crinkle
    crinkle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

bookmaker delay

They have me on a 20 second delay? That's a book which allows all players? Basically I'm so annoyed because you can't live wager there with a 20 second delay. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you address it with them?

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

If you win a lot then books will put you on a delay or cut you off. This is why exchanges like Matchbook are so important for winning players. They don't care how much you win you will never get delayed or cut off.

As for Bookmaker specifically I don't know anything about a delay there its never happened to me but I'm as square as the shape.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Dont know never happened to me.

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

Strange. I got put on a delay just today at CRIS. I haven't been betting steam, just early lines and have been hitting at a very high rate since I started playing there again. I don't mind so much as so far every bet I've placed after getting put on the delay has gone through.

crinkle

The delay basically will prevent you from wagering on good in game lines. I plan on addressing the situation with management at bmkr. but I'm not sure I stand a chance to get removed from the delay. It's just a bunch of BS because they're a book which claims to accept all players whether sharp or square. Your money is definately safe at bmkr. which is something which can't be said about a lot of places.

justonetime
    justonetime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4467

What was the last wager you placed before being put on delay?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is rare, but I know of an instance or 2 where it happened. Not the full 20 sec but closer to 10. In fact, because there software is sometimes just not very resposive, the guy wasn't sure he was on a delay for a while. He just took his business elsewhere. Cris is a good book for getting down large wagers, but if you give them 10 secs or more to move a line on you... well u r probably better off to leave.

crinkle

Near impossible to live wager with a 20 second delay. every time the line moves the bet gets rejected. It's just an unfair way of treating customers because they claim to welcome all players whether recreational or not. In other words they really don't welcome all players and they just put you on a delay which is close to the same thing as kicking you out. I've never been put on a delay at any of the other 5 star books.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

I guess you will have to switch to soccer live betting

rick50time
    cubs
    rick50time's Avatar Become A Pro!

they got you covered fa sho

9XL
    9XL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2478

I was also put on bet delay about two months back. I think it's less than 20 seconds, 5-8 seconds seems to be the length of it for me. It stopped me from doing any more live wagering there. Any bet they don't like is rejected and they then move the line. Try to bet it at the new line, delay, and they move it again. You would think that with -115 juice and dime limits they won't be too worried about getting beat on in-game betting. They are supposed to be one of the "Professional" books.

crinkle

My delay is 20 seconds. I've timed it over and over and over. They're not a book which gladly accepts all action. they get away with stating they allow professional players because they don't limit you they just put you on a delay. In my book it's the same as telling you to go away.
    Last edited by crinkle; 04-29-11 at 07:55 PM.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Delay = slow and lazy line managers. Do your job and books won't need a delay.

crinkle

This is what SBR says in their review of Bookmaker.

To say that Bookmaker is a leader in the offshore business is an understatement. This is the place where all lines start. Most books will not even open a betting line until Bookmaker oddsmakers have established the number. The days of watching Las Vegas have long since past. This is a high-volume bookmaker that takes $5,000 bets as routinely as most books take $100 bets. This is where professional players play. In a day where successful players find that their limits are cut for winning too much, players can win without limit at Bookmaker and get paid with a smile into the millions of dollars.

For just about as long as there has been offshore wagering, there has been Bookmaker. This is a very large and established operation that is best suited for the sophisticated player as well as large recreational players who typically wager $500 per event or more.

They're usually not the first book to post numbers on upcoming events, they put sharper players on delays and someone in this thread claims they've actually limited him to a certain amount per game. That doesn't sound like a book which welcomes sharp action.