Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Does Villa have a prayer tomorrow vs ManU?

Or is betting on them just throwing money away???

Doc

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Villa has a 'prayer' if they attack United rather than relying on the counter and trying not to concede. That strategy hasn't worked for most teams visiting Old Trafford. The Villans' defense which has been pretty dire this season also needs to be air-tight. As a team, they're on the up and up but can they walk into Old Trafford and win there back-to-back? I'm not so sure. Prior to last season's win, Old Trafford has pretty much been a graveyard for the Villans.

When Villa won at Old Trafford last season, United were pretty decimated with injuries in the back. We had Wes Brown and Fletcher playing at the back and Kuszczak in goal with the latter two responsible for Agbonlahor's goal. I'm not so sure Villa have yet regained their confidence to the level they were at when they beat us last season though (was it not just 3 weeks ago, the team was in turmoil and fans were asking for Houlier's head?). They still only have one away victory which was against Wigan last week and I wouldn't say they were overly convincing in that one. Anyhow, anything is possible but I would say the chances of Villa winning at Old Trafford this time around would be around 20%, a draw maybe 30%.

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tomorrow! I am looking at a play on the total.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Or is betting on them just throwing money away???

Doc
    We know anything is possible in sports but I'd consider a bet on Villa a waste of money. Their defense is too shitty.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    Villa has a 'prayer' if they attack United rather than relying on the counter and trying not to concede. That strategy hasn't worked for most teams visiting Old Trafford. The Villans' defense which has been pretty dire this season also needs to be air-tight. As a team, they're on the up and up but can they walk into Old Trafford and win there back-to-back? I'm not so sure. Prior to last season's win, Old Trafford has pretty much been a graveyard for the Villans.

When Villa won at Old Trafford last season, United were pretty decimated with injuries in the back. We had Wes Brown and Fletcher playing at the back and Kuszczak in goal with the latter two responsible for Agbonlahor's goal. I'm not so sure Villa have yet regained their confidence to the level they were at when they beat us last season though (was it not just 3 weeks ago, the team was in turmoil and fans were asking for Houlier's head?). They still only have one away victory which was against Wigan last week and I wouldn't say they were overly convincing in that one. Anyhow, anything is possible but I would say the chances of Villa winning at Old Trafford this time around would be around 20%, a draw maybe 30%.
    Villa supporter here. Congrats on the great season you guys have had so far!

Agree that I'm not sure I like the chances of Villa going into Old Trafford and winning, but I'm thinking about putting a small play on Villa +1.5, or potentially the under. Villas central defense has been loads better. Collins is in good form, and getting Richard Dunne back into the fold has been great. The last three or so matches those two have been very good, especially a few weeks ago in the win against City. I think Villa is most vulnerable against Nani's play on the wing. Sometimes Villa sits back and gives wings too much space to operate.

Obviously anything can happen, and Villa has quality wings to feed the ball into Darren Bent, and once you get one in the back of the net, you never know.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Villa has a breath of life... they could take a point or more tomorrow. At +880, they're worth a shot!

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by GOB View Post
    Villa supporter here. Congrats on the great season you guys have had so far! Agree that I'm not sure I like the chances of Villa going into Old Trafford and winning, but I'm thinking about putting a small play on Villa +1.5, or potentially the under. Villas central defense has been loads better. Collins is in good form, and getting Richard Dunne back into the fold has been great. The last three or so matches those two have been very good, especially a few weeks ago in the win against City. I think Villa is most vulnerable against Nani's play on the wing. Sometimes Villa sits back and gives wings too much space to operate. Obviously anything can happen, and Villa has quality wings to feed the ball into Darren Bent, and once you get one in the back of the net, you never know.
    Cheers GOB and good luck to the Villans the rest of the season...pretty sure you don't get relegated...too much quality on that team. Looks like you got a bargain in Bent considering yesterday's 'madness'.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

If you watched the Villa vs City game you'd know that City was pounding them the whole game. The reason Villa won 1-0 was because City are were unable to finish any chances.

Given Villa's recent form/players I think they have a chance of getting something out of the game. But a rule everyone should stick to is not betting against United at Old Trafford. They have the best home record in the league, and still undefeated all season. Arsenal dominated United at Old Trafford and they still couldn't break their defense.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cannot see ManU losing their first game here. If you really think Villa will play well, I'd bet the draw.

GOB
    GOB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3770

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    If you watched the Villa vs City game you'd know that City was pounding them the whole game. The reason Villa won 1-0 was because City are were unable to finish any chances.

Given Villa's recent form/players I think they have a chance of getting something out of the game. But a rule everyone should stick to is not betting against United at Old Trafford. They have the best home record in the league, and still undefeated all season. Arsenal dominated United at Old Trafford and they still couldn't break their defense.
    I watched the Villa-City match and the play was about even in the first half, but I agree with your assessment of the second half, and completely agree with you assessment of not betting against United at Old Trafford.

slapster33
    slapster33's Avatar Become A Pro!

does anyone see ManU winning by 2+ goals?

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glory Glory Man United .... 3 - 1 easy

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

small lean to man u. villa still awful on the road.

MJ_6rings
    I'm the GOAT!
    MJ_6rings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Villa will be destroyed by Man U

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Vidic and Ferdinand are top CB pair in the land.

Villa Under 1/2 goal +105

Doc JS

Interesting to hear the varied responses...

I've made a small play on Villa +1.5...

Gl to all...

Doc

knicks11487
    knicks11487's Avatar Become A Pro!

Villa will win!!!

Villa is going to win!!! Big upset!!! Manu is bound to lose a game. They are amazing but every now and then an upset will occur and i think villa is taking this one!!!

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Man Utd is in a prime spot to drop points in this contest. Villa should show well today. My bet is Villa +1.5. GL everyone.

Gtownguy487
    Update your status
    Gtownguy487's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm liking Arsenal, AC Milan, Manchester United ML

Any thoughts?

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I put Man U on a parlay but I dont think its going to be a big diference...

RubberKettle

I only have a small play on Aston Villa Under 1/2 goals @ +105, but I would like to break down this game anyway.
    (This may be biased as I am a United Supporter)

Manchester United
    No league losses this season (Please don't wager on "their due")
    Scored 2 or more in 19 of 24 games (Only Arsenal have kept Untied under 2 goals at Old Trafford)
    Only conceded 7 home goals (Only 5 of 12 Teams to visit Old Trafford have Scored)
    7 home clean sheets (Last four home starts with Vidic & Ferdinand United have allowed 1 goal and scored 12)

Aston Villa
    Villa have not kept an away clean sheet this season
    Only 2 away wins all season (Wolves and Wigan)
    7 out of 12 games conceding 2 or more away
    Villa have been blanked on the road 5 times from 12 games

I know Benty has come and all is looking up for Villa, but it does not change the fact that this is a bad road team. United will have extra motivation to reverse the 2-2 draw at Villa Park. They are not comfortable and need to continue picking up points. With many players rested and coming back into the squad United will preform a lot better than what we saw against Blackpool. There will be no midfield of Fletcher, Gibson and Scholes which ruined the 1st half. I am only really worried by the absence of Park who is still recovering from International duty (btw he retied from S. Korea this past week) and the form of Wayne Rooney.

I don't see to much in Villa +1.5, but who knows.
    If I were to predict a score it would be 2-0.

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

united usually wins when rooney scores in first 5 minutes of the game

RubberKettle

Watch out for United. They've "not been playing well" yet remain undefeated, what is going to happen now that Rooney is scoring and they're whomping on Villa for fun?

ThE gUrU 99
    ThE gUrU 99's Avatar Become A Pro!

waaaattttaaaaa bommmmmbbb from vidic SICK

Doc JS

Congrats to the ManU backers...

I knew my Villa +1.5 was in BIG trouble when Rooney scored 1 minute in...

When Villa scored to make it 2-1, I thought maybe I had a chance...But Vidic's goal was a dagger.

Doc

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man U home is just rock solid... well except for the big bet on them I placed on Man U - West Brom.. haha