nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

question on betting totals

Is there anyway to bet these profitably...I have been getting destroyed of late by totals...today I bet the over on the accrington crewe game ov 2.5 goals..this it ended 0-0..getting really pissed....anybody having success betting totals...

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total is just a gamble most of the times IMO, unless it's Blackpool home games.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

yeah, im getting down trying to pick totals

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Start looking into unders more. Overs are the most popular and books try their best to sell it.

In general you need to know your matches much better before you bet a total because they are generally coin flips since you can have dozens of chances in a game without any goals.

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totals in soccer are very difficult to guess, but most games go under it seems

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you make a big play on an over, hedge with a small play on the draw in case of 0-0 or 1-1

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    If you make a big play on an over, hedge with a small play on the draw in case of 0-0 or 1-1
    That doesn't cover 1-0, 0-1, 2-0, 0-2, so it's not really hedging but more of an opposite bet with risk.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

In the later stages of the leagues we're approaching now there are several things to consider when playing totals:

- Top teams will start to work on their goal balance in the leagues where it can be a deciding factor
    - There will be more and more fixed draws when both teams need points desperately, usually these will go under (0-0 or 1-1)
    - When both teams have nothing left to play for, expect them to try and entertain the audience

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I rarely touch these... an early red card/dodgy penalty etc can really hurt an unders bet. I prefer the straightforwa 1X2 betting

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm on the other side as you guys. I prefer to only play overs and look for the value in certain leagues. You can find a lot of good overs that are priced EV or better, which is going away from the chalk and usually against the public.

nyplayer...I was on the Crewe over too, yesterday. It happens, scoreless games just happen soccer. I love how people say "you can't win betting overs" and no one is around when the O2.5 play scores 5 goals.

AbleFollow
    AbleFollow's Avatar Become A Pro!

it really sometimes sucks.

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just for the record the (Premier, La liga, Bundesliga, Primera, and Serie A) go over more than under.