bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Betonline is screwing me over.

I'll admit first of all that I am a losing customer at BetOnline. It's something I'd like to change, but so far they've had my number.

Story:
    I'm scanning the MLB lines tonight and like most people have a certain number they would play a team. I'm thinking about getting down on the Diamondbacks, but I don't. (It was at -115 "closing" at betonline.) It's 9:44 EST and suddenly the game comes back on the board (Game start 9:40) so I assume there was some kind of delay or something. I see -110 for ARIZONA so I'm all over that. I hit the game up for my standard unit bet. I think within 30 seconds or so I go to bring up the game so I can track the score. I realize that STL has a man on 2nd or 3rd with 1 out. So I'm thinking WTF? I quickly check back to see if they have the line up and it's gone. I have no idea why this line came back up and went down, and why did it come back at -110??? THIS PRICE HASN'T BEEN AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ALL DAY. Seems pretty fishy to me. I hurry on up and get into the chat as soon as I can...NOBODY has scored yet, but it's obviously a big disadvantage for me. I'm waiting to talk to someone and a run comes in. OK great I'm down 1-0. I start explaining my issue as quickly as possible below.

I'm put on hold for some reason. WHY? No idea since "all online wagers are final"... supposedly. Another run comes across the plate and it is soon 2-0. I'm on hold for a pretty long time and the wait is long. I guess it takes a long time to make sure "all online wagers are final"?

The long chat ensues and by the time it is over it is 4-0 in the 2nd inning. I decide I'm going to report this thing right now because I am very unhappy. I'm about to finish typing this and it is now 8-0.

The transcript below is a must-read.

Hi! Welcome to BetOnline! How can I help you?
    You are not currently in a chat session. For immediate assistance, please initiate a chat.
    You are now chatting with Mike Small
    Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4940746701X. Please record it in case of pending issue.
    Mike Small: Thank you for contacting BetOnline Live Chat Service. How may I assist you today?
    you: Your system messed up. I knew the game was about to start, but it actually started at 9:40EST as advertised
    you: my bet was accepted at 9:44
    you: Bxxxxx is my account
    you: the game had already started. i turned to the game and there were already 2 people on base..and then the bases loaded
    you: I expect the game to go off the board once it actually starts.
    you: And a really good price of -110 came up for the game so i bet on it
    you: Why would the game go off the board and then come back on the board at a great price after teh game had started?
    you: of course the other team was in a great spot when I placed my bet. Now they started the game winning 2-0
    you: it's the only open bet i have on my account 120389507 - 1
    Mike Small: we are looking into this
    you: I know bets are not supposed to be cancelled, but no sane person would place this bet if they knew the game had started and the other team was already in a great position.
    you: It was not up at any other books. Thank you for looking into it.
    Mike Small: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you...
    you: thanks
    Mike Small: Anything else I can assist you with?
    you: ?
    Mike Small: one minute please
    you: ok
    Mike Small: I will be right with you...
    Mike Small: All bets online are final
    you: You had the game up after it started!
    you: And there were 2 men on base
    you: I checked the game immediately after placing my bet
    Mike Small: I am soo sorry but the wager is final
    you: I would like to talk to your manager please.
    Mike Small: I am the supervisor on duty
    Mike Small: the wager is final
    you: So if your software let me place a bet an hour into the game then it would still be final?
    Mike Small: yes Sr.
    you: That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    you: When can I talk to your head manager?
    Mike Small: sorry but if our system takes your wager we would have to honor it
    you: No. If I was placing a wager that was unfair and trying to cheat you then you would cancel my bet.
    you: Yes I asked when your head manager would be in.
    Mike Small: no All wagers online are final
    Mike Small: sorry
    you: No. I am asking when your head manager will be in
    you: That is all I am asking.
    Mike Small: He will be in tomorrow after 9:00 am EST
    Mike Small: My name is Mike the floor supervisor
    Mike Small: and All Wagers been place online are final
    you: Thank you. I am glad he will be in tomorrow. I hope he will be able to help me, otherwise I may report this in the proper channels.
    you: So if your system went haywire and was all messed up and offering lines after the game is over and I bet on a team that already won then "all wagers online are final"?
    Mike Small: Sorry Sr. but all wagers online are final
    you: Nope. Thanks. Goodbye.
    Mike Small: Thank you have a good night

In conclusion I am very disappointed with how betonline has so far handled the situation. I hope Alex or someone will take a more serious look into this and cancel my wager. I wish I could find a time-stamped play-by-play or something to prove that when the bet was placed I was already at a great disadvantage.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Would you have gone to this level of detail if it had been 8-0 in your favor. Probably not.

With that said, They should be able to check the timestamp vs. off time to see if there is a past posting issue here.

bigugly

If it was 8-0 in my favor and they want to give me a free win then I wouldn't care. The point is that I realized immediately after betting that the game had started and I attempted to report it immediately. If the first inning had ended 2-2 I would double check with them to make sure they wouldn't cancel the bet on me if I won, and then I would walk away feeling like I got a fair bet either way the game went.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol. they fuken owned u.

betonline blows.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Was the wagering listed as "live"? If not, you have a valid claim. File a complaint, and I'm confident it will be handled fairly.

bigugly

Thanks, justin7. It was not listed as live. I should probably talk to their head manager tomorrow first. I'm not sure if that is Alex or someone else. I did want to throw this topic out here as soon as I could to get some of this documented ASAP, and also I really needed to vent. I started on making this thread as soon as I got off the chat. I'm glad so far everyone seems to be in agreement with me...it is very encouraging.

Meanwhile... Arizona is only down 12-2.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Call them. Ask for Alex, and tell him I sent you.

If you can't resolve it on the phone, file a complaint or write me. I have worked with Alex before, and he is fair.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

too bad, you should check before placing bets buddy. just my opinion.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i also agree that u should know if and when the game starts. with that in mind, i would bet that if u bet on STL +100 when they were up 2-0 it would have been canceled before the inning was over. good luck

bigugly

I agree. I mean I feel like a total idiot here, but at the same time I saw the price and jumped at it. It's not like they had just left the game up. In that case I would have checked probably. (Betting past post is a bad situation for a bettor.) Since the game was down and came back later it seemed only logical to me that the game hadn't started yet for some reason. I definitely learned a lesson tonight, but I still think the book should make it right. I'm hoping that the situation will be sorted out tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Quote Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
    I agree. I mean I feel like a total idiot here, but at the same time I saw the price and jumped at it. It's not like they had just left the game up. In that case I would have checked probably. (Betting past post is a bad situation for a bettor.) Since the game was down and came back later it seemed only logical to me that the game hadn't started yet for some reason. I definitely learned a lesson tonight, but I still think the book should make it right. I'm hoping that the situation will be sorted out tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
    just out of curiosity, how much was the wager?

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

should be an easy fix, even if Arizona won the game it should be voided. Time stamp will show when you placed the bet. I'm must be paranoid because I've been taking printscreens of betting tickets for years now, you never know when something is going to come up.

I would give it more time before you are "screwed" over, I'm sure they will put it right.

GmCrazy
    GmCrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Was the wagering listed as "live"? If not, you have a valid claim. File a complaint, and I'm confident it will be handled fairly.
    I thought most books (especially 5dimes) blame the player and actually label them "shot takers" if they bet games that the book themselves left up too long. Are you saying we should all bet Betonline's games that they leave up too long for a free shot? I can see players trying to take advantage of this especially with those 1st inning props if they are left up too long. Win and its no problem, lose and just put a complaint in- that the book should of taken that game off the board. This doesn't seem right.

GmCrazy

I know recently TheGreek had left some 2H lines up very late, and all who bet it and won were all paid. I doubt if any of those that lost would of put a complaint in and taken a chance of their account being closed for betting games already started.

GmCrazy

If it was 8-0 in my favor and they want to give me a free win then I wouldn't care. The point is that I realized immediately after betting that the game had started and I attempted to report it immediately. If the first inning had ended 2-2 I would double check with them to make sure they wouldn't cancel the bet on me if I won, and then I would walk away feeling like I got a fair bet either way the game went.
    Its pretty safe to say that if the wager won, not many on this forum would contact Betonline and tell them to cancel that winning wager for past posting. But it is also safe to say that MANY posters WOULD complain if the wager would of won and Betonline canceled the wager.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

you: So if your system went haywire and was all messed up and offering lines after the game is over and I bet on a team that already won then "all wagers online are final"?
    Mike Small: Sorry Sr. but all wagers online are final
    If this reply by Mr. Small is correct Betonline are truly unique, can anyone confirm they would honour whatever mistake they ever make?

Such a policy should be unheard of before.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Books often leave games up past start time ---YOU PICKED A LOSER---get over it.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No doubt Alex will give a fair resolution to this matter. If the player has a history with the book and no notes on the acct of "taking shots" most books will give the benefit of the doubt to the player. As Justin said, the time stamp will tell the story. I had St. Louis ML.

GmCrazy

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    Check this rule out at Betonline (although all books have the same type of rule). If they are not responsible for their HUMAN ERRORS, than who is, the PLAYER??? LOL
    BetOnline cannot be held responsible for any computer, typing or human error when posting odds, lines or point spreads. However, in the case of obvious mechanical, technical or human error in the prices or conditions we publish, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to correct obvious errors and to No-Action your wager.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

You bet on a loser and that should be that.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

Human error phrase is common, it gives books an out for "clearly bad" lines, or in the rare instance of internal fraud (ie someone intentionally post a bad line and tips a player to bet it)

Sucks, but in the end there is no governing agency or group for most us books. SBR is good for these exact situations and with an a book can generally ensure a fair outcome

bigugly

Currently I am waiting for Alex to call me back regarding the issue since he is presently busy.

My slate should be perfectly clean at this book as well as at all others. I have never been a shot taker. I have reported countless "bad lines" to numerous books in recent years. If a line is even questionable I always confirm it is a valid line with customer service reps.

I risked $275 on this wager, though I do not see how this is consequential.

Of course everyone would take a free $250 win. That is besides the point as I reported the situation almost immediately.

If I had known how the game was starting I would have gladly taken the +100 on STL...BUT I NEVER WOULD. I'm not going to take a shot at a book, and I would hope they would assist me and understand my situation when I shoot myself in the foot due to their computer error.

BTW, I had a good experience with their phone customer service rep Brandon.

JustinBieber
    JustinBieber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

It's pretty obvious you arn't a shot taker given the issue. I think it will most likely be graded as a refund when the dust settles.

bigugly

Well I got a call back expecting it to be Alex. For whatever reason Brandon decided to talk to the wagering department and just told me more of the same. He called me expecting me to accept what the wagering department had decided. I had to ask again if I could talk to Alex. I got no guarantee that Alex would call me back today. I'm just going to go ahead and file the complaint now.
    Last edited by bigugly; 04-14-11 at 02:37 PM.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

I think it's your fault for not looking into the information made public before betting. With that said good luck trying to nickel and dime a book you later want to "beat."

mtneer1212

PM BetOnline on here to reach Alex.
    Points Awarded:

bigugly gave mtneer1212 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NotSoBad
    NotSoBad's Avatar Become A Pro!

with so many reputable books out there, why would someone play to a BoS scam related book?

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4411

Is Bigugly an alias for Beantownjim?

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I dont know if you'll get your money back or not. I have bet many games into the start of the game that the book left up. GL

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5527

FWIW BOL customer service has been pretty good the last year.Hopefully everything works out

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heritage did this 2 times 2 me in the ncaa's?? Isnt it your fault if u dont no the score?? If not I want to file a complaint. The one game it was 8-0 and the lady said game was gone!! Then ask me who I wanted i told her she took the bet. The other team was winning 8-0 when I turned the game on 20 secs later. I called back got the line manager told him the game was 8-0 and your clerk ask me who i wanted b4 she took my bet!! He said its mt responsibilty to know whats going on.. I told the rooster sucker at least u know Im honest!! Needless to say I lost that game and it was never listed as live betting and it was for 1080/1000 Justin u got my back??
    Last edited by donkdown; 04-14-11 at 09:34 PM.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL has been very quiet last few months compared to most of 2010...

mtneer1212

let us know how this turns out

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    I agree you loved the Line and the team. Bol left it there for u. You lost and dont deserve your money back.

bigugly

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    I think it's your fault for not looking into the information made public before betting. With that said good luck trying to nickel and dime a book you later want to "beat."
    Excuse me for trying to beat a book. What was I thinking?

12 Last