laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

5Dimes: Decline In CS?

I have been doing a bit of reading up on them, and it seems like their payout delays are increasing, and their general CS has been down as of late.

I need a book for BeatThePrick (yeah, I've been dragging my feet), and although they seem to have a good track record, I'm a little hesitant to put my money into someone that seems on the decline.

Also, the ** is to a personal account in Nicaragua....legit? It seems odd, as all of my other books were to companies.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes isn't on the decline, their customer service hasn't always been the most efficient but that has nothing to do with the security of your funds or the benefits of playing there. The payouts are all seamless and fast, and the wagering options are great.

If I were to issue something of a complaint about 5Dimes, it wouldn't be really their customer service it'd be not featuring an easier deposit method, or the extremely low deposit limits for ***************'s and not currently re-certifying accounts for higher limits.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

sending the money to person is totally legit, have been doing for years

that part you will have no problems with ,usually it will be in your account in an hour

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't had one problem with 5Dimes customer service lately sir. Now grant it there will always be bumps in the road when it comes to processing U.S. players monies, but thats to be expect at any book you choose IMO.

In regards to the ** situation you speak of. Certain payment methods had to be changed around lately at many of books, so I wouldn't really worry about where the destination of your funds end up at all. Just as long as it meshes with your account balance and withdraw.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    5Dimes isn't on the decline, their customer service hasn't always been the most efficient but that has nothing to do with the security of your funds or the benefits of playing there. The payouts are all seamless and fast, and the wagering options are great.

If I were to issue something of a complaint about 5Dimes, it wouldn't be really their customer service it'd be not featuring an easier deposit method, or the extremely low deposit limits for ***************'s and not currently re-certifying accounts for higher limits.
    I've read at least two of these delayed payout threads in the last month about 5dimes, one is still up now. I've been with 5 dimes almost 3 years i've encountered this more than once. Good odds and I always get paid just takes an extra day or two. Im happy with them but the delayed payout things IS A PROBLEM. (im still with them to this day)

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

Okay...that makes me feel better. I've been checking out their NFL lines, and they seem pretty good.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I've read at least two of these delayed payout threads in the last month about 5dimes, one is still up now. I've been with 5 dimes almost 3 years i've encountered this more than once. Good odds and I always get paid just takes an extra day or two. Im happy with them but the delayed payout things IS A PROBLEM. (im still with them to this day)
    The only thing I recall offhand is an issue with P2P payouts and receiver names, which was cleared up. I just assume everyone who plays there has checks sent to them, anytime I'd request one Monday AM it'd be at my doorstep most times Wednesday that week.

I just dislike using anything to do with ** or ** more than I need to.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 09-18-08 at 12:29 PM.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    The only thing I recall offhand is an issue with P2P payouts and receiver names, which was cleared up. I just assume everyone who plays there has checks sent to them, anytime I'd request one Monday AM it'd be at my doorstep most times Wednesday that week.

I just dislike using anything to do with ** or ** more than I need to.
    hi , this is a rookie question, can you say why you don't like the ** or ** outsider of the fees isn't it the best way of not having to deal with banks or bounced checks, thanks

Bobby
    Bobby's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a check from them be delayed a few days before being processed but I will tell you one thing, at least once it is processed I don't have any problems. I live in Canada and the checks from 5D's are sent out of Quebec so I have no problems getting it from fedex. On Monday I requested a fedex check from theGreek and still have not received it yet because it's being held by Canadian customs. I got a call from them because they want to know what it is and all this other garbage..all because the check is coming out of Jamaica. I'd rather have it delayed with 5D's processor and have the check come from Quebec than have it sent next day by theGreek and have to deal with Canadian customs to try and get it. I'm pretty fed up with online gambling altogether and plan to take all the money out I have in there. It's the same story, you can find ways to put the money in, you can win your games and everything is fine if you're losing with the books but as soon as you try and cashout it's nothing but problems.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.

After calling to confirm the deposit, it took about 30-45 minutes to post.

The CS person I spoke to said she was suppose to leave 3 minutes before, and that I should double check that my bonus posts because she is telling someone else to do it because she had to go. Uhm.....okay?

To be continued.....

rsigley
    rsigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post
    I have been doing a bit of reading up on them, and it seems like their payout delays are increasing, and their general CS has been down as of late.
    requested payout on monday around noon, got check wednesday morning, cleared my bank today

FadeThePublic
    FadeThePublic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsigley View Post
    requested payout on monday around noon, got check wednesday morning, cleared my bank today
    Was it a canadian check? If so, those take 30-45 days to clear.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    hi , this is a rookie question, can you say why you don't like the ** or ** outsider of the fees isn't it the best way of not having to deal with banks or bounced checks, thanks
    Hey speculator, there's no such thing as a rookie question.

Personally, I'd much rather walk into my bank and deposit a check versus filling out my real name, address, and even having to have my drivers license ID # written down for sending a certain amount of cash to a third world country.

**/** is just so much more invasive than options in the past, or options that may be more scarce now for the American market.

rsigley
    rsigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by FadeThePublic View Post
    yes and i dunno, the funds are available to use from my account

i have BkofAma

FadeThePublic
    FadeThePublic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rsigley View Post
    yes and i dunno, the funds are available to use from my account

i have BkofAma
    Yes, sometimes the funds will be available even before the check clears. It doesn't mean the check has cleared and that it still won't bounce. I waited a month before I even touched the money just to be safe. International checks take between 30-45 to clears at almost any bank I believe

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Quote Originally Posted by FadeThePublic View Post
    Mine was a Canadian check and I had a 10 day hold on it, I think it cleared or they would not let you access the money.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live chat clerks will tell you bs. I asked if SBR would get a kick back from my initial deposit, and was told yes (clerk even checked if I had named SBR as referal). So I deposited more than the minimum requirement. Turns out he didn't know what he was talking about.

Not a serious book in my book, but I bet there a little because I needed a new book for SBR contest. Thought I try out their teasers, because they offer better teaser payouts. Or so it seems on the surface. In reality, their teaser lines can be anything they decide (often no 6 pt or 6.5 pt relation at all to actual lines!). So that's two instances of basically lying in my face. I don't like books that twist the facts, and 5 Dimes seems to have an inclination to do so.