IowaHawkeyes26
    IowaHawkeyes26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Little Advice on choosing a book

Hey everyone just joined the forums here and am loving it.

Anyway to my question. I've used BODOG for the last few years and now after reading posts on here it appears that I should have done a little more research this year before I reloaded my account.

So I think I"m going to play out my bets for the rest of the day and try and cash out and sit and wait the 60 days they take to deliver.

What book do you think is right for me? I like to make 6 to 10 football picks a week. Not too heavy betting though, any where from 25 to 200 a bet?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and good luck today!

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm assuming you're American.

For that kind of wagering, Americans around here like Bet Jamaica and 5 Dimes.

Matchbook would be another option. It's an exchange. Better lines.

IowaHawkeyes26
    IowaHawkeyes26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah after reading the reviews it looked like Bet Jamaica might be the one.

Yes I'm American.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both 5Dimes and BetJamaica fine selections and you can't go wrong with either one actually IMHOO. So let me break them both down for you in order for you to choose one or the other.

5Dimes is the way to go for baseball if your a recreational player that bets nickels, and haven't had your limits cut. But just watch out for those delays.

They have no outstanding complaints or processing issues levied against them at this time. Not to mention they offer some pretty good payment solutions for U.S. players (Echecks most notably 300 max./14 day hold). Plus they offer one free fedex payout per month that you will usually get within about 3-5 business days.

The bonus they offer for new customers is a 50% free play with a 5x rollover, and 20% reload bonuses.

They use the ASI software (Which is nice IMO), not to mention the fact that [iSBRFORUM]5Dimes[/iSBRFORUM] has a couple of mirror sites, which helps during the down times:

propbet.com
    www2.5dimes.com

The one complaint I do have against them though. I don't like the fact that they always have problems grading their prop bets. They are notorious for mis-grading those thing and their rules for those seem to have a very gray area IMHOO.

BetJamaica, part of the TheGreek family of books and use the ASI software, which I feel is pretty nice overall.

BetJamaica (SBR Rated A+) is more of a recreation book and does offer nice reload bonuses (10 or 20% reup bonuses/$500 max, with a 4x's rollover), however since they are a recreational book they could cut your limits if your chasing steam and or other things of that nature.

Their banking options for U.S. players have actually improved some over the last few months, because they are now offering Echecks (which is very nice feature these days, but info required to be faxed). Not to mention they do free book-to-book transfers ($500 min) with: TheGreek, Legendz, Pinnacle, 5Dimes and BookMaker and soon Wsex (note: Bookmaker will charge you incoming fees).

The payouts are very prompt really for overnight checks (3-5 business days), and the withdraw fees are actually quite reasonable if you exceed the 1 free payout via fedex per calender month (min. $200/$35 flat fee if you exceed the freebie).

Another thing I should make mention of since we have seen some DDos attacks this weekend is that they have a couple of mirror sites for emergency purposes.

BetJamaica:

http://mirror1.betjm.com
    http://mirror2.betjm.com

They also are now offering an online chat service which is always a nice feature

The drawbacks I do have about [iSBRFORUM]BetJamaica[/iSBRFORUM] is they only accept U.S. currencies

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Matchbook is far and away the best offhore book in the WORLD for straight bets..........if your not betting over 4,000 a game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Matchbook is far and away the best offhore book in the WORLD for straight bets..........if your not betting over 4,000 a game.
    I would agree with that statement for the most part if your a U.S. player Fishhead. Although, there are no limits at Matchbook which makes them the best out for straight bettors. However, the best exchange IMO still is BetFair even despite that 20% increase crap.