The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

-- Roma ML 3.6* @ Shakhtar --

I like Roma to avenge their 2-3 home loss from the first leg, but I still think Shakhtar will go through to the next round...

look for Roma and their NEW coach to come out strong and possibly win this game - its obviously a MUST win because of the aggregate situation and they will need to score ASAP...

however, Shakhtar will play in front of a strong crowd and will desperately try to defend their aggregate lead...

my prediction: FT 1-2 Roma

my pick: Roma ML @ 3.6 [1x]

good luck

TheMoneyTree
    TheMoneyTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can understand your logic here but i'd want much better odds than 3.6 on AS Roma here considering Shakhtar Donetsk have won all previous 3 Champions League Home games this season including against Arsenal who are a far superior team to AS Roma and the fact they are unbeaten in their last 11 Home Champions League games.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Good pick to my mind. I can see very open game and would even predict over 4,5 goals in this game with Roma to advance next round (little wishful thinking in the last one as well .

Donīt know which books You use but currently Roma ML is offered @ 4+ odds lot of bookies including Pinny, so stakes can be very big if needed.

Anyway good luck with Your pick.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTree View Post
    I can understand your logic here but i'd want much better odds than 3.6 on AS Roma here considering Shakhtar Donetsk have won all previous 3 Champions League Home games this season including against Arsenal who are a far superior team to AS Roma and the fact they are unbeaten in their last 11 Home Champions League games.
    What do you mean better odds, like how much? I doubt books are stupid enough to give us better than 4.00 on Roma in this spot. Shaktar can lose this game 1-0 and still go through.

Best thing you can do is wait live and hope Shaktar score first.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    Good pick to my mind. I can see very open game and would even predict over 4,5 goals in this game with Roma to advance next round (little wishful thinking in the last one as well . Donīt know which books You use but currently Roma ML is offered @ 4+ odds lot of bookies including Pinny, so stakes can be very big if needed. Anyway good luck with Your pick.
    thanks...

and I am using Bwin, and the odd there is around 3.6.

The Special One

I am honestly surprised that the odd is ALREADY so high - in my experience, I have seen Roma win a ton of games away and quite easily too (ex. Basel)... I would have made the odd at around 3.0 TBH.

protein

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    What do you mean better odds, like how much? I doubt books are stupid enough to give us better than 4.00 on Roma in this spot. Shaktar can lose this game 1-0 and still go through.

Best thing you can do is wait live and hope Shaktar score first.
    With all the respect JOHON, Roma ML is 4.16 at Pinnys (max bet now 7k eur available), BF 4.3 and some other books as well offering 4+ odds.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The only thing I'm worried about is that Menez is suspended for Roma. They really needed him here...

protein

I may have little too much emotion on the Roma game and Roma to advance but I honestly believe theyīll pull it trough this time.

The Special One

The only thing I'm worried about is that Menez is suspended for Roma. They really needed him here...
    youre right, but I dont think this game will come down to the specific players, more so how the coaches organize the players that they have available... I think Roma will come with a typical dirty Italian strategy and for this, any player can fit (especially Italian)

TheMoneyTree

What do you mean better odds, like how much? I doubt books are stupid enough to give us better than 4.00 on Roma in this spot. Shaktar can lose this game 1-0 and still go through. Best thing you can do is wait live and hope Shaktar score first.
    Just had a quick look and the AS Roma @ 4.33 at BetFred is more of the sort of price i'd have been looking for, Shaktar Donetsk are no mugs and if AS Roma are going in with an attacking mindset i'd expect expecting SD to be more than capable of exploiting them on the counter.

AbleFollow
    AbleFollow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be for Shakhtar to go further. Match is actually for watching not betting

iMpega
    iMpega's Avatar Become A Pro!

When Roma starts to play some defens, then maybe we can speak about a win. Until then, I wont put a penny on them.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

AS Roma's odd is quite high for a must-win team... I still remenber As Roma winning their first half and ending their game as a draw... I think it'd be interesting to bet on Roma 1st half... how about ROMA HT/ DRAW FT ?? Roma sounds better in 1st half IMO but I don't know if I'll have the guts to take them 1st half...

The Special One

dont take Roma HT/ draw FT - if they will be winning by HT, they will put out the dirty Italian strategy and simply run at EACH player... but at HT, they should be winning, ONLY SHOULD...

I am taking them FT and I actually think this is more reliable as they will push MAX effort in the last minutes if the game is a DRAW...

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

greedy muuhfukkas

ROMA +0.5 @2.00 seems tasty enough.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    greedy muuhfukkas ROMA +0.5 @2.00 seems tasty enough.
    go for it, good luck

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

greedy muuhfukkas

He has a point! if u wanna take Roma take +0.5!

I can't see Ukrainian boys losing at home! They'll get in worst case scenario a draw IMO!

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    He has a point! if u wanna take Roma take +0.5! I can't see Ukrainian boys losing at home! They'll get in worst case scenario a draw IMO!
    im going to take the DNB in my other thread, dont want to lose unecessarily...

protein

greedy muuhfukkas

I must disagree. It would be nice value to bet if the First Leg had ended draw or Roma loosing 0-1. Instead we have situation where Roma HAS to score at least 2 goals to have a chance to advance. I believe it will be either very open game or Shakhtar defending and Roma pressing (second option not very likely since there is much Gattuso factor in Shakhtar).

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    With all the respect JOHON, Roma ML is 4.16 at Pinnys (max bet now 7k eur available), BF 4.3 and some other books as well offering 4+ odds.
    4.30 now

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shakhtar have not lost a single match at home since moving to the new stadium 2 years ago. I doubt roma will be the team to end the unbeaten home streak.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

best Roma can hope for is a draw

i'm on the under 2.5 myself. GL whatever you play!

TheMoneyTree

Quote Originally Posted by donsirlisir View Post
    Shakhtar have not lost a single match at home since moving to the new stadium 2 years ago. I doubt roma will be the team to end the unbeaten home streak.
    Exactly my thinking sir, What a stadium Donbass Arena is aswell, I'd love to go there.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO Menez is the most talented and best offensive player Roma has, only problem is that he is very uneven. Together Vucinic, Borriello and Menez form a deadly offense and without Menez Roma will undoubtedly be weaker. But one important thing to remember is that Pizzaro is back from injury and he is usually the player who dictates the offense. Menez sort of took over that role to a higher degree when Pizzaro was gone. My point is that the loss of Menez is of less importance now when Pizzaro is back then if he still was injured. But of course it's still a heavy loss.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would be quite the feat if Roma won. Hard to bet against a 30-something odd match unbeaten streak at home.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Would be quite the feat if Roma won. Hard to bet against a 30-something odd match unbeaten streak at home.
    ... ill be nervous for 90 minutes of this game.

VLR100
    VLR100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 985

Why no respect for Shakhtar, like ever? They've never lost a match at their new stadium (and will be playing to defend this record) and finished top of their champions league group. Plus, Roma have been playing awfully lately. I would love to back Shakhtar if they had to win the match at -0.5 but the odds preclude me from taking them +0. Anyway good luck with your plays my friends!

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by VLR100 View Post
    Why no respect for Shakhtar, like ever? They've never lost a match at their new stadium (and will be playing to defend this record) and finished top of their champions league group. Plus, Roma have been playing awfully lately. I would love to back Shakhtar if they had to win the match at -0.5 but the odds preclude me from taking them +0. Anyway good luck with your plays my friends!
    well I liked Shakhtar in the first leg, but not now mostly because of their 2-3 lead... they can lose by 1 today and still advance.

Brazilian soccer
    Brazilian soccer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with your pick.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17306

Shakhtar have impressed. Roma have not and I do not fancy them to reverse the outcome away from home.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Roma +1 -160

protein

1-0

protein

Borriello missed penalty. unbelievable.