

First a bot excuse and now a potential saboteur. What else can they come up with?
    Jesus...what is wrong with these idiots. They cant seem to do one single thing with honesty and integrity. I never thought they could become more laughable than they already are but I think they managed to pull that off.

Its hilarious that they make the claim that anyone is eligible but when a critic of theirs wins a spot, they again get caught in their lies.

Way to go EZstreet!!! Keep up the good work!!!

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    Jesus...what is wrong with these idiots. They cant seem to do one single thing with honesty and integrity. I never thought they could become more laughable than they already are but I think they managed to pull that off.

Its hilarious that they make the claim that anyone is eligible but when a critic of theirs wins a spot, they again get caught in their lies.

Way to go EZstreet!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If you start a new thread on them, there had better be some news that hasn't been put up.

Any post on the old Cory dispute needs to go into the Whitewashing thread.

Any threads about free payouts or bonuses needs to go into promotions.

Any threads about payouts received need to go into the monthly payout threads.

The insults are getting out of hand. If you state something negative about another poster (or even EZStreet or Alex Powers) that you cannot prove, expect to get an infraction.
    Careful PP22 you are pushing the limits of the new rules laid down by Justin7, calling people idiots is insulting and technically (since everybody nitpicks contest rules around here for not being 100% specific) Easystreet never said that they could not deny a poster selected by a moderator so you can not prove that they did not reserve the rights to deny a poster selected by a moderator.

yokspot
    yokspot's Avatar Become A Pro!

That would be the decision to not pay a player because of 'bot use, while providing no evidence?

Why is it unfair to bad mouth an idiotic decision? Do you support their decision?

WVU

really sharpcat? really?

pokerplayer22

Actually sharpcat, you are right. I shouldnt call them idiots because that is just my opinion and Justin did lay some ground rules. And my opinions are definately not proven facts. What I should have said is that EZstreet is a corrupt bunch of crooks which are proven facts (actually proven by Justin). I'll choose my words better next time.

EZMARVIN
    EZMARVIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

easystreet refused WVU after he made the following statement:

posted by WVU on OGD:

EZ will regret having this contest if I have anything to say about it, and I do

EZMARVIN
    EZMARVIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

bad mouth or not he was rejected for the following statement and the following statement only that he made on OGD:

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

actually in a contest there is a contract between the two parties generally. so sharpcat is wrong. potentially a contract exist between EZ and the forums as to the contest assuming all the elements where met making the participate selected a third party beneficiary of the contract. next, we would need to look at missing clauses in a contract or contract ambiguity. these ambiguities would be interpreted in the favor of the party that did not write the contract(contest rules). that would be the forum and through the forum the participant. really though i doubt it would need to go that for because there is no need for ambiguity interpretation since the party is bound by the "four corners" of the contract or the parol evidence rule.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by EZMARVIN View Post
    bad mouth or not he was rejected for the following statement and the following statement only that he made on OGD:

Marvin....Will you take a polygraph to prove that you are telling the truth???

pokerplayer22

And one more question Marvin...what happened to the 46k vp contest. You people claimed that you were going to run a vp contest that could even exceed the 46k you stole from Cory to show that you guys have the 46k...Then you only put up 15k??? Are we to assume that Ezstreet only has 15k???

I'd actually like an honest reply and not some bs about a possible 25k to charity if someone plays perfectly because everyone and their uncle knows this charity thing isnt happening

sharpcat

And one more question Marvin...what happened to the 46k vp contest. You people claimed that you were going to run a vp contest that could even exceed the 46k you stole from Cory to show that you guys have the 46k...Then you only put up 15k??? Are we to assume that Ezstreet only has 15k???

I'd actually like an honest reply and not some bs about a possible 25k to charity if someone plays perfectly because everyone and their uncle knows this charity thing isnt happening
    Honestly if they give out $15k and pay for 6 players to fly down to CR and pay for their rooms you are looking at about $22k+ and if you add in the $25k bonus opportunity to anyone who can play faster than Cory1111 did than the overall package could possibly exceed the $46k.

Why would the charity thing not happen are you implying that nobody could possibly repeat Cory1111's speed of play?

I actually am interested in the results of this since $25K will be enough of an incentive for all 6 players to play as fast as they could it will be a great way to see just how likely it was that Cory1111 played as fast as he did.

pokerplayer22

Honestly if they give out $15k and pay for 6 players to fly down to CR and pay for their rooms you are looking at about $22k+ and if you add in the $25k bonus opportunity to anyone who can play faster than Cory1111 did than the overall package could possibly exceed the $46k.

Why would the charity thing not happen are you implying that nobody could possibly repeat Cory1111's speed of play?

I actually am interested in the results of this since $25K will be enough of an incentive for all 6 players to play as fast as they could it will be a great way to see just how likely it was that Cory1111 played as fast as he did.
    I could be mistaken so dont hold me to this, but isnt the 25k charity deal only if someone plays as fast as Cory and plays flawlessly for the entire time??

runner5k
    runner5k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5589

So then it sounds like EZstreet LIED YET AGAIN. The contest was not open to just anyone chosen by the forums as EZ stated. It was only open to shills of EZ or to people who suppoerted their robbery of a players funds.
    Based on who is probably going to be "selected" for this contest its not going to do anything for EZ streets credibility. If they were really concerned with Customer Service then they get 6 people from the forums who disagreed with their handling of the Cory situation who are respected posters and get them to participate. If everything goes well then they have 6 new customers or at least advocates for their book.
    This continues to be one huge EPIC FAIL!!

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by runner5k View Post
    Based on who is probably going to be "selected" for this contest its not going to do anything for EZ streets credibility. If they were really concerned with Customer Service then they get 6 people from the forums who disagreed with their handling of the Cory situation who are respected posters and get them to participate. If everything goes well then they have 6 new customers or at least advocates for their book.
    This continues to be one huge EPIC FAIL!!
    Exactly correct

Also, there is 0 chance that they give away this 25k to charity...mainly because they dont have it. If they wanted to make it a 46k contest as they originally stated and not lie yet again, then why not just give it to the players who are flying halfway around the world to be there??? This 46k contest to prove that they have the 46k that they stole turned into 15-18k contest which doesnt make the corrupt book in question look very financially stable

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

So i really can't say what a scumbag Ezmarvin aka Alex Powers aka whoever is anymore? That sucks, because they are.

I guess we will just have to wait until they are so deep in debt that they become a deposit only book and then run with everyones money who defended the thieves AND THEN we can call them what they rightfully are! Pure fuking S......

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

What is wrong with you Sharpcat?
    Quite a bit, it appears.
    Last edited by Scooter; 05-03-11 at 08:48 PM.

runner5k
    runner5k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5589

Exactly correct

Also, there is 0 chance that they give away this 25k to charity...mainly because they dont have it. If they wanted to make it a 46k contest as they originally stated and not lie yet again, then why not just give it to the players who are flying halfway around the world to be there??? This 46k contest to prove that they have the 46k that they stole turned into 15-18k contest which doesnt make the corrupt book in question look very financially stable
    I'm honestly not concerned with the charity component. If they even do that it needs to be a contribution to the charity of the winning player choice and in their name.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by runner5k View Post
    I'm honestly not concerned with the charity component. If they even do that it needs to be a contribution to the charity of the winning player choice and in their name.
    You mean donating 25k to the Marvin Powers Foundation would not be sufficient???

sharpcat

If they wanted to make it a 46k contest as they originally stated and not lie yet again, then why not just give it to the players who are flying halfway around the world to be there???
    Last I checked trips to Costa Rica are not free and most people look forward to it, hell I will fly down there in a heart beat for nothing let alone if I am guaranteed to make $500 cash in 2 days (more than 4 times what many make in 2 days after taxes). You act as if it is a burden for someone to go to a tropical country for a chance to win up to $35,000.

pokerplayer22

Last I checked trips to Costa Rica are not free and most people look forward to it, hell I will fly down there in a heart beat for nothing let alone if I am guaranteed to make $500 cash in 2 days (more than 4 times what many make in 2 days after taxes). You act as if it is a burden for someone to go to a tropical country for a chance to win up to $35,000.
    Cmon dude...now your sounding like a total shill. First, you and i both know that they have no intention of giving out that extra 25k. If they wanted to give it out, they would just add it to the 15k going to the players. Trust me, Powers is as far from charitable as they get. 2nd, you're saying you would fly down there for nothing...then you should have volunteered to go play in the contest. Im sure EZ would have let you come for sure knowing they would save a precious couple hundred dollars sicne you'd go down there for nothing.

sharpcat

Cmon dude...now your sounding like a total shill. First, you and i both know that they have no intention of giving out that extra 25k. If they wanted to give it out, they would just add it to the 15k going to the players. Trust me, Powers is as far from charitable as they get. 2nd, you're saying you would fly down there for nothing...then you should have volunteered to go play in the contest. Im sure EZ would have let you come for sure knowing they would save a precious couple hundred dollars sicne you'd go down there for nothing.
    I am pretty sure that they are not holding this contest because they want to give away 46k. The idea of the contest is to allow 6 players the opprotunity to reproduce Cory1111's 17 hpm since Cory1111 did not want to do it. 25k guarantees that these players will be playing their asses off trying to accomplish this.

I don't know first hand that they do not intend to pay the extra 25k and neither do you that is a complete fabrication that you have absolutely no supportive evidence to prove so you need to stop posting negative claims about the book and their financial situation.

If you state something negative about another poster (or even EZStreet or Alex Powers) that you cannot prove, expect to get an infraction

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by EZMARVIN View Post

Maybe he meant that he could easily play fast enough to trigger the $25K charity clause...

pokerplayer22

I am pretty sure that they are not holding this contest because they want to give away 46k. The idea of the contest is to allow 6 players the opprotunity to reproduce Cory1111's 17 hpm since Cory1111 did not want to do it. 25k guarantees that these players will be playing their asses off trying to accomplish this.

I don't know first hand that they do not intend to pay the extra 25k and neither do you that is a complete fabrication that you have absolutely no supportive evidence to prove so you need to stop posting negative claims about the book and their financial situation.

I wonder about this scenario....If one or more than one of the players replicated the 17 hands per minute played by Cory, is EZ going to also pay Cory the 46k they stole from him? That would obviously mean that a human CAN play that fast and since their decision was not even remotely based on his past, its probably safe to assume they are going to pay Cory the money they stole from him and offer him an appology.

KGambler

The idea of the contest is to allow 6 players the opprotunity to reproduce Cory1111's 17 hpm since Cory1111 did not want to do it.
    Shouldn't they be selecting people like WVU then? It sounds like they want to make sure the people they select cannot reproduce Cory's speed of play, which proves nothing.

By the way, I wouldn't really call San Jose a tropical location. If you buy a guidebook on Costa Rica, they might have 5-7 pages out of 300 dedicated to the capital city, which is not considered much of a tourist destination in and of itself. The typical tourist lands there and then heads for the beach or the jungle. If you like drinking, gambling and whoring it is the place to be though. San Jose does not have a tropical climate. It will be hotter and more humid here in the states.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

when can we censor the word ezstreets

fuk them

sharpcat

I wonder about this scenario....If one or more than one of the players replicated the 17 hands per minute played by Cory, is EZ going to also pay Cory the 46k they stole from him? That would obviously mean that a human CAN play that fast and since their decision was not even remotely based on his past, its probably safe to assume they are going to pay Cory the money they stole from him and offer him an appology.
    If somebody were to accomplish this I would agree that easystreet should pay Cory1111.

KGambler

If somebody were to accomplish this I would agree that easystreet should pay Cory1111.
    No wonder they don't want WVU anywhere near this contest.

Are they going to select a bunch of mouth-breathers who don't think so quick?

12 Last