chevy6
    chevy6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

So Full tilt Poker is back...well kind

FTP makes deal with US Attorney's office to regain fulltiltpoker.com. Agreement expressly allows for real money play outside the US..

FTP also states in the press release that it's an important first step towards US players getting $$ back, but still faces legal impediments
    http://twitter.com/#!/ESPN_Poker
    PRESS RELEASE
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...H4&hl=en&pli=1

Last edited by chevy6; 04-20-11 at 10:09 AM.

Harmy G
    cool story bro
    Harmy G's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2262

Nice. Now WSEX has no more excuses to pay as well.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Harmy G View Post
    Nice. Now WSEX has no more excuses to pay as well.
    Lol what. Wsex doesnt have any money.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

I see poker stars as well, probably the best way for players to get there money is for this to happen. The gov is on our side not theres, i dont mind paying online tax on my winnings, this will boast the ecomomy some because so many US players so now u can know when this hits off totally that online poker is regulated and the cheating scandals wont happen like in that scam absolute and Ultimate. By paying tax poker players can now get health and dental insurance.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

yeah i just read the ppa statement, the domain names are back specifically and only to get players their funds out of their accounts. there is also now going to be a 3rd party independent monitor to make sure ps/ft/ub dont skate around the laws again, tho imho i think they will find a way and ppl will slowly and secretly get back to the games

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    yeah i just read the ppa statement, the domain names are back specifically and only to get players their funds out of their accounts. there is also now going to be a 3rd party independent monitor to make sure ps/ft/ub dont skate around the laws again, tho imho i think they will find a way and ppl will slowly and secretly get back to the games
    U know that they will eventually.

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, the justice department got two reactions from the mass public for this action:

#1 people not involved in online poker cared zero/didn't pay attention
    #2 people involved who lost money went bonkers, and congressmen got a zillion calls

Amazing to run a case this massive and get almost no praise from anyone (not counting Party Poker). Not that they deserve any.

If they wanted Stars and Tilt out of US market, they should have made a phone call and it would have been done. Why do you think Pinnacle left ?

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I personally thought the worst about US residents getting their money back in a timely manner. People have to be ecstatic. I would have bet the over on three years if the receiver did not leave the country to get their money.
    Last edited by username474; 04-20-11 at 06:26 PM.

username474

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Well, the justice department got two reactions from the mass public for this action:

#1 people not involved in online poker cared zero/didn't pay attention
    #2 people involved who lost money went bonkers, and congressmen got a zillion calls

Amazing to run a case this massive and get almost no praise from anyone (not counting Party Poker). Not that they deserve any.

If they wanted Stars and Tilt out of US market, they should have made a phone call and it would have been done. Why do you think Pinnacle left ?
    This is the real reason DOJ is playing ball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYiy7L1grVk

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow what a mess.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

wonder why this happened so suddenly.
    ftp was there for a long time, i thought they had some agreement with govrnment to do what they do.

JackHorner
    JackHorner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

I wouldn't be surprised if the agreement includes that the DOJ gets all info on those who cash out over $10k for future audits.

username474

Quote Originally Posted by JackHorner View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the agreement includes that the DOJ gets all info on those who cash out over $10k for future audits.
    I would almost guarantee it. The chance of an aduit is 60% even when filing gambling claims of any kind, this will put you at about 99.9% chance.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Land of the free, home of the ..............

Fill in the blank.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by username474 View Post
    I would almost guarantee it. The chance of an aduit is 60% even when filing gambling claims of any kind, this will put you at about 99.9% chance.
    This such a horribly misguided statement it's laughable.

You think 60% of pro gamblers get audited? And now you think every player cashing out 10K from an online poker site will be audited? Ignoring the manpower that would take, 10K is not a significant amount of money to the IRS.

Just an absurd post.

I strongly urge anyone interested in intelligent, informed opinions on the situation to visit the 2+2 forums where poker pros, PPA members, lawyers, and CPA's post facts, not nonsense.

username474

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    This such a horribly misguided statement it's laughable.

You think 60% of pro gamblers get audited? And now you think every player cashing out 10K from an online poker site will be audited? Ignoring the manpower that would take, 10K is not a significant amount of money to the IRS.

Just an absurd post.

I strongly urge anyone interested in intelligent, informed opinions on the situation to visit the 2+2 forums where poker pros, PPA members, lawyers, and CPA's post facts, not nonsense.
    I actully agree with your post. I was taking pain pills for a tooth extration yesterday. But getting audited is 60/40 when filling as a pro, and more then a few people that only paid tax on what they withdrew, not what they actually netted have a cause to be concerned.

John Dough

I actully agree with your post. I was taking pain pills for a tooth extration yesterday. But getting audited is 60/40 when filling as a pro, and more then a few people that only paid tax on what they withdrew, not what they actually netted have a cause to be concerned.
    I'm not trying to pick a fight (hope the pain pills helped btw, even if they messed with your posting abilities ), but no way do 60% of pro gamblers get audited. How did you come up with that number?

As far as paying taxes on withdrawals and not actual income, that's just dumb, and I agree they should be concerned, but that has nothing to do with Black Friday. Anyone not properly paying taxes should be concerned. As unlikely as audits are, I'd rather not live with the potential for major tax penalties hanging over my head, but to each his own.

The pros I know actually take the time to learn how to properly pay their taxes in addition to hiring a CPA and/or tax attorney.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

getting audited is not 60/40 when you are a "pro". i have no idea what the number is but not even close. maybe the statement can be true if you put in a dollar amount for once income.

"getting audited is 60/40 if you are a pro making over 500,000". but i have no clue what that number is.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BET THE HOOK View Post
    Wow what a mess.
    would be nice to get my money out

John Dough

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    would be nice to get my money out
    I'm confident you (and I) likely will, just have to be patient. A FTP representative who posts at 2+2 said an announcement should be coming next week.

It really shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Pokerstars was WAY more efficient and professional in handling this situation. They've always had far better customer service than FTP.

username474

I said 60% because the fact that I have been aduited 4 out of the last 7 years. I guess I am just special.

John Dough

I said 60% because the fact that I have been aduited 4 out of the last 7 years. I guess I am just special.
    I have no idea what would cause that, maybe you're incredibly successful so it's your income level or you're doing something that raises red flags, but it's safe to say that you are by far the exception. I would lay odds that 60% of pros have never been audited a single time, let alone in any given year.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

too bad they're not paying out anyone, including non US players