sweetlady
    sweetlady's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

While I can definitely understand your frustrations, I can't fault the book for imposing the wait at all. Please keep us posted on your situation sir.
    Hi Bigboydan

Thank you for the welcome; it is "Miss" by the way *hence my username"!!

Whilst I can understand the book's stance to an extent, as I stated, it does mean that they are looking after their own interests. Personally, I think that in the circumstances they have a duty to their clients and not to themselves. It is their clients who have lost money to them and cannot access their remaining funds.

If Wauwgaming or their bankers are worried about potential ********** claims, then I submit they should have thought about this before they took deposits and granted bonuses which they must have known they could not honour.

My boyfriend advises me that if this bookmaker had been British, he would have destroyed them, in the legal sense, by now (mind you, had they been British the present situation would not have arisen). They committed theft and fraud; they lied to and deliberately misled existing and new clients.

I think that we should not fail to fault Wauwgaming for the way they have acted and for anything they do subsequently unless they do the only honourable thing which is to pay out all client balances in full. Of course, that is not going to happen. Meanwhile, clients just have to wait and hope they get their funds. I don't suppose a large interest payment will be made by their bankers on top of any funds which are received, will it?

Thanks again for the welcome and taking time to respond; I will let you know what, if anything, happens.

Champi
    Champi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi XXXX,

So far no news.

We don't expect you to forget your remaining balance. We'll inform you as soon as we have any news.

Regards,

Wauw Gaming Support Team
    3 Months later ...

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

to be honest, the fact they are still answering e-mails three months after they closed sounds to me like there is still hope of recovering some funds.

in the case of wauwbet, i really do believe a genuine business failed (because of bad line management most likely) and the people behind this company are still trying to set things straight with their customers. totally different story then betchance for example.

sweetlady
    sweetlady's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

While I can definitely understand your frustrations, I can't fault the book for imposing the wait at all. Please keep us posted on your situation sir.
    I can now update you on my situation and tell you that nothing has happened.

I waited the six months before resubmitting a request for repayment and was advised earlier this month that they were no longer able to repay to debit card. This did not surprise, me. I confess, bogboydan, that I was disappointed that you said you couldn't fault the book for imposing this wait as it sounded to me like you were supporting the book, whereas it was them and not me who was at fault here. I thought at the time that the real reason behind such a wait was that the book were hoping I would forget about the funds I had with them and go away.

Wauwbet then asked me to withdraw by Neteller. I made the request, was given a transaction number, and my balance was reduced accordingly. Did the funds appear? No! Wauwbet then stated that they were having difficulties paying to Neteller. Hmm.

A bank transfer has been suggested; I won't hold my breath.

A book should not be allowed to treat clients in this way; as I say, if they were not Maltese based, then the situation would not be as it is at present.

Champi

Just for reminder!:-5months without getting my money from this Maltese bankrupted bookie...no answers from LGA-Malta and site owners...

headgames
    headgames's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least with the LGA you get consistancy - in its neglect of its duties towards punters playing at books licensed by them. It's a pity proper books like Expekt and Bet24 continue to hold a Maltese licence.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

i have applied there 1 or 2 months before they closed as odds maker and they told me they alredy bought a full package (from a company/other bookmaker) and they just no need new workers. Still keep emails from Lars Bentzon in my mailbox. just wondered who were they paying to, anyone knows ?

Champi

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    i have applied there 1 or 2 months before they closed as odds maker and they told me they alredy bought a full package (from a company/other bookmaker) and they just no need new workers. Still keep emails from Lars Bentzon in my mailbox. just wondered who were they paying to, anyone knows ?
    Lars Bentzon-is this guy is a ''CEO'' of WauwGaming-do you now more details about them?
    I think to subnit complaint to OLAF(European Anti-Fraud Office) and i need more details about this scam

fysikos
    fysikos's Avatar Become A Pro!

Site is down and e-mails cannot be delivered.Money lost...

Champi

Maybe Lars Bentzon-The CEO should be arrested like GoldVictory owner if he is still in Malta...but how to contact to LGA is the general question-They didnt reply to my mails i will donate 50EUR to those who may help me with my complaints against WauwGaming and BetKlass!

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

scam book i heared about them from bettingadvice.com

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

they can still be contacted apparently, which does goes to show they were a badly run shop, but at least run by honest people.. that doesn't guarentee getting paid the remaining funds, but at least it gives some hope the owners themselves feel a moral obligation to pay what they owe (a big difference with a number of other malta shops that went bust)

Here's the message for those who missed it:

Dear Wauw User,

As our servers in Malta have been shut down due to us not being able to
    pay for the continuous hosting of those servers, we’ve set up an
    alternative support mail. This way we’ll still be able to keep you
    informed in relation to the development concerning the remaining player’s
    funds. Also you’ll be able to write with any inquiries you might have.

The alternative mail support: support@wauwgaming.web.surftown.dk

Regards,
    Wauw Gaming Support Team

Champi

Looks like the owner is now im Denmark and still not in the prison...

No news yet - we'll let you know as soon as we news to report.

Regards,

Wauw Gaming Support Team

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I'm bringing this thread back in life after 2 years cause I received this strange e-mail

Dear Wauw User,

We are writing with news regarding the decision on how to distribute the remaining funds of Wauw Gaming amongst our users.

Final Payment
    Some time ago we have succeeded in retrieving our remaining funds held by 3rd parties. We have not been able to agree with the Maltese Lotteries and Gaming Authority on how to distribute these remaining funds amongst our users though, as it is the Authority's conviction that only a 100% refund of users’ balances is acceptable. This is simply not possible, and thus we have decided to distribute all of the remaining funds in the following manner:

All users with a balance of 50€ or more at the day we shut down operations will receive a total of 69,4%, meaning that if you already had 50% of your balance transferred, you will now be able to withdraw another 38,8% of your remaining balance.

We are only able to process withdrawals through bank transfers. In order for us to be able to process such withdrawals please email the following information:

- Your full name
    - Your username at the Wauw Gaming Site
    - Your address
    - The name of your bank
    - The SWIFT code of your bank
    - Your IBAN account number

We kindly ask you to pass this information on to anyone you might know who would qualify for such a transfer. Given the time passed since the offer to withdraw 50% was launched, some of our users might have changed their mail address since then.

We apologize for not being able to refund 100% of your balance. With the payment of 69,4% of balances for users with 50€ or more all Wauw Gaming remaining funds are depleted. Below you’ll find a description of the events that lead to this situation.

What went wrong?
    Wauw Gaming launched in July 2007 with invested capital from shareholders at around 1 million €. From a turnover of zero the company was projected to reach Break Even after app. 1½ years of operation. In early 2008 it became clear that the company would need additional investments to reach Break Even. Thus different efforts to find further shareholders were initiated.

Early August 2008 an agreement was made with a Swedish company listed at the Swedish Stock Exchange. This agreement would certainly ensure Wauw Gaming could reach Break Even through an investment of 1 million €, of which the first 200.000€ was to be paid September 1st 2008. August 1st 2008 Wauw Gaming was able to pay all users balances, and this agreement meant that Wauw Gaming was able to stay in operation. Had no agreement been reached at that point Wauw Gaming would have seized operations and paid all users their full balances.

Regretfully the first installment of the investment due on September 1st never reached Wauw Gaming’s accounts and on September 5th 2008 the CEO of the investing company informed the CEO of Wauw Gaming that they would not honor the agreement to invest. This meant that Wauw Gaming was forced to shut down operations and now would not be able to pay all users balances due to expenses and losses incurred during the month of August. The decision of the investing company not to honor the agreement to invest could very well be subject to legal actions against the investing company, but without any funds left such a case seemed unmanageable. Instead efforts were made to find a new investor while operations were shut down temporarily, but in the midst of an international financial crisis that task turned out to be impossible, and on September 15th 2008 Wauw Gaming had to announce the decision to close down the business.

For a while we were trying to sell assets in order to raise enough funds to be able to pay 100% of user’s balances, but without any success. Thus the situation is, as described above, that we will be able to pay 69,4% to users with a balance of 50€ or more on the day we shut down operations.

For the people behind Wauw Gaming this is definitely not a proud moment. But rest assured that everything possible has been done to try and rectify the situation. No shareholders, board members or employees of Wauw Gaming have received payments related to users’ funds. In fact shareholders lost the amounts invested in full, and all board members and employees have worked months without receiving salary in order to help Wauw Gaming reach Break Even. This is because we all were convinced we had a good and competitive product to offer the gaming market, and that Wauw Gaming would be profitable once the company had reached Break Even.

We apologize for the fact that Wauw Gaming users are not receiving 100% of their balances. With the payment of 69,4% of balances for users with 50€ or more all Wauw Gaming remaining funds are depleted.

Regards,
    Wauw Gaming Support Team

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk about a blast from the past here. When did you receive this email sir?

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I never even heard of this book, was it open to us customers?

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Talk about a blast from the past here. When did you receive this email sir?
    About 3 hours ago

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pouroupoupou View Post
    About 3 hours ago
    Thanks for sharing this info with us all and please keep me posted on this matter because, I've been following this saga for quite a while as you can see by my previous posts about them sir.

Champi

Its true i will receive another 20% of my money +50% before total 70% i receive the same mail.
    We are, quite naturally, receiving a lot of withdrawal requests these days. Your withdrawal request has been registered and all withdrawal requests are processed a.s.a.p. in the order they are received. So please be patient with us and expect processing on average to take at least a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Wauw Gaming Support Team
    If i receive my money than we may talk about new era in LGA-Malta player protection for good.

Champi

Today i receive the FINAL Payment by bank after 4 years-another 20% of my balance total 70%,Lose 30%.

First 12