Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Had a tense moment at the supermarket

I went there to send a nickle with moneysomething, since you can't say it here. Gave the girl the form and she went to the computer. She comes back and asks me if I know the person I'm sending it to. I said yes Then she says ok, it's $509.99. I give her the money and she goes back to the computer. Then she says she has to call moneysomething . Then she asks for my ID She took my ID and went to back to the computer. I hear her say on the phone "it must've timed out". So she did it again and it was all set. Nothing worse than going to the store boys.

BOP24
    BOP24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I just hope she didn't take down your I.D. info and send it to homeland security.

Can't even bet in this country without getting hassled

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Just tell them the money is for Bibles for the screaming church of hate and intolerance
    they will never bother you again

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4742

I went to 1 of those places today also. Big line waiting behind me to be served. First she asks loudly do I know the person I'm sending too. Then she asks what country.Casta Rica I have to yell back as everyone looks.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the US was smart they would keep all the money at home.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too bad it is not.

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

I try to make my life easier by having a printout with all the information in big bold letters. Higher chances that they will get the spelling of the name right and the city/country right. Been pretty successful with this. Also don't have to give people listening around any unnecessary information.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Richard View Post
    I went to 1 of those places today also. Big line waiting behind me to be served. First she asks loudly do I know the person I'm sending too. Then she asks what country.Casta Rica I have to yell back as everyone looks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Just got a ******** v**a DC. Can buy them at Western Un. Also fund them there. Also there are machines you can fund the card. There is one at the nearby Best Buy. I like it because there are no people involved. They take it at 5d after get it certified by them (send email to certification at 5dimes dot com w/ copy of card, I.D. and utility bill). Small fees are involved, but well worth it in my opinion.

TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by DEP78 View Post
    Just got a ******** v**a DC. Can buy them at Western Un. Also fund them there. Also there are machines you can fund the card. There is one at the nearby Best Buy. I like it because there are no people involved. They take it at 5d after get it certified by them (send email to certification at 5dimes dot com w/ copy of card, I.D. and utility bill). Small fees are involved, but well worth it in my opinion.
    u just got a what

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4742

Quote Originally Posted by socalaaron View Post
    I try to make my life easier by having a printout with all the information in big bold letters. Higher chances that they will get the spelling of the name right and the city/country right. Been pretty successful with this. Also don't have to give people listening around any unnecessary information.
    Oh believe me I double check everything before handing it to them.I have done quite a few of these over the years. Big bold letters and everything is filled in to make life easier for them but they still gotta ask me stupid questions to verify most times.

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

You don't have to show your ID unless the M G transaction is $900 and up. Wal-Mart clerks are ignorant. Half of them do not know how to do transaction in computer, they make mistakes, mess up. So you have to check that they get all the details right. Funds always payable in USD . Who cares who that person is- they have no business of asking that. She called in cause she messed up and she needed to correct senders name. Every time they make any kind of change after they have printed out the receipt-the system issues a new CN. Be aware of that.

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

i usually use the line, that i had a internship in college, where i worked at a sports camp, and i have kept in contact with them and am sending them a donation because they need new soccer balls. They almost never ask, but when your wiring money to some of these crazy countries, sometimes they ask out of curiosity.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

A year ago I had a clerk deny my moneysomething transaction, she stated she was uncomfortable sending the money.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Never had an issue with xx whether it was sending or receiving. Never got asked questions or anything, just fill out the form and hand them the cash. It's a nice feeling to.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMozart View Post
    You don't have to show your ID unless the M G transaction is $900 and up. Wal-Mart clerks are ignorant. Half of them do not know how to do transaction in computer, they make mistakes, mess up. So you have to check that they get all the details right. Funds always payable in USD . Who cares who that person is- they have no business of asking that. She called in cause she messed up and she needed to correct senders name. Every time they make any kind of change after they have printed out the receipt-the system issues a new CN. Be aware of that.
    CN??..If you're referring to the reference #, then no..The only time a reference # will be changed is when the country or currency is changed not simply for a name change.....

Slim, the clerk just screwed something up and had to cancel your transaction and resend the money, so technically, she had to first issue you a refund, which would require id..nothing to worry about..

SportsMozart

Quote Originally Posted by me-first View Post
    CN??..If you're referring to the reference #, then no..The only time a reference # will be changed is when the country or currency is changed not simply for a name change.....

Slim, the clerk just screwed something up and had to cancel your transaction and resend the money, so technically, she had to first issue you a refund, which would require id..nothing to worry about..

I am referring to a control number. After the receipt is printed clerk can go back and make changes on receivers name , but they can not change senders name - for that they have to call to M G and that takes forever. In both cases system will issue a new CN and they have to basically do the whole thing again

So make sure that names are written and spelled right. M G only has 2 lines for a name . If person has 2 last names they have to write them both - no initials. Clerks in Wal Mart are ordinary girls with $8.00/hour pay. They come and go, so very few are really good at this thing. Better tell them 7 times to get both receivers and senders names right.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yep, they always seem to make mistakes, no matter how many times you tell them....I always ask them to turn their computer screen toward me before they send so I can check for mistakes..

For what it's worth, the control # (M T C N) i used by W U, while M G uses a reference #..No big deal, just pointing out the reason for my last post..
    Last edited by me-first; 04-03-11 at 06:22 AM.

SportsMozart

Quote Originally Posted by me-first View Post
    Yep, they always seem to make mistakes, no matter how many times you tell them....I always ask them to turn their computer screen toward me before they send so I can check for mistakes..

For what it's worth, the control # (M T C N) i used by W U, while M G uses a reference #..No big deal, just pointing out the reason for my last post..

Yes I assumed we were talking about the same thing. You are absolutely correct. Make sure that they have everything printed right and there are no mistakes before they print out the receipt. That is very important.
    I fill out the form + I print receivers name on the paper with computer letters...So even dumb can understand and yet still they screw it up!
    If they screw up it is pain in the ass to fix it. ** has restrictions like you can only send money to Nicaragua once in every 7 days. So if you are trying to fund several books use, M G and W U combined and use different destinations. Sometimes you have to use different senders name. Here is the risk- if clerk fuks up and you have sent your money under the Harvey the Rabbit and transaction is cancelled... your money is gone...

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

The ** form I use has 4 lines for a name: first name, middle name, first last name, second last name. Don't know the forms can be different.

DEP78
    DEP78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by TRE1968 View Post
    u just got a what
    The name was blanked out like they do with (wes tern un ion)

I typed net s pe nd .com

Take out the blanks. As I am reading this right now it is not ****'d out.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Much riskier and more likely to be flagged when sending online with a DC -- take your cash to the store and send -- much less risk of problems.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

I think a lot of the clerks are aware of these lottery scams that are going on. I see them on the news every once in awhile. Someone calls you from Jamaica saying you won the Jamaican lottery. But you need to send money to cover the fees or something and these idiots believe them and send them money.