Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Messi never scored a goal in England

According to some stats, Messi never scored a goal in England, so it would be great for Arsenal if Messi couldn't score a goal against them tonight. An Arsenal PK would be great, I can't see Arsenal winning at Camp Nou... Tonight is their only chance to go to the next stage.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, he has to start sometime?

On Pedro AGS myself.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

I like arsenal PK as well

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

What does it matter? If Messi doesn't care Pedro or Villa will. There are more players in a team. Barca won't lose. If Arsenal attacks Barca will get enough space to kill them. If Arsenal defends, which they can't, barca kills them also.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I would never bet on a match counting on Messi not to score. That is not a wise wager. Messi is an unbelievable player with more talent than any 2 Arsenal defenders could dream about. I would not advise anyone to pick against Barcelona. If you must bet on this game I suggest you take the over or Barcelona to win.

RbN

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I would never bet on a match counting on Messi not to score. That is not a wise wager. Messi is an unbelievable player with more talent than any 2 Arsenal defenders could dream about. I would not advise anyone to pick against Barcelona. If you must bet on this game I suggest you take the over or Barcelona to win.
    Why should a Arsenal defender dream about the talent of Messi? Arsenal defenders are much more talented then Messi in the defensive part of the game. Two things which you simply can't compare. I would say Pique has more talent then the Arsenal defenders could ever dream of. I agree with you that its not wise to bet against Barca. Barca play with the same mentality of Arsenal (attacking) but they are just two or three classes better.

GMilst
    GMilst's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think that Messi lack of goals playing in england, matters that much. Dont forget that if he doesnt, Pedro or Villa will, after all, Messi is not only the top goal scorer this season, he also has way over 20 assists (could be closer to 30). He has matured a lot, he doesnt play just for him like he did a few years ago. Now he is a team player, he plays and create plays and situation for other ones too.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    Why should a Arsenal defender dream about the talent of Messi? Arsenal defenders are much more talented then Messi in the defensive part of the game. Two things which you simply can't compare. I would say Pique has more talent then the Arsenal defenders could ever dream of. I agree with you that its not wise to bet against Barca. Barca play with the same mentality of Arsenal (attacking) but they are just two or three classes better.
    I was referring to the overall skill since they will be trying to defend against Messi. Any Two of them have no chance of stopping Messi. He is a one man wrecking crew. Then you add his other weapons and you have total destruction. Arsenal can't stop bottom feeders in the PL from scoring on them, how do they expect to stop some of the best players in the world on the same team?
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 02-16-11 at 09:10 AM.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I think Messi might break that record tonight. Arsenal need to find a way to score at home, they know goals are raining in at Nou so they need to balance offense and defense.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

No foreign club has ever won a Champions league tie at the Emirates.

RbN

Arsenal should find a way so that Xavi and Iniesta won't be able to get the ball most of the time. Just as Holland did in the final, its the only way how you could have a slight chance of winning against decades best team. When these two guys won't be able to get the ball, it will be harder for Messi to be able to get in possession upfront also. But then ....its Arsenal, they simply can't play how Inter did a year ago.

Arsenal got no chance over 2 games.

dxunchuk
    dxunchuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Hope today he will score ))) BOL!

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

he hasnt scored in england beacuse the english based defender always mark him out of the game and so he does barely nothing. i dont think he'll score tonight either, i hope clichy has a great game. I want arsenal to win and their best chance is at the emirates so i expect them to play out of their minds. Is puyol back for barca? they'll need him to deal with arsenals attaking talent, van persie has been in red hot form. Also i think walcott pace will destroy their left back all night.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    No foreign club has ever won a Champions league tie at the Emirates.
    now thats a good stat

Kraghen

Van Persie and Nasri are both great Arsenal players, they have nothing to lose tonight as Arsenal is an underdog. It's the Blaugrana who will be under pressure. The problem with Arsenal is that they lack of experience in Champion's league... appart from that they have plenty of talented players in the team (Fabregas, Van persie, Nasri, etc...). I like Barça but I'm fed up to always see the same teams winning the champion's league. I want some change to make next Champion's league more interesting than usual.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    Van Persie and Nasri are both great Arsenal players, they have nothing to lose tonight as Arsenal is an underdog. It's the Blaugrana who will be under pressure. The problem with Arsenal is that they lack of experience in Champion's league... appart from that they have plenty of talented players in the team (Fabregas, Van persie, Nasri, etc...). I like Barça but I'm fed up to always see the same teams winning the champion's league. I want some change to make next Champion's league more interesting than usual.
    agree with you completely... but if you check, Barca only won the CL like 2 times in recent years and they were 1 goal away from potentially winning last year... until their current players get too old, they will always be contenders and Messi staying forever doesnt hurt... I will be on Arsenal DC today not just because I think its the right decision, but also due to what you mentioned... GL

Kraghen

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post

agree with you completely... but if you check, Barca only won the CL like 2 times in recent years and they were 1 goal away from potentially winning last year... until their current players get too old, they will always be contenders and Messi staying forever doesnt hurt... I will be on Arsenal DC today not just because I think its the right decision, but also due to what you mentioned... GL
    When I was saying I'm fed up to always see the same teams to win, I didn't talk only about Barça, but Real Madrid, Inter Milan or other popular teams, I like underdogs like Dynamo Kiev or PSV Eindhoven etc... it makes the competition look interesting. I'll be on Arsenal side tonight even if I like Barça as well.
    Last edited by Kraghen; 02-16-11 at 10:59 AM.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    When I was saying I'm fed up to always see the same teams to win, I didn't talk only about Barça, but Real Madrid, Inter Milan or other popular teams, I like underdogs like Dynamo Kiev or PSV hendoven etc... it makes the competition look interesting. I'll be on Arsenal side tonight even if I like Barça as well.
    got it mate...
    I would love to see those teams being able to compete as well...

Kraghen

got it mate...
    I would love to see those teams being able to compete as well...
    I hope Schalke 04 will win against Valencia in Germany...

RbN

got it mate... I would love to see those teams being able to compete as well...
    Time to have some salary caps. Clubs with debts (more debts then assets) not letting compete in Champions League. And that each team must have a certain % of own youth grown at the club (from same nationality of the team). Will be much more fair

And besides of that, with the last reason the English team (for example) will improve again in the long term.

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its going to be a hard fought game. Messi is an absolute animal on the pitch, while Robin Van Persie is in the best form I think he has ever been in. If Arsenal is going to tie this game, they are going to want a 0-0 tie, so they can win the Aggregate in Camp Nou on March 8th. GO GUNNERS!

Kraghen

Messi didn't score a goal and there are no foreign club who won at Emirate Stadium in England. I was very satisfied with this game and made some good money, however, I won't bet on Arsenal when they will go to Camp Nou, at least, not now, I'll wait to get some information. If Arsenal want to win at Camp Nou, they have to satisfy themselves with a draw.... I don't think they'll be able to score more than one goal there...

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

and the run continues

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    What does it matter? If Messi doesn't care Pedro or Villa will. There are more players in a team. Barca won't lose. If Arsenal attacks Barca will get enough space to kill them. If Arsenal defends, which they can't, barca kills them also.
    Great advice. Glad I stuck to my play.

RbN

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    Great advice. Glad I stuck to my play.
    Count yourself lucky, Barca should have made 3 or 4 already in first half. Nothing to do with great capping, but with luck, that happens sometimes, take your win and don't talk about it. Arsenal got no chance in Camp Nou. But I was right with my prediction that if Messi doesn't score Villa or Pedro will. People are too much concentrated one 1 goalscorer in a Barca team where most of the guys are able to get a goal.
    Last edited by RbN; 02-17-11 at 08:07 AM.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messi is a looser.We saw him at the world cup what he can do.Nothing!
    He is a hair from the "Guts" of Diego Armado Maradona!!

RbN

Quote Originally Posted by kostasgr View Post
    Messi is a looser.We saw him at the world cup what he can do.Nothing! He is a hair from the "Guts" of Diego Armado Maradona!!
    Lol what a hater you are. I would love to play as this loser.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

messi should have scored 2 , ref was on Arse side .

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Agreed he should have had a couple, but the streak continues.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    messi should have scored 2 , ref was on Arse side .
    How did u work that one out??

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

RbN you still shouting out losers? when you gonna learn man, no one listens to the losers, this is a cappers forum.

Kraghen

Even if Messi had some occasions to score goals, the results is that he never score a goal on the England field. Arsenal had some occasions to score more goals but the result is that they only score 2 goals. People won't remenber the fact you had occasion to score a goal, they will only remenber you if you score a goal and make your team win the game.
    Points Awarded:

Daveyboy gave Kraghen 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.