GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by hustla View Post
    Basically, it's this kind of thread that fosters the problems discussed in the thread.

Like us, hate us, I'll sleep just fine. Next time someone invades your country, give us a call - we'll be there to help steal all of your money, oil, gas etc.(again.)

I'm out.
    While the US has been involved in conflicts where it seems that they have questionable motives, I think the post had more to do with the US involvement in the World Wars, which simply did not have any questionable motives. This is where if I were one of the stereotyped "arrogant Americans" you Europeans seem to hate I would make a comment like "without us you'd still be eating wienerschnitzel with Adolf's grandchildren," but I'm not.

Also, if you're suggesting the US is stealing oil and money from Iraq, they simply aren't doing a very good job considering the gas prices remain high and the deficit is ever increasing.

egzacto
    egzacto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4850

Quote Originally Posted by GOB View Post
    While the US has been involved in conflicts where it seems that they have questionable motives, I think the post had more to do with the US involvement in the World Wars, which simply did not have any questionable motives. This is where if I were one of the stereotyped "arrogant Americans" you Europeans seem to hate I would make a comment like "without us you'd still be eating wienerschnitzel with Adolf's grandchildren," but I'm not.

Also, if you're suggesting the US is stealing oil and money from Iraq, they simply aren't doing a very good job considering the gas prices remain high and the deficit is ever increasing.
    "eating wienerschnitzel with Adolf's grandchildren"

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I think GOB has pretty much made the creator of this thread feel stupid because he can't answer any of his comments in a civil way. No one is thinking that the US is better than the Dutch at soccer, but to say we are absolute garbage is BS. We did beat Spain, and not to bring up bad memories, something the Dutch did not do in the Finals, and we also had Brazil on the ropes. I'd say that's doing something pretty well.

I think the best comment of the whole thread would definitely have to be:

world cup champions,

Netherlands: 0
    USA: 0

Not hating on your nation, but you come here talking a lot of hate for no reason. At least the sports we are "dominate at" like the Dutch are considered in football, have the hardware to prove it.

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

double posted on accident, my bad

DyironCroix
    DyironCroix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    America will be good at soccer once their culture changes dramatically. It's a culture of impatience and intolerance. But they have the potential to be the best footballing nation. They don't have the talent because talent grows through culture.
    Coudn't AGREE with you more, LA GALAXY signed up David Beckham, on somehow being a counterpart "Kobe Bryant" of the Lakers to make SOCCER a bit recognised in America but nothing happened.

First 12