nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

any opinions on today's match

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Let's try and keep this inferno going! Anybody with info or insight, check in and let's bump heads on these picks and get some more winner's brewin'.

N'Power Championship 02/15--02/18. NottinghamPower lol. Jokes.

Cardiff v. Burnley - I love Cardiff for the full-time result here. They will look to pick their socks up after a lucky LATE win against a pitiful team. They know they are on a bubble with Forest, Swansea, Norwich and Leeds and need to take these home win point-grabs seriously. Paying out even money? I'll take 'em. They won't be looking too far ahead at Nottingham as they know as well as Forest that they need the immediate points.

Doncaster v. Ipswich - I like the fight that I've seen from Ipswich here and I think they will put one in the back of the net but so will the home team, knowing they have the chance to overtake them in the table with a home victory. Therefore, I like "both teams to score".

Scunthorpe v. Nottingham - Another opportunity for Forest to take a result here and get the points they need to pop the bubble they are on and really get ahold of QPR's nose-hairs. Nottingham DOES have a big match ahead with Cardiff on home grounds. OK, I understand that they will be focused heavily on this match, but to think that they WILL NOT also be focused on obtaining THESE points prior to entering that match would be to underestimate their ability to prepare for such an event. They can see the big picture and after last season, should be taking no matches for granted. Look for Forest to get a road win, especially if Cardiff takes the result tomorrow. Also, paying 1.75...I like that as well. Not to mention, even if Forest rest a bunch of key players, they are extremely deep off the bench and definitely have the striking ability as well as the defending ability whether in the starting line-up or bag of subs. The bag o' tricks lol. Only an hour and half drive to Scunthorpe, travel shouldn't be hard on 'em.

Leicester v. Bristol City - Again, a team in a take-over position and a team that can put goals in the net scoring heaps the last few matches, 14 in last 6. I think they take the home result but will put a small play on something a little more adventurous as well here. I think they score early and keep the lead...Half-time/Full-time, paying out 2.10. Let's dooo it lol!!

Cardiff v. Burnley - Cardiff (full-time result)
    Doncaster v. Ipswich - Both teams to score
    Scunthorpe v. Nottingham Forest - Nottingham (full-time result)
    Leicester v. Bristol City - Leicester (Half-time/Full-time result)

Parlays:

Doncaster v. Ipswich OV 1.5 goals x Leicester (full-time result)
    Cardiff (draw-no-bet) x Nottingham (full-time result)
    Scunthorpe v. Nottingham OV 1.5 goals x Leicester (full-time result)

Good luck everyone!! Let's hear some feedback. As always, comments, fades/tails welcome!! More plays to come for weekend, if all goes well lol.
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 02-14-11 at 11:25 AM.

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    any opinions on today's match
    Sorry dude, you mean the premier?? I don't cap that homie. Too many emotional losses for the big-name clubs. Best of luck man! should be a good watch

Bluedragon

Well what a bruuutaall couple days in Championship. I usually like this league because it is NOT this unpredictable. Forest really blew a chance to get one-up on Cardiff. Ipswich came out blazing like I thought but FACK Doncaster couldn't put one in the back of the net to get me a nice "both teams" pick. If Leicester wins tomorrow I will have savaged only 1 win in this thread this week so far. If they are winning at half-time AND full, I could scrape out 2. Back to the drawing board for the weekend. Anyone with Championship thoughts, check in!!

Cardiff v. Burnley - Cardiff (full-time result) - couldn't hold on to the lead. fuckers.
    Doncaster v. Ipswich - Both teams to score - 0-6?? Home team couldn't find ONE?????
    Scunthorpe v. Nottingham Forest - Nottingham (full-time result) - Cunthorpe pulls pointless victory to move from ass-crack to ball-sack.
    Leicester v. Bristol City - Leicester (Half-time/Full-time result) pending

Parlays:

Doncaster v. Ipswich OV 1.5 goals x Leicester (full-time result) pending
    Cardiff (draw-no-bet) x Nottingham (full-time result) - Had the NO BET right.
    Scunthorpe v. Nottingham OV 1.5 goals x Leicester (full-time result)

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 12-6-0 (12wins, 6losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Leicester v. Bristol City - Leicester (Half-time/Full-time result)
    Doncaster v. Ipswich OV 1.5 goals x Leicester (full-time result)

Well BRUTALLLLL week this week. Everything was upside down in Championship. A couple of close losses this week though:

Doncaster/Ipswich - both to score - 6 goals, all by 1 team.
    Cardiff lost lead in last 20 mins.

Gonna try and turn it around tomorrow. Should be a few good matches!

Ipswich-Hull - OV 2.5 - Should be a good fight and Ipswich proved they can score. I see 2-1 Ipswich.
    Millwall-Middlesborough - Millwall (full-time result)
    Crystal Palace-Sheffield UTD - Crystal Palace (full-time result) - Great odds here, good value play on a home-match.
    Nottingham Forest-Cardiff - (Nottingham Forest full-time result) - Should bounce back with a critical home victory!!!

Parlays:

Ipswich +0.5 x Nottingham +0.5
    Crystal Palace +0.5 x Ipswich-Hull (both teams to score)

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 14-6-0 (14wins, 6losses, 0pushes)

Good luck everyone!! Let's hear some feedback. As always, comments, fades/tails welcome!!

Bluedragon

I can't believe that Millwall actually couldn't hold on to EVEN A DRAW. Terrible. The odds dropped like crazy and it made me uneasy. I know why now lol. arrgghh.

Ipswich-Hull - OV 2.5 - Just needed one more. I was going to play draw instead of total. Should have stuck with my gut!
    Millwall-Middlesborough - Millwall (full-time result) - Very disappointed they didn't get the result.
    Crystal Palace- Sheff Utd - Crystal Palace (full-time result) - I hope a few of you jumped on this paying 2.25. Nice.
    Nottingham Forest-Cardiff - Nottingham Forest (full-time result) - Great game to watch. I knew they would take this critical Result. My boy Earnshaw is very precise when he touches balls. LOL had to say it but it's true!

Parlays:

Ipswich +0.5 x Nottingham +0.5
    Crystal Palace +0.5 x Ipswich-Hull (both teams to score)

New week next week. Want to get out of this little slump-week. Fack. If I didn't suck so bad in that upside-down day earlier this week I would be in a better position. Any insight is always welcome!!

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 18-8-0 (18wins, 8losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

OK, another day, hopefully another dollar. Or two. Let's get right to business...there isn't TOO much I like today. Some tough match-ups and mental-battles going to follow the few upsets last week, IMO.

Reading v. Millwall - Reading (full-time result) - I like Reading here in this position. Millwall just suffered a pretty heart-breaking home loss against a basement-dwelling Middlesborough and it won't be any easier this week. I don't expect them to bounce back with a confident win over a team only 2 points beneath them. Reading will look to set Millwall back even more and paying out EVEN money, I'll make a small play on Reading here.

Cardiff v. Leicester - Both teams to score - Leicester will be looking for the win whilst Cardiff will be playing to not lose. Usually this spells a 0-0 or 1-0 type game but I think Leicester will be able to sneak one past Cardiff early on and force them to re-evaluate their game-play. It may be a draw as well but I don't see Cardiff losing.

Nottingham Forest v. Preston N. End - Nottingham Forest Half-time/Full-time result - Forest suffered an embarrassing loss in Scunthorpe last week. They REALLY should have used this match as a stepping-stone going into the Cardiff match they won on Saturday. The fact is, they didn't take advantage like they should have but I expect it to be different today. Forest plays Millwall next which is a little bit of a look-ahead but a big part of that will be focussing on securing this result going into that match. They will not let another golden opportunity like this slip away.

SU:

Reading v. Millwall - Reading (full-time result)
    Cardiff v. Leicester - Both Teams To Score
    Nottingham Forest v. Preston N. End - Forest (half-time/full-time result)

Parlays:

Leeds (full-time result) x Norwich-Doncaster OV 1.5 goals - Like Leeds for the home-win and I see Norwich-Doncaster like 2-0.
    Forest (full-time result) x Cardiff +0.5
    Norwich (full-time result) x Forest (full-time result)

Good luck everyone!! Let's hear some feedback. As always, comments, fades/tails welcome!!
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 02-22-11 at 11:54 AM.

Bluedragon

Damn. Forest just jumped from 1.40 to 1.44. Against Preston N. End?

MartR
    MartR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 973

HT Forest 0 - 1 Preston. I guess that's why

Bluedragon

Fuk. Fuk. FUK. Terrible day again. Norwich couldn't hold that fackin' lead and Nottingham goes up 2-1 in the 93' and then get scored on RIGHT away to end in draw. Pathetic. They have reeeallllyyy shit the bed with these easy matches. I'm really disappointed. Sorry everyone.

Reading v. Millwall - Reading (full-time result)
    Cardiff v. Leicester - Both Teams To Score
    Nottingham Forest v. Preston N. End - Forest (half-time/full-time result) - blooody hell

Leeds (full-time result) x Norwich-Doncaster OV 1.5 goals - - Leeds just couldn't hold on
    Forest (full-time result) x Cardiff +0.5
    Norwich (full-time result) x Forest (full-time result)

SO many CLOSE losses. It's really painful. I have to get 'em this saturday. If anyone has input, pleeeeease tell me.

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 19-13-0 (19wins, 13losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Alright. No muckin' about. I need a couple solid winners to get back on track. Going to prob keep my card short so I don't get buried by frivolous bets. There would be a lot more plays if all of these SHITE teams weren't at home. It just makes it eerie to me and I'll stay away from most of those matches.

Preston N. End v. Burnley - Burnley (full-time result) - It has been a good little run for Preston, keeping top-ranked QPR and Forest on level at the end of their last couple matches. I think that ends here though. Burnley was just hammered by West Ham in the FA Cup but they have more important tasks on hand now, rising up through the table. A win here would put them up in that top echelon of the table. I expect them to take this match and @ 2.25...I'll play it.

Leicester City v. Coventry - Leicester -1 (AH) - Another good spot here for Leicester the pester to move up the table. I can't see Coventry hanging around with them much. Home advantage included, I think Leicester covers the -1.

Plays:

Preston N. End-Burnley - Burnley (full-time result)
    Leicester City-Coventry - Leicester City -1

Parlays:

Leicester City (full-time result) x Millwall +0.5 - Millwall suffered a heart-breaking loss to Bottomsborough (Middlesborough) last week and even though it is really tough to bounce back from those types of things, Millwall is a fighter's team. Nottingham is pretty banged-up and coming into The New Den is never easy, especially after last week. Forest also had a heart-breaking result last week but I don't see them bouncing back.

Good luck everyone!! As always, comments, fades/tails welcome!!

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL

I really don´t know nothing about the EPL and all the lower leagues! but u seem to follow so hope u'll have good day in ur bets!

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    BOL

I really don´t know nothing about the EPL and all the lower leagues! but u seem to follow so hope u'll have good day in ur bets!

Thanks Latinrus. I need to get this thread back on fire, bruv.

Put my first MLB bet down today lol!!!! Degen moment of the year for me but I couldn't wait! SF to beat Arizona. SF is up 7-4 in the 7th lol.

Bluedragon

Very disappointed again. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. If only Leicester didn't concede that early goal I would have had 2 wins and a push. Very upset. I have to focus more for the next fixtures.

Preston N. End-Burnley - Burnley (full-time result)
    Leicester City-Coventry - Leicester City -1

Parlays:

Leicester City (full-time result) x Millwall +0.5 - Leicester couldn't get the win. Millwall kept the +0.5

Ahhhh. On to next pick...prob Juventus this aft, get some money back. Thanks to all who viewed. Gotta get this fire burning again. Disappointed in myself.

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 20-15-0 (20wins, 15losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Middlesborough v. Nottingham Forest

Hopefully the Forest fire burns strong today. They are heavily beaten up, but so are Middlesborough. There are also a lot of internal problems at Middles and they are trying to change the style of football played and haven't been able to find their groove lately. Forest need to continue to push for that top spot and even though they have said that they know these games against crap teams are just as important, their results haven't displayed that. Their form DID look good in Millwall last week getting heaps of corners and playing with zeal but they just couldn't find the back of the net. Middles is a club that should be doing better than they are but I just don't see them getting back to form soon. McGugan should look strong today for forest and I'm gonna say that they take the much needed result here. I like the odds so I'll make a play.

I took them yesterday @2.63 but they are sitting right now @2.5

Middlesborough-Nottingham Forest (Forest full-time result)

Bluedragon

fukin done with this shite. forest does this every fukin year. good luck getting to premier losing/drawing to ALL the bottom teams. burn the fukin forest down

MartR
    MartR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 973

Why in hell would you bet on Nottingham??? 50/50 bet on a away team and you expect them to win? If they'd win, you would be lucky.. not a expert

Bluedragon

[QUOTE=MartR;9036325]Why in hell would you bet on Nottingham??? 50/50 bet on a away team and you expect them to win? If they'd win, you would be lucky.. not a expert

Cuz the odds were great and they need the wins. Never in my life would I make this bet, forest on the road, at less than 2.50. If you know this team then you will know all too well that this is what they do every year and I should know better. Boro, scunthorpe and preston are matchups that forest reeeaaalllyyy should have handled in a better fashion and coach Billy Davies is hinting at wanting a contract renewal but I would reassess after those performances if I owned the team. I'm not just guessing here, forest have been on a poor streak and these basement teams have taken advantage of their mistakes. I am going to sit off them until they are rested and key players return. I wish you would have written before the game though man, it would have made me think again and again.

It really sucks because i post my forest pick and they shit the bed and my record goes down but my second pick I threw was boro-forest UN 3.5 x derby-Doncaster over 2. I should have posted that as well but I stuck to just forest and look like a fool now. My desire to see them win these trivial matches must have clouded my judgement on the last few picks. Although a couple of my picks on them lately have been fukin breath-takingly close. At least I don't bet the bank on them, bro. Just One of my many sports-betting challenges I like to try my hand at
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 03-02-11 at 05:09 AM.

Bluedragon

Alright folks...took some time off to collect my thoughts here about Npower and do a little more homework. Back with the hopes that Forest can hold on to a top spot in the table hopefully be promoted.

Nottingham Forest v. Burnley - Ntm. Forest (full-time result) Forest has really shit the bed lately but this is a nice spot for them to bounce back with a fairly-healthy squad. I got them last night @2.00 but they have dropped heavily to 1.80. Take them for the win as they return to their strong home-form.

Ipswich Town v. Middlesborough - Ipswich Town (full-time result) - Ipswich has really been on a roll lately, scoring plenty of goals and getting important road-wins. I don't expect them to let up at home. Should be a good match with Ipswich winning 2-1 I see. Paying out +money, I'll take 'em.

Plays:

Ntm Forest v. Burnley - Ntm Forest (full-time result) @1.80
    Ipswich v. Middlesborough - Ipswich (full-time result) @2.05

Parlay:
    QPR +0.5 x Ipswich-Middles OV 1.5 @ 1.70 - I see a coupe of goals in the Ipswich game and QPR should be looking to at least draw this game and so as to not let anyone below start to threaten them...

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm expecting a few goals between Derby and Leeds.
    I like the QPR bet above too. How many times have they lost back-to-back games this season?!?

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    I like the QPR bet above too. How many times have they lost back-to-back games this season?!?
    Ya man that looks like a solid over! GL bruv

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post

Bluedragon

Plays:

Ntm Forest v. Burnley - Ntm Forest (full-time result) @1.80
    Ipswich v. Middlesborough - Ipswich (full-time result) @2.05 (my gut was the OV. should have stuck with it)

Parlay:
    QPR +0.5 x Ipswich-Middles OV 1.5 @ 1.70

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 22-16-0 (22wins, 16losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Ok, got a great Forest match on the board today. Norwich v. Forest. Both teams are gunning for a promotion spot and Forest have fallen almost out of contention. Nottingham can't settle for draws and they took their first win in 10 matches the other day and THEY CANNOT let up. I expect a few goals here in this game with Forest pushing to score and probably conceding one in doing so. I have a slight lean on the OV, but I think I'm gonna stick with BTS in case it stays 1-1 or something. Regardless of if my pick hits or not, I will really enjoy watching this game!

Play:

Norwich v. Nottingham Forest - Both Teams to Score @1.72

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Right on.

ccfcboy
    ccfcboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like the Forest bet tailing you on that one I think you should take a look at the Cardiff game this saturday as well though. All the players are fired up and some of them are seeing this game (vs portsmouth) as a revenge match for what they did in the FA cup final a few years back. Cardiff are going in with good form and Bellamy is on fire at the moment so I think it's definitely worth taking the ML or maybe even -1 on Cardiff

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcboy View Post
    Really like the Forest bet tailing you on that one I think you should take a look at the Cardiff game this saturday as well though. All the players are fired up and some of them are seeing this game (vs portsmouth) as a revenge match for what they did in the FA cup final a few years back. Cardiff are going in with good form and Bellamy is on fire at the moment so I think it's definitely worth taking the ML or maybe even -1 on Cardiff

Hey bruv, I have been eying that one, don't worry!! Should be heaps of goals by Cardiff.

ccfcboy

lets cash it

Bluedragon

Last play was a glorious win. Went to the bar to watch the game with my good friend but due to public transit, we were 16' minutes late. So we walked in and I was like "turn to Forest, turn to Forest" so the barkeep flipped channels and it was 1-1 JUST as I arrived LOL. I LOVE those types of wins!

Norwich v. Nottingham Forest - Both Teams to Score @1.72

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 23-16-0 (23wins, 16losses, 0pushes)

Bluedragon

Today, Forest is back at home with a MUST WIN game for BOTH teams. Konchesky will be out with a ban but we could see Findley on the pitch which would be an added threat.

Now, I must say, I really don't like either side ALL that well here but I really CANNOT IGNORE THE PRICE on Forest at home in this situation. From a true handicapping perspective, this is a stay-away game without a doubt, but I'm a Forest lover and have been doing great this week in MLB so I will look to throw beer money (no more than I would spend on a good pint) on 2 plays today.

Plays:

Nottingham Forest v. Leicester City - Forest (full-time result) @2.37
    Nottingham Forest v. Leicester City - Both teams to score @1.66

ccfcboy

Tailing both teams to score. kamara, yakubu,mcgugan,earnshaw etc all good strikers that should get at least one goal for their side not so sure of the ML because leicester draw A LOT of games away from home. However, both teams to score is a great bet since they are both still going for the play-offs so will go all out GL with your bets mate

Bluedragon

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcboy View Post
    Tailing both teams to score. kamara, yakubu,mcgugan,earnshaw etc all good strikers that should get at least one goal for their side not so sure of the ML because leicester draw A LOT of games away from home. However, both teams to score is a great bet since they are both still going for the play-offs so will go all out GL with your bets mate

Thanks man. Just hit the BTS lol

Bluedragon

Fukin' oath man!! What an exciting game! That's how we dooooo it, Forest looking back in form. I was poopin' though, they were up, then level, then up, then level, then up. Earnshaw is my boy, explosive. I actually had a little side bet that I didn't want to be one of my "official" plays cuz it's just ludicrous but I put ALT Goals OV 5.5 LMAO cuz of they way the last Forest matches have been going, I threw a 10 on it. I was one goal off as it ended 3-2 but that would have been a glorious hit.

Nottingham Forest v. Leicester City - Forest (full-time result) @2.37 - YES boys. Get Konchesky back, keep throwin' Findley out there!
    Nottingham Forest v. Leicester City - Both teams to score @1.66

Bluedragon's record since posting in this thread - 25-16-0 (25wins, 16losses, 0pushes)
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 04-22-11 at 01:20 PM.

FinChris
    FinChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Nice!

I don't follow Championship so much, but I like the over/under plays in this league. In Europe, so many easier series than English Championship to me.

Good luck your games, follow this topic!

Bluedragon

Now the question is....million dollar question...what do we do about the Leeds v. Reading game?? For the moment being, Forest are 1 point ahead in a playoff spot. As I type this, I'm sure Leeds players are learning that Forest just won. Does that light a fire under their arse? I am feeling like pulling a trigger on a little play on Leeds at home to get it done but Reading has looked great lately. Maybe just the OV goals, anyone with insight....chime in and let's get that money!

First 123 Last