mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Sportbet Giving Me the Runaround

So a good friend of mine signed up for Sportbet (SBR rated B), and convinced me to take advantage of their 50% signup bonus (7x rollover). I really like the book -- lots of line offerings and props, a lot of gimmicks (like -105 Tuesdays and free 1/2 pt Thursdays, to name a few, however if you use a gimmick, it does not count towards your rollover).

Anyway, my friend by referring me is entitled to a 20% referral. I signed up for $500, so he is entitled to a $100 referral. When I signed up, I gave them his info, and they said once we BOTH complete a 3x rollover, then we can contact them to credit his account with the referral.

So, fast forward to tonight. I contact CS via live chat. He has completed a 7x rollover, and I am at about 5x. Keep in mind that he has never logged on at my house, our houses are 30 miles apart, are we are in fact legitimately following the rules. We are not related in any way, other than friends.

Joyce: Welcome to SportBet Chat assistance, how can I help you?
    mtneer1212: i wanted to check on a referral for my friend
    Joyce: ok, may I have your friend's account number please?
    mtneer1212: SB#####
    Joyce: thanks a lot!
    Joyce: just a moment please
    mtneer1212: sure, no problem
    Joyce: I have just reviewed your ip adresses and the notes on both accounts
    mtneer1212: ok?
    Joyce: since you are related, you will have to send picture id's in order to get advantage of the referrral bonus
    Joyce: just to verify your identities
    mtneer1212: Since we are related? How are we related?
    Joyce: you share the same ip adress, which means you're using the same computer to play
    mtneer1212: That is not possible.
    Joyce: the picture id is a security measurement
    mtneer1212: He lives 30 miles from me and owns his own house. I live in an apartment. How are we playing on the same computer?
    Joyce: there's a note on your account stating that you were already aware of this
    mtneer1212: ?? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    mtneer1212: I'm not trying to be difficult, and I have read all of your rules and regulations regarding rollovers and such. I believe we have both followed all of the requirements in good faith.
    Joyce: well, if you're not using the same computer and are not related, I don't think it would be a problem sending that information
    mtneer1212: It isn't a problem. It is an unneccesary hassle.
    Joyce: I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's part of the referral bonus policies
    mtneer1212: I have been reporting to Sportbook Review about how good of a book you guys have been, with a lot of unique offers and bonuses, and good line offerings.
    mtneer1212: You are now putting me in the unfortunate position of having to report this situation as an unneccesary hassle as well.
    Joyce: we truly appreciate that, so I'd reommend you to contact us tomorrow and ask to speak to a manager about your situation
    mtneer1212: And I hate that, because I have enjoyed my stay at Sportbet
    mtneer1212: And I think you guys have been good until now.
    Joyce: that's why Im asking you if can be kind enough to contact us back tomorrow
    Joyce: there's no manager available at this time
    mtneer1212: Thank you for your time. Have a good night.
    Joyce: thanks a lot! you too!

I understand that people try and create beards on referrals. I understand that there are scams out there. But we are talking about $100 (probably in free play), and I believe they are hoping we will get frustrated by making it as difficult as possible to get the referral, hoping we will give up.

I have posted a lot of positives about them, but i think it is only fair that I post this negative as well.

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Yea, they nickpick with their promotions and rollovers. It was like pulling teeth trying to get their free friday promotion(bet 7 nfl plays and then get a free play), I gave up.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    So a good friend of mine signed up for Sportbet (SBR rated B), and convinced me to take advantage of their 50% signup bonus (7x rollover). I really like the book -- lots of line offerings and props, a lot of gimmicks (like -105 Tuesdays and free 1/2 pt Thursdays, to name a few, however if you use a gimmick, it does not count towards your rollover).

Anyway, my friend by referring me is entitled to a 20% referral. I signed up for $500, so he is entitled to a $100 referral. When I signed up, I gave them his info, and they said once we BOTH complete a 3x rollover, then we can contact them to credit his account with the referral.

So, fast forward to tonight. I contact CS via live chat. He has completed a 7x rollover, and I am at about 5x. Keep in mind that he has never logged on at my house, our houses are 30 miles apart, are we are in fact legitimately following the rules. We are not related in any way, other than friends.

Joyce: Welcome to SportBet Chat assistance, how can I help you?
    mtneer1212: i wanted to check on a referral for my friend
    Joyce: ok, may I have your friend's account number please?
    mtneer1212: SB#####
    Joyce: thanks a lot!
    Joyce: just a moment please
    mtneer1212: sure, no problem
    Joyce: I have just reviewed your ip adresses and the notes on both accounts
    mtneer1212: ok?
    Joyce: since you are related, you will have to send picture id's in order to get advantage of the referrral bonus
    Joyce: just to verify your identities
    mtneer1212: Since we are related? How are we related?
    Joyce: you share the same ip adress, which means you're using the same computer to play
    mtneer1212: That is not possible.
    Joyce: the picture id is a security measurement
    mtneer1212: He lives 30 miles from me and owns his own house. I live in an apartment. How are we playing on the same computer?
    Joyce: there's a note on your account stating that you were already aware of this
    mtneer1212: ?? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    mtneer1212: I'm not trying to be difficult, and I have read all of your rules and regulations regarding rollovers and such. I believe we have both followed all of the requirements in good faith.
    Joyce: well, if you're not using the same computer and are not related, I don't think it would be a problem sending that information
    mtneer1212: It isn't a problem. It is an unneccesary hassle.
    Joyce: I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's part of the referral bonus policies
    mtneer1212: I have been reporting to Sportbook Review about how good of a book you guys have been, with a lot of unique offers and bonuses, and good line offerings.
    mtneer1212: You are now putting me in the unfortunate position of having to report this situation as an unneccesary hassle as well.
    Joyce: we truly appreciate that, so I'd reommend you to contact us tomorrow and ask to speak to a manager about your situation
    mtneer1212: And I hate that, because I have enjoyed my stay at Sportbet
    mtneer1212: And I think you guys have been good until now.
    Joyce: that's why Im asking you if can be kind enough to contact us back tomorrow
    Joyce: there's no manager available at this time
    mtneer1212: Thank you for your time. Have a good night.
    Joyce: thanks a lot! you too!

I understand that people try and create beards on referrals. I understand that there are scams out there. But we are talking about $100 (probably in free play), and I believe they are hoping we will get frustrated by making it as difficult as possible to get the referral, hoping we will give up.

I have posted a lot of positives about them, but i think it is only fair that I post this negative as well.
    why not just send in the picture id. that's pretty standard practice at some point everywhere nowadays.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand that people try and create beards on referrals. I understand that there are scams out there.
    You hit the nail on the head there.

If you are telling the truth then unfortunately your credibility is reduced by the parade of dishonest people who have come before you.

As for the ID being a hassle, I dunno. For me to send my ID somewhere is a lot less hassle than all the time and typing you spent on that Live Chat and then creating this thread. Maybe you feel you're standing up for an important principle but personally I'd just send it.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

why are they saying the guy and his buddy play with the same ip address?

They are flat out lying.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Most books ask for picture id on bonuses if they have any suspicion at all. They get ripped off so much by multi-accounters it's inevitable.

Ultimately giving out the bonus is their choice to make. If you want it, you have to follow their terms.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

You'll have to show ID to cash out anyway.

mtneer1212

I would understand if there was even a hint of impropriety -- but there is nothing. In fact, we've often been on the opposite ends of games.

I just find it ridiculous to have to go and make a photocopy, and fax it, for really no sound reason. I have made several positive comments about Sportbet, so I just want to make this point known for equal time on the negative side.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

This sounds like a mail in rebate.

They are hoping you will not go through with it.

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    why are they saying the guy and his buddy play with the same ip address?

They are flat out lying.
    Correct. First they said we were related, then playing from the same computer. None of which are even remotely true.

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Referral bonuses are not worth the hassle usually. I do not bother with them anymore.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

just send the IDs, what is the problem?

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by pjesnik24 View Post
    just send the IDs, what is the problem?
    I'm going to, because I'm not going to let them discourage me -- but I am saying it isn't in their policy, it isn't neccesary, and frankly, I don't like jumping through hoops when it is not neccesary.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

I'm going to, because I'm not going to let them discourage me -- but I am saying it isn't in their policy, it isn't neccesary, and frankly, I don't like jumping through hoops when it is not neccesary.
    you've jumped through a lot of more hoops live-chatting and bitching about it here. as was said, you were probably going to have to send in the id anyway while withdrawing.