The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

UEFA Champions League and Europa League Picks?

so the DRAWs are...

Champions League

1) Inter vs Schalke

2) Chelsea vs MNU

3) Barcelona vs Shakhtar

4) Real vs Tottenham

Europa League

1) Braga vs Kiev

2) Benfica vs PSV

3) Villarreal vs Twente

4) Porto vs Spartak

- WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR THESE COMPETITIONS?

The Special One

my predictions:

Champions League

1) Inter vs Schalke INTER

2) Chelsea vs MNU MNU (heart says MNU, head says Chelsea)

3) Barcelona vs Shakhtar BARCELONA

4) Real vs Tottenham REAL

Europa League

1) Braga vs Kiev KIEV

2) Benfica vs PSV BENFICA

3) Villarreal vs Twente VILLARREAL

4) Porto vs Spartak PORTO

next round CL:

1) Inter vs MNU MNU

2) Real vs Barcelona BARCELONA

-------------
    final: Barcelona vs MNU Barcelona

next round EL:

1) Kiev vs Benfica Kiev (upset)

2) Villarreal vs Porto Porto (very difficult match-up, is CL material)

------------- final: Kiev vs Porto Porto

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

i dissagree with u on these
    Spartak over Porto
    Chelsea over MNU
    the CL final Barcelona vs Chelsea

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Madrid at home should be a They need to take advantage on first leg or they'll suffer in England!

Man U IMO will beat Chelsea.

Barca will advance IMO.

Inter should go through especially with all the things going on Schalke!

Champions League

1) Inter vs Schalke. Inter

2) Chelsea vs MNU. MNU

3) Barcelona vs Shakhtar. Farca

4) Real vs Tottenham. Real Madrid

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I pretty much don't give a f*k about EL!

But

Europa League

1) Braga vs Kiev. Kiev

2) Benfica vs PSV. Benfica

3) Villarreal vs Twente. Villareal

4) Porto vs Spartak. Spartak ( I want a surprise here even if Porto are favorites)

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post
    i dissagree with u on these Spartak over Porto Chelsea over MNU the CL final Barcelona vs Chelsea
    ok forget about MNU, i am biased...

but Spartak? have you watched Porto play? they are CL material - very good team, rightfully favorites... and unlike Porto, Spartak will actually have IMPORTANT domestic games as Porto is basically a lock for first...

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

The only interesting tie is United Chelsea. If the others don't pan out how they should then it will be a shock and a big chance missed by all 3.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

United/Chelsea not much separating these two...could go down to penalties. The good thing for United is they get the away leg first and Luiz is cup-tied. For both clubs, not much travelling required and with the international break upon us some injured players will have time to recoup.

I don't think any team really wanted Shakhtar. No one wants to make that gruelling trip (in the 2nd leg) to the Ukraine. They are immense at home. If Shakhtar can get any kind of result at the Nou Camp or even 1-0 or 2-1 loss, they could have a chance. Barca's away form in CL hasn't been the greatest. That being said, they probably shade it and go through but I don't think it will be as easy as some may think.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    United/Chelsea not much separating these two...could go down to penalties. The good thing for United is they get the away leg first and Luiz is cup-tied. For both clubs, not much travelling required and with the international break upon us some injured players will have time to recoup. I don't think any team really wanted Shakhtar. No one wants to make that gruelling trip (in the 2nd leg) to the Ukraine. They are immense at home. If Shakhtar can get any kind of result at the Nou Camp or even 1-0 or 2-1 loss, they could have a chance. Barca's away form in CL hasn't been the greatest. That being said, they probably shade it and go through but I don't think it will be as easy as some may think.
    thats a big IF... IMO, Shakhtar will lose by 3-4, not just because Barcelona is good but because Shakhtar isnt THAT good... at home, they might get a DRAW.

for MNU/Chelsea, if could go down to penalties but this one REALLY depends on the injury list at that time - if MNU have all of their attackers and Vidic is back, I wouldnt suggest picking Chelsea...

alon7777777

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    ok forget about MNU, i am biased... but Spartak? have you watched Porto play? they are CL material - very good team, rightfully favorites... and unlike Porto, Spartak will actually have IMPORTANT domestic games as Porto is basically a lock for first...
    Porto is the strongest team in EL but there must be a surprise and maybe because they a lock for championship in Portugal their intencity will drop

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post
    Porto is the strongest team in EL but there must be a surprise and maybe because they a lock for championship in Portugal their intencity will drop
    BUT thats the other way AROUND!! they will devote MORE effort for the EL because they really have nothing else to do.

alon7777777

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    BUT thats the other way AROUND!! they will devote MORE effort for the EL because they really have nothing else to do.
    its hard to get back on a roll and play your hardest after u drop it and to play that good all season is unreal

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Sooo unlucky for Shakhtar could have had Shalke or Inter but landed Barca.

I dont think anything is an upset in EL at this point, all 8 teams are pretty even.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Champions League

1) Inter vs Schalke

2) Chelsea vs MNU

3) Barcelona vs Shakhtar

4) Real vs Tottenham

Europa League

1) Braga vs Kiev

2) Benfica vs PSV

3) Villarreal vs Twente

4) Porto vs Spartak

Villarreal, Porto, Madrid and Barca the top 2 from each tournament and 2 of them will be winners.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Champions League 1) Inter vs Schalke 2) Chelsea vs MNU 3) Barcelona vs Shakhtar 4) Real vs Tottenham Europa League 1) Braga vs Kiev 2) Benfica vs PSV 3) Villarreal vs Twente 4) Porto vs Spartak Villarreal, Porto, Madrid and Barca the top 2 from each tournament and 2 of them will be winners.
    agreed.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would love shaktar to beat barca and knock em out. Shaktar at home have been great so you never know.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

It will be the usual suspects landing in the semis.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post
    i would love shaktar to beat barca and knock em out. Shaktar at home have been great so you never know.
    I know, believe me. Shakhtar is one of my favorite teams, most of you guys probably just heard of them this year, or at least started paying attention this year. I know the team inside and out.

Even taking into consideration that Rubin (and later Inter) showed a blueprint to how to beat Barca and that great defense CAN stop them, also considering that Shakhtar played them very well in the past, especially shutting them down in the supercup a few years back. Also contrary to what the Brit commentators are saying, Shakhtar is not an all out attacking team. Their strong point is attack, and they have that brazilian gimmick going for them but they are only an all out attacking team in domestic league or when facing weaker competition. Mircea Lucescu is a very versatile coach and some of the better games Shakhtar has played against top competition they played a defensive counter attack style.

But with that said....they have no chance. I just dont see it. Nope, no way.