twister
    twister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which book?

I have a friend from the UK (London to be precise), and he is looking for a bookmaker/exchange to play the American Sports market - particularly NBA.

Let's just say, for example, he can regularly make 40+ units a season on the NBA points spread. Let's say, for arguments sake, that each stake is $5,000; thus giving him seasonal profit of $180,000. He likes to bet as near to game time as possible (within 2-3 minutes of game time), as his capping/picks depend on the [likely] closing points spread.

Is there anywhere he can:

- make $180,000 p/a, season after season, without being kicked off the book, or limited in bet size
    - make $5,000 bets as close to game time as possible, with no restriction on bet size, or the time when he can place a bet
    - actually be paid, with no fuss

All answers would be gratefully appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

twister

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9819

Matchbook

Good luck winning 40 units vs the closing lines.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

As Mr.Frank mentioned above already, Matchbook would be your best out for wagering U.S. sporting events. Another exchange you might want to checkout is Tradesports. The volume isn't as good at Matchbook, however you can find some nice prices there if you shop.

twister
    twister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Matchbook

Good luck winning 40 units vs the closing lines.
    Not as difficult as some think. 3 years running (albeit at much lower stakes, thus far). The closing line, infact, is the single best piece of information in regards to the way my friend caps. It factors in all the information that others have researched, being an efficient market and all, therefore all it leaves you to do is exploit the single variable that no one, including the bookmakers, seem to factor into their lines.

Too much research, and statistic crunching, is next to worthless. A plethora of information, a paucity of assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

As Mr.Frank mentioned above already, Matchbook would be your best out for wagering U.S. sporting events. Another exchange you might want to checkout is Tradesports. The volume isn't as good at Matchbook, however you can find some nice prices there if you shop.
    Thank you for the welcome, and appreciate the tip.

I think I remember having a look at Matchbook earlier this month, for the baseball, and on some games the liquidity (for the +1.5, -1.5) is shockingly low. Only $2,000-3,000 available to lay down.

Is this normal for Matchbook? Also, is it indicitive of the sort of liquidity that would be available for the NBA spreads?

kiwi
    kiwi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    I have a friend from the UK (London to be precise), and he is looking for a bookmaker/exchange to play the American Sports market - particularly NBA.
    Pinnacle should still be the best book for us sports and if he is living in UK he can play there.