$Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

This is going to be one heluva game.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Puyol is a massive loss for Barcelona.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see Arsenal drawing or even winning at the Emirates. I am not betting the game. Just going to watch and hopefully enjoy the outcome.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

will walcott torment maxwell again? i like that abidal is in central defence, that should help arsenal down the wings. they dont have the types to play physical but they need to in the centre of the park.

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Barca's coach doesn't seem over confident, talking up Arsenal ... ... same result as last year . 2-2

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Here's what's gonna happen...

Arsenal goes 4-0 up in the 1st half, Barca comes back to tie it 4-4 in the 2nd.

Gracchus
    Gracchus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Here's what's gonna happen... Arsenal goes 4-0 up in the 1st half, Barca comes back to tie it 4-4 in the 2nd.
    Just FYI; said HT/FT results prediction pays $7601.00

gulash106
    gulash106's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly, im sick of hearing wenger's rhetoric... if arsenal's way works, then prove it... In sports, there are the winners, and then there are everyone else.

courtemanche08
    courtemanche08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

not betting on either side, but betting the over!

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I don't see Barca winning this one, Arsenal +0.5 is very reasonable bet.

Hawkeye2009
    Hawkeye2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Messi is not gonna play, Arsenal will have some serious advantage!

leon
    leon's Avatar Become A Pro!

come on Arsenal ,do it like Tottenam!

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

arsenal will win .barcelona has no chance at all

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

no miracles in this one

branrave
    branrave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barca 2-0.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I see this as either 2-1 Arsenal, 1-1 or 3-0 Barca.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im tempted to lay Barcelona at 1.80. Arsenal have a fit team for a change this year (whens Robin van Persie ever been fit in Feb previously?!?). Arsenals defence is better than last year, while Barcelona were reportedly tired after their 1-1 draw with lowly Sporting Gijon. Arsenal have a chance tonight.

Greekbet
    Greekbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

TEAM NEWS
    Samir Nasri has been named in the Arsenal squad to travel to Spain, while Tomas Rosicky is another struggling with a knock.

Thomas Vermaelen and Lukasz Fabianski are injured, while Bacary Sagna is suspended.

Carles Puyol has been ruled out of this encounter, and Jeffren is the other visiting player who will be sidelined.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Did any of you watch last years match up when arsenal was at home? Barca pelted the goal tender with shots all game, and Arsenal was very lucky to get a draw with a lucky goal at the end. I do not think barca is going to play nicely today. The over is the safest though.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Arsenal are plenty good enough to knock out Barca.

Beating Barcelona is about execution. If they are focused, take their chances and execute at the back they can beat them.
    Arsenal plays the closer playing style to Barcelona, than every other team.
    first touch passing, 1-2, 1-3 during possesion, pressing everywhere on the field even though tactical orientation is the same.
    the big difference is at individual potential that Barcelona's squad has...
    Arsenal has really good players, maybe world class in some positions, but they are not close at the highest level, that Barcelona's players are...

So?? i dunno... i want Arsenal to go through next phase, i can say that these Catalans are boring...
    lol

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2009 View Post
    If Messi is not gonna play, Arsenal will have some serious advantage!
    lol...

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i would bet my life on messi scoring today.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Arsenal +1/2. Know they must have a strong showing at home, will not be able to win at Barca.

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Barcelona is just two classes better then Arsenal. No way Arsenal will get trough to next round, they even cant get a win tonight. Arsenal midfield is nothing compared to Barca's. Their star Fabregas is even a sub at Spain. The only parts where Arsenal are better is the striker (van Persie > Villa) and (Clichy > Maxwell). Arsenal could only dream of defenders as Abidal and Pique, also of Xavi and Iniesta. Busquets is way better then Song. Oh I forgot Messi.

But thing is....Barca plays total football the best. Every member of the team defends, every member of the squad attacks.

fuggles
    fuggles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

betting the over hard, if its a 1-1 draw or 2-0 I am screwed but i just can't see this outcome. barca could easily score 3 themselves and i expect arsenal to put one in as well. hoping this isn't a sweat and there are at least 2 1st half goals.

MileHigh_Broncos
    MileHigh_Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Home and Away; Away and Home. Think about it... Barca has home field adv. last. Barca knows they are good enough to win but they will have the same tactics as any team in the champions league knock-out stages.

SO: score an away goal and do not come home with a tough task. Ofcourse for a team like barca (mistakes by the opponent) taking an away win and even blowing out some teams in away matches is a possibility.
    As far as Arsenal they are in far better shape then a year ago and with much to prove. They will get up for a game vs barca and play to their best.... @ HOME!
    In my opinion smart money is on arsenal to keep it close or shall we say barca allowing the gunners to keep it close. Hope for a great game!

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Did any of you watch last years match up when arsenal was at home? Barca pelted the goal tender with shots all game, and Arsenal was very lucky to get a draw with a lucky goal at the end. I do not think barca is going to play nicely today. The over is the safest though.
    Arsenal are stronger now than they were then. And if rumours are true, Barca are shattered from their non-stop game-after-game (most of their team played all the way through the World Cup!)! Barcelona could be the new Rafal Nadal when he was physically shattered going into the 2009 French Open I will make my decision to lay them or not during the game (first 10 mins)....

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    Barcelona is just two classes better then Arsenal. No way Arsenal will get trough to next round, they even cant get a win tonight. Arsenal midfield is nothing compared to Barca's. Their star Fabregas is even a sub at Spain. The only parts where Arsenal are better is the striker (van Persie > Villa) and (Clichy > Maxwell). Arsenal could only dream of defenders as Abidal and Pique, also of Xavi and Iniesta. Busquets is way better then Song. Oh I forgot Messi.

But thing is....Barca plays total football the best. Every member of the team defends, every member of the squad attacks.
    Abidal is not a world class defender any more, he just performs at his best right now. I am impressed watching him during current season.
    And Maxwell doesn't match at this squad.
    I think Arsenal has a chance today. Barcelona will keep having possesion around 60-65% and the gunners will try to counter attacking, this is the way a team can beat Barcelona.
    Patience, 2 zones marking in front of the box and pray...
    ahahahahaha

I am on the Over 3,5 for a Unit.

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Abidal might be performing at his best right now, but hes a world class defender in the Barca system. Such a complete defender, strong, fast, versatile, excellent passing etc. Surely one of worlds best at this moment. As I said, Clihcy > Maxwell, Maxwell is really bad in defense, but when Barca got the ball in possession he's great. I can actiually see him have troubles tonight with Walcott, but he will get backup....

Arsenal cant be patient and 2 zone marking in front of the Box, thats someting for Italian teams, not for Arsenal which plays a attacking game for over years, they dont simply have that quality which Inter had last year. Wouldn't be wise also for Arsenal to rely on their weakest part of their team .

Arsenal will get beaten in 2 games, they know it, you know it and Wenger knows it.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

hmm, BP has Arsenal TT ov 1 -114 -- seems like a nice play.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Last night I re-watched the Champions League involving these two at Emirates from last April. The first 25 minutes made me wanna stake my house on Barcelona. It was probably the most amazing half hour of football I have ever seen with no goals. Barcelona ran Arsenal ragged like nothing I have ever seen. There were free runners everywhere and Messi had much time and space. Almunia made 5 World Class saves and on another night Arsenal would have been humbled.

After the onslaught Arsenal kind of settled, but their back-line was fatally flawed. Arsenal began playing a very high line and were caught out almost immediately. 50seconds or so into the 2nd half Ibra punished Arsenal following a less than precise, over the top through ball from the restart.

So how do you stop the Barcelona attack? You keep possession. There is no better team to face Barcelona than Arsenal because they can keep possession. If someone is going to beat Barcelona at 'playing football', I see no better opportunity than this.

Arsenal have a fit squad, aside from Nasri who is still a doubt to start. There will be no Bentdner leading the line or Song playing CB. Van Persie is in rare form and the inclusion of Jack Wilshire gives Arsenal's midfield some English bite.

Couple all this with the fact that Maxwell will once again have to deal with Walcott and I think Arsenal will get goals. Barcelona have been less than stellar on the road in the Champions league this season so I will make straight bets;

1u on Arsenal +.5
    .5u on Arsenal ML

tullamore21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    Abidal might be performing at his best right now, but hes a world class defender in the Barca system. Such a complete defender, strong, fast, versatile, excellent passing etc. Surely one of worlds best at this moment. As I said, Clihcy > Maxwell, Maxwell is really bad in defense, but when Barca got the ball in possession he's great. I can actiually see him have troubles tonight with Walcott, but he will get backup....

Arsenal cant be patient and 2 zone marking in front of the Box, thats someting for Italian teams, not for Arsenal which plays a attacking game for over years, they dont simply have that quality which Inter had last year. Wouldn't be wise also for Arsenal to rely on their weakest part of their team .

Arsenal will get beaten in 2 games, they know it, you know it and Wenger knows it.
    agree. I said that a team can only face Barcelona, being patient. I did not say to rely to 2 zone marking. They need to double up, always, players who trying to create space by carrying the ball. Barcelona is the best team finding free lines inside opponents' defence. It is not wise to man-to-man single players, because 1-2 is easy for Barcelona.

If Arsenal face Barcelona playing attacking and not change their philosofy, then the catalan avalanche is coming..

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Don't chase the dragon fellas! The ones wearing red shirts will not make you happy in the end.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

cesc can't even make the spanish team.

Barcelona 5 - Arse 0

First 1234 Last