the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Matchbook Question...

Just started playing there recently, and they are becoming my favorite book (for obvious reasons). For those of you that are still allowed to play there, is it safe to have a large sum of money in this book? All I read on the forums are people from the US that haven't been paid yet...just wondering if the new ownership is stable financially and I can play there without the worry of ever being paid.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you look in the payout reports threads you will see that they have had no problems paying non-US people. Usually they pay to moneybookers and neteller same or next day. They have continued to do so after they closed shop for americans. When I used to play there they were always fast.

My best guess is that you will be fine, but seeing as payouts are free, why not cash out every now and then until they have paid all the american players.

As you probably know they are an exchange so it is not like it is their own money that is at risk, it is the person on the other side of the bet you will be taking money from. Of course they have costs of their own but those should be fairly predictable and no guy is gonna come and hit them for a $500k parlay or anything like that.

We do not really know anything at all about the owners as they have chosen to remain anonymous. It is claimed that they are europeans and that they have plenty of experience. A few people questioned this because there are no traces of anyone working for Matchbook on sites like linkedin or whatever it was, saying that if they were experienced people then they most certainly would have been on or there be traces of them on that or similar sites.

I think they are also aiming to advertise more towards the asian market, and I may have read something about them thinking of moving to a better regulated territory. All of this is just forum rumours though.
    Last edited by Chopsticks; 04-22-11 at 03:33 PM.

the_mathman
    the_mathman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    If you look in the payout reports threads you will see that they have had no problems paying non-US people. Usually they pay to moneybookers and neteller same or next day. They have continued to do so after they closed shop for americans. When I used to play there they were always fast.

My best guess is that you will be fine, but seeing as payouts are free, why not cash out every now and then until they have paid all the american players.

As you probably know they are an exchange so it is not like it is their own money that is at risk, it is the person on the other side of the bet you will be taking money from. Of course they have costs of their own but those should be fairly predictable and no guy is gonna come and hit them for a $500k parlay or anything like that.

We do not really know anything at all about the owners as they have chosen to remain anonymous. It is claimed that they are europeans and that they have plenty of experience. A few people questioned this because there are no traces of anyone working for Matchbook on sites like linkedin or whatever it was, saying that if they were experienced people then they most certainly would have been on or there be traces of them on that or similar sites.

I think they are also aiming to advertise more towards the asian market, and I may have read something about them thinking of moving to a better regulated territory. All of this is just forum rumours though.

Now they are sponsor for this forum.
    Usually SBR is very selective to select their sponsors....

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had 30+ at matchbook last week and I am not scared...
    They pay faster now then before when u use moneybookers and are not as random as before.
    Only thing I don't like is u can only deposit 50K/30days and I am currently at 0$ beacuse I lost everything and can't deposit in 2weeks.......
    but as soon as the 2weeks are up I will deposit my arbmoney again

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post

thanks buddy...awesome post, yea I just wanted some assurance. Hopefully they keep growing and become a top-flight exchange like Betfair because they certainly have the potential to be as good.

the_mathman

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    thanks buddy...awesome post, yea I just wanted some assurance. Hopefully they keep growing and become a top-flight exchange like Betfair because they certainly have the potential to be as good.

I hope too.
    2 good exchange are bettere than one only.
    BUt for an exchange appear to be hard to conquer an enought liquidity...

David
    David's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13360

Your money should be safe at Matchbook.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Does anyone really know? Best estimate is they still owe millions to Americans nearly 2 months after leaving. How solvent will they be if and when they finally pay this? Worse yet, will you trust them if they don't? Only time will tell here. If I was in that boat I'd tread, but lightly until all Americans are paid and some further time passes.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Matchbook

Matchbook paid me well over 6 figures. Presently, I say they are 100% safe.

djtrub
    djtrub's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful with Matchbook, they have yet to pay out all the American players. Terrible terrible communication and they aren't honoring their payment deadlines.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    Matchbook paid me well over 6 figures. Presently, I say they are 100% safe.
    What about the people who are owed over 6 figures who haven't been paid? Granted, it seems odd to pay some but not others. So you may be right. Only time will tell.

the_mathman

what say SBR about this situation?