TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

4 Cents on the Dollar

I guess it's better than the expected Zero cents on the dollar. Looks like Some Screwed BetOnSports players are about to be paid.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your BetonSports Claim
    It is incumbent upon us to agree the claims of the company’s creditors and accordingly you are invited to login below and confirm your claim.
    Login

Creditor Ref: (Required)
    Email Address: (Required)

Forgot your creditor reference?
    If you have been unable to login and wish to register a claim, please complete the new claim form.

Peter Wastell and Nigel Hamilton-Smith of FRP Advisory have been appointed liquidators of Betonsports (Antigua) Ltd, a subsidiary of BetOnSports PLC.
    Betonsports (Antigua) Ltd is a company registered in Antigua and Barbuda, and was the operating company within the BETonSPORTS group responsible for the individual gaming contracts and betting transactions with the players/customers primarily in the United States of America. Our appointment as Receiver-Managers was made by the Financial Services Regulatory Commission of Antigua and Barbuda ("FSRC"), under the International Business Corporations Act in that jurisdiction.
    Betonsports (Antigua) Ltd T/a BetonSports – in Liquidation a company registered in Antigua & Barbuda

News

18 March 2011
    Further to our last reports to creditors we write to provide a further UPDATE with regard to Liquidation matters. This report is to be read in the context of those previous reports.
    Assets
    In our last report we advised that we had been able to reconstruct sufficient company records to instruct lawyers to commence recovery of a CC payment processor debt. After lengthy negotiations a settlement of $900,000 was agreed and has been received.
    In respect of the U.S debtor despite receiving full judgment it was not possible to realize any funds due to the lack of traceable assets.
    Gary Kaplan Forfeiture
    Our Petition for Remission to the Attorney General in the U.S.A for a claim to the seized funds of Gary Kaplan of over $40 million has been denied.
    Distribution
    We are now taking steps to conclude the liquidation and issue a first and final dividend to creditors, which we anticipate being made no later than 30 June 2011.
    Based on claims received to date we estimate that a distribution will be made to creditors of circa 4 cents to the dollar.
    We have had difficulty in identifying a financial institution that will allow us to distribute gaming funds due to gaming restrictions imposed by the U.S.A government. We approached several Banks in Antigua who advised that they were unable to assist. The UK banks, although not subject to these gaming restrictions, would have levied a charge in excess of $20 to each customer to clear checks through the UK clearing system. We are currently in dialogue with a financial institution in Missouri in the U.S.A who have indicated they will be able to process the distribution as we have clearance from the local Department of Justice in Missouri.
    However the mailing and banking costs associated with issuing a distribution to over 6000 creditors makes it uneconomic to issue checks for under $5. We are therefore seeking court approval that a distribution cannot be made in respect of claims that result in a distribution of less than $5. This is likely to affect claims of $100 and under.
    General
    We now have an agreed schedule and timeline with the High Court in Antigua to deal with remaining liquidation matters, including the quantum of liquidation costs for the recovery of assets and the extensive investigations carried out. BetonSports generated over $1.1billion of gaming turnover per annum in various jurisdictions around the world. Unwinding the affairs of such a company has been a highly complex exercise.
    In view of the fact that there are many thousands of individual creditors, it was not cost effective to pay interim distributions to creditors. However as stated above we now estimate that we should be in a position to distribute funds by the end of June 2011.
    Please therefore login into your claim and ensure we have the correct mailing address for you.
    Yours sincerely
    Joint Liquidators
    For and on behalf of BetonSports (Antigua) Limited -In Liquidation

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

4% is a slap in the face. They just tore off a band aid and pored acid on an old wound.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Anyone who hadn't already written off their balance was deluding themselves.

Sure, 4% is silly, and I didn't have much there when they went under, but if I actually receive a small check, I'll consider it found money and blow it on a dinner out or something.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously....

some money is better then no money.... If I had money at BOS, I would be pleasently surprised to even recieve a dollar.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i got it to. i am owed 300 dollars i think. i like how they say if its less then 5 bucks you wont get anything due to expensive mail. I think the lawyers in this racked in millions. hehe crazy

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    yeah i got it to. i am owed 300 dollars i think. i like how they say if its less then 5 bucks you wont get anything due to expensive mail. I think the lawyers in this racked in millions. hehe crazy
    i also have around $300. and of course only the lawyers make out. and the us gov.

cc440unn
    191-217-8 +54.40u
    cc440unn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look like a really big joke 4%

they give you 12$ on your 300$....Loll

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Not quite as good as the 25c on the dollar Matchbook stiffed their biggest winner for.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

50 cents

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10527

Wasted enough time with these idiots before.Just consider it a costly lesson learned and it definatly tought me to do due dilligence ever since.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    Wasted enough time with these idiots before.Just consider it a costly lesson learned and it definatly tought me to do due dilligence ever since.
    Yeah, it's best to stick with highly rated books such as Cascade, Jazz, WSEX and Phoenix.

(That's more of a shot at the general f*cked-up nature of this industry rather than SBR's ratings.)