QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

not guessing...just using reasoning...look at the prices the bot put up vs the scores in the beginning of the 2nd half...he simply forget about the time change...

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    not guessing...just using reasoning...look at the prices the bot put up vs the scores in the beginning of the 2nd half...he simply forget about the time change...
    So the bot found a scores feed that was stupid enough to be one hour behind? Thats pure stupidity.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

The clock explanation is what happened. If You follow close these things happen and same issues go with some other bookies. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

no way betfair is going to cancel/refund those bets

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    no way betfair is going to cancel/refund those bets
    Agree.

This happened with them on a Aussie reality TV show a couple of years ago. One state showed the programme an hour later. Trading went on with people having watched the show live. They cancelled the bets.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

I think that is a disagree. Anyway, did betfair say anything yet on this mess?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by todd73nj View Post
    So the bot found a scores feed that was stupid enough to be one hour behind? Thats pure stupidity.
    Plenty of bots react to price movements without any reference to a score feed.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    I think that is a disagree. Anyway, did betfair say anything yet on this mess?
    Everyone got paid. I know a guy who made $800 - no over turn - no email about it - nothing. Money still in his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Plenty of bots react to price movements without any reference to a score feed.
    Well.. of course.. thats what a bot is. But if you front a bot by 40% it doesnt automatically post a new price 40% different - or you could manipulate every market on an exchange.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    the bot trading the game was 1 hour behind when the uk changed to daylight savings time at 1am...they forget about the time change....
    Still doesn't make sense.
    The delayed feed explanation is more logical IMHO.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109104

I don't think that this bets were offered by a person. Everyone who offers bets at Betfair realizes when his bets get matched immediately. He would have been suspicious. The whole story sounds crazy.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

i'm sure at least some of you remember that remarkable match between two average US tennis players (Levine was one I think) on some average US ATP-tourney that didn't have any live-feed, only live-score. Even though the scorebord said player 1 had already won in straight sets lots of trading was still going on. Made absolutely no sense, until .... it turned out the scoreboard had been reversed all match long and player 2 had in fact won in two.
    People thinking they were on to free money must have lost enormous amounts and BF (rightfully) didn't void.

Really, all you need to do is find a summer job doing the internet live scores on some small tournament somewhere and you're set to make hundreds of thousands.

xasapidis
    xasapidis's Avatar Become A Pro!

one month before i placed 20k on a greek volleyball match with betfair and although the match had ended i could lay the team that won for 1.01-1.04...it was a small profit but smtms it happens with bf

chance

If it is somoeone with a BOT who lost the money they will find it harder to convince Betfair to void bets.

It was not popular decision to void bets at Betfair for the Davydenko tennis match. The employee who made that decision moved on from Betfair not long after that.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by xasapidis View Post
    one month before i placed 20k on a greek volleyball match with betfair and although the match had ended i could lay the team that won for 1.01-1.04...it was a small profit but smtms it happens with bf
    ^^ Sounds like Domer bragging about his futures.

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    If it is somoeone with a BOT who lost the money they will find it harder to convince Betfair to void bets.

It was not popular decision to void bets at Betfair for the Davydenko tennis match. The employee who made that decision moved on from Betfair not long after that.
    Betfair released statements about that if I remember correctly? I dont have an account, so I dont follow it closely. Did they release anything about this? Sounds like you might have an account there

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

People keep talking about Betfair voiding or not like they think it´s a normal case to case procedure to evaluate if it should be done or not. If nothing extreme has happened there´s no way they would even think about it. I mean, how many examples do we have?

Apart from Davydenko I´ve personally experienced it at two basketball games that were played the same day and both started before the Betfair deadline. Meaning that orders that were valid for pre-game circumstances were taken during the game took place. Such an extreme scenario can´t be compared with this one.

In this case Betfair did a poor job since they obviously didn´t monitor when the game ended. But to go from there to blame them for the consequences is just crazy. And to think they´ll void because of this is absurd.

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xasapidis View Post
    20K on volleyball? You may be the greatest degen of all time!

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post
    Hardly, when he already knew the result....

chance

Bets stand at this stage. If they were going to void it would have been done way before now.

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jontheman View Post
    Hardly, when he already knew the result....
    I still think he is ... based on the fact that he knew the result

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Maybe it was the work of a hacker.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

btw i saw also other strange cases where there were offered insane odds on betfair in comparison with other bookmakers. Few examples:
    volleyball game -bet365 offeres 1.16 betfair odds 1,4 with huge volume like 10-20k
    or turkish basket game - pregame odds home team 1.5, inplay odds after 5 mins @ 3 score changes but bets stood.
    i think there were also other such cases in past weeks and months and 1 very logical explanation can be hacked accounts.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMonkey View Post

Or he is just a Domer!

I will try to add Domer to Urban Dictionary. As a liar/bragger regarding financial position!

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    btw i saw also other strange cases where there were offered insane odds on betfair in comparison with other bookmakers. Few examples:
    volleyball game -bet365 offeres 1.16 betfair odds 1,4 with huge volume like 10-20k
    or turkish basket game - pregame odds home team 1.5, inplay odds after 5 mins @ 3 score changes but bets stood.
    i think there were also other such cases in past weeks and months and 1 very logical explanation can be hacked accounts.
    Hacked accounts? You really think if all those accounts were hacked and so much money was improperly changing hands that IP addresses etc wouldnt be traced back?

33therizla
    33therizla's Avatar Become A Pro!

todd73nj is watching from a computer in the united states.

if you are not logged into an account, betfair severely delays the feeds..

its like financial sites that use to delay their stock prices by 20 minutes... only worse.

you are not getting real time quotes from the united states.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by 33therizla View Post
    todd73nj is watching from a computer in the united states.

if you are not logged into an account, betfair severely delays the feeds..

its like financial sites that use to delay their stock prices by 20 minutes... only worse.

you are not getting real time quotes from the united states.
    You are 100% incorrect. I was seeing exactly what the user in my chat room was saying was there.

And not only that, but for the world cup, I was using Betfair as a basis for my prices on other sites, and they basically moved together.

First 12