Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Has anyone been limited/backed off on betting at the Greek?

Has anyone had any experiences at The Greek of having: bet limits reduced; no internet betting, phone bets only; internet bets needing approval/not going thru instantly - or any other limitations?

I've heard of prop bettors being reduced there.
    Anyone experienced this or anything else of this nature?
    Last edited by Scooter; 04-12-11 at 01:10 AM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Has anyone had any experiences at the Greek of having: bet limits reduced; no internet betting, phone bets only; internet bets needing approval/not going thru instantly - or any other limitations?

I've heard of prop bettors bettors being reduced there.
    Anyone experienced this or anything else of this nature?
    not account specific but just disappointing limits on most non US sports, e.g. $300 for most tennis matches

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    not account specific but just disappointing limits on most non US sports, e.g. $300 for most tennis matches
    Yes.

Post -UIGEA, limits for anything other than the major US sports have been cut by as much as 90% - or they've done away with the betting option altogether in some cases.

They may not need to cut the limits of specific accounts, since they've made their limits so low in general.

But was wondering if anyone has experienced a backoff of any sort.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

Not to me personally but I do know of a couple of people who had their account locked and warned that their internet betting privileges would be revoked if they continued to chase steam.

lacoste
    lacoste's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

I was limited to 10$ on tennis 1 month ago, next day i send to them an email to close my account.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by lacoste View Post
    I was limited to 10$ on tennis 1 month ago, next day i send to them an email to close my account.
    wow , you wouldn't think the greek would do something like that , sounds like a euro book tactic

lumpy19
    lumpy19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

I had props cut

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I had parlay and teaser limits cut to $50. When I was betting steam, they did something also. I can't remember if it was closed, or limited to $500. I called and agreed not to bet steam, and they restored the account to its earlier status (but still with $50 parlays/teasers).

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Similar experiences as lumpy and Justin for me. Props and teaser limits were cut, was warned about betting steam online or else I would lose that privilege (agreed and haven't had any issues since), etc.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes