PAPAGUNNZ
    LOU IS A TOOLBAG!!!
    PAPAGUNNZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

bodog check problems

seems bodog has been bouncing quite a few checks as of late..including one that i just depo'd in my account over 10 days ago..now they say they need a copy of the bounced check and a copy of my bank statement to resolve this issue...this issue can take up to several weeks to resolve, is there a better way of cashing bodog checks..does walmart cash these types of check? or does any other check cashing place? id rather let bodog deal with a check casher then have my bank yank my money outta my account outta the blue

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

If a check to you bounces and you have spent the money, you are going to be responsible to pay it back no matter where you get it cashed. As a rule, never cash any check you don't have money in the bank to cover. Always deposit it and wait 2 weeks to a month before you use the money. That's how long it can take to bounce.

This is not good news. I guess maybe the industry is being affected by black Friday somehow.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Its a processor issue not bodg,also it would't take that long.

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bank wires are always a great option. Once the money is in your account it is in your account.

Other option is DON"T PLAY AT BODOG!!!!

Play somewhere that doesn't bounce their checks, No matter who's fault it is. (processor or anybody)

Bodog is a brutal site for bouncing cheques and still having a good rating. They seem to have a problem like this every few months. Sooooo many other great books out there .Don't waste your time with these idiots who want you to jump through hoops when THEY bounce a check.

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13432

Don't see checks as payout option any more for my account.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Don't see checks as payout option any more for my account.
    Interesting. Mine is still there, I just checked because it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bodog went to an alternative payout method for a period of time after all these processor problems.

PAPAGUNNZ
    LOU IS A TOOLBAG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    If a check to you bounces and you have spent the money, you are going to be responsible to pay it back no matter where you get it cashed. As a rule, never cash any check you don't have money in the bank to cover. Always deposit it and wait 2 weeks to a month before you use the money. That's how long it can take to bounce.

This is not good news. I guess maybe the industry is being affected by black Friday somehow.
    i hear what your saying...but i dont see how this would be a big prob if i cashed it at a check cashing place...even if it does bounce i would just have bodog re issue another check and send that to them, i doubt the cops will come knocking on my door because i cashed a rubber check that was written by someone else for a few hundred dollars

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I hope my check i cashed about 10 days ago dont come back!

PAPAGUNNZ
    LOU IS A TOOLBAG!!!

iam leaving this book within the hour...i can get the same lines or better from another site like bookmaker...this is way too much hassle for a cash out, and their lines and services just arent worth it

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I opened an account at Bodog because at the time it was the only one that would take my card and because I no longer had the card I used to deposit at 5dimes and thus couldn't submit a card authorization form. I didn't want to take a chance they'd demand paperwork from a card closed years ago before letting me make any withdrawals. Now I'm trying to save up enough points to earn a cash deposit at a better book and just arbitrage the Bodog money into it.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

I logged into my Bodog account today and saw they no longer offer the DBT option, which lets you deposit and payout money directly using your bank account without any fees. I went to live chat and the person said they disabled that feature for now because of technical problems, I'm guessing black Friday is the reason.

I love the Bodog betting interface, but the super late posting of crappy lines and everything else makes me want to switch, but for now I just don't want to hassle with trying to deposit at another book, and then sending in applications and crap to try and withdrawal. What would be the best 2nd choice? 5Dimes?

PAPAGUNNZ
    LOU IS A TOOLBAG!!!

i joined 5dimes about a year ago with a DC from my bank account..then my account busted out and i didnt play on it for a while..during that period i had gotten a new card from my bank with a different number on it..i just deposited into 5dimes about a week or 2 ago..and i let them know of this, they had no problem and just made me send copies of my card along with ID and a bill addressed to me as proof of ID..yeah you jump through some hoops with them, but overall id say 5dimes is prolly the best option...but the hell with bodog, iam not gonna support a book that iam hardly gonna use that issues me rubber checks, not worth my time!