The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My Game of the Year - Tottenham vs Manchester United

This will be the best EPL game of the year so I suggest everyone to watch it... I am a MNU fan but I will watch this game from a neutral perspective because it will be AMAZING... this is not a game of hate, nor is it a game of desperation - it will merely be a classic football match should not be missed...

However, from a betting perspective, this will be a SUPER match to pick...

THIS WILL BE MANCHESTER UNITED's FIRST LOSS OF THE SEASON!!!!

1) Ferguson will not care to lose as they are currently comfortable in the table and also because he wants to get rid of this extra pressure for going UNBEATEN (I am telling you, he does not care about breaking records)

2) Tottenham will dedicate the WHOLE week for this match and are preparing EXTENSIVELY for it as you read this analysis... RAFAEL VAN DER VAART will not get any sleep this week and will come into this game with MORE dedication than Sneijder, MORE desperation than West Ham and WILL PLAY better than Messi during 99% of the game, mark my words...

That is why I will place the following bets:

1) TOTTENHAM to win @ 3 (6x) & DNB @ 2.1 (10x)
    2) correct scores 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 @ 11.5, 30, 34 (1x, 0.5x, 0.5x)
    3) over 2.5 @ 2 (5x)
    4) BTS @ 1.7 (15x)
    5) TOTT./DRAW HT/FT @ 17.5 (2x)
    6) TOTTENHAM score in both halves @ 4 (2x)
    7) first goal TOTTENHAM @ 2.15 (8x)

...I will add VDV to score anytime @ odds (5x) but the odds were not published yet...

the combined UNITS is 50x and I am willing to risk it... (IGNORE THE UNITS - THIS WILL BE $500)

FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE... (do not comment on amount, rather post opinions on game)
    Last edited by The Special One; 01-14-11 at 01:37 PM.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I really like your angle here, and probably will do the bet on the dog with teeth.
    Good luck!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I liked you're contribution to this forum, you're a smart guy but you're ruining yourself with all this BS. No one with the kind of money you are claiming to gamble with risks their entire "betting career" on 1 game.
    Points Awarded:

Daveyboy gave JOHON8 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bettorjon
    bettorjon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    I liked you're contribution to this forum, you're a smart guy but you're ruining yourself with all this BS. No one with the kind of money you are claiming to gamble with risks their entire "betting career" on 1 game.

its easier to gamble if you dont play real money

50u for one game?

COME ON man

Hebodk
    Hebodk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2852

You are right - game of the year. Come on you Spurs!

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

best of luck

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Man Utd fan as well, but totally diagree with you on this one...

We own Spurs, have done for a long time! We seem to get a massive amount of luck against them, most of it unfair on them, and for some reason they can't keep us out.

If it comes off them hats off to you, but to basically risk so much on one team, against an unbeaten team who owns them is not a smart way to go.

Agree with you about the game though... should be awesome! Hopefully better than the Old Trafford tie!

BOL

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes.. time for united to lose.. their luck must ran ut soon!

tonilullaby
    tonilullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I watched the last game Man U played away from home vs West Brom, and the way they played I would never put a penny on them outside Old Trafford. I might play Spurs PK too. BOL

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I think you are letting your personal excitement for this game influence the bets
    no way you should risk 50u on a game like this, there are much better games to bet 50u on if you have to

The Special One

well...

I guess that I pissed some people off with the rather ridiculous figures, but that is because I should have never jumped into this 'units' business you have here - completely my fault; just ignore the units amount and pretend that I am putting $500 on this game and divide that into the other bets (I meant a completely different thing entirely)...

meanwhile, apart from the units, I am still stressing that people should bet on this game in any way they can because it WILL be open and it WILL be great to watch...

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Are you sure you're a United fan? I'm sure you are, but you know we call it 'Three Point Lane'. Haven't lost there since 2001 (7-2-1 over the last 10). Anyhow, yes, the Spuds are a different team and are playing well at home and no I wouldn't be surprised if they did beat us, but to say that Fergie won't care if they lose is nonsense. That kind of attitude doesn't help make you the most successful manager in club history. It seems like every pundit and neutral out there are predicting United to lose their first game. You don't think Fergie and the players know this? It could help galvanise the team and they usually find the extra gears when they play bigger sides. You can't call yourself a successful club if you're not used to dealing with pressure. It's an equally pivotal game for United and a victory over the Spuds would pretty much knock them out of the title race and at the same time improve their own chances of a record-breaking title. To accomplish this, United will need to start winning some tough away fixtures since we still play away to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, including this one against the Spuds, so the title is far from being won. I would be a bit more concerned if our back 4 were playing like we were earlier in the season, but Rio and Vidic have started to resemble their form during our treble year and the Spuds don't really have any in-form strikers that will pose too many problems for them. It will be their midfield that we'll need to deal with. Rafael will need to play like he did at Old Trafford when he had Bale in his back-pocket. Rooney will be fit as well which even if he doesn't score, will help our defensive coverage with his backtracking. No doubt though it will be a tough match (for both sides) but I don't think United will simply roll over. Anyhow, I will enjoy this one from the sidelines as I have learned, you never bet against your own team!

Good luck though! Hope you win for your sake, but I'm hoping United get a good result as well.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I'm a Manchester United supporter who hardly ever wagers on their matches. I find it impossible to root for different outcomes and events when all I really want is Man Utd to get the 3 points.

About your analysis is good, but I don't think United will lose. Tottenham have a mental barrier when it comes to Manchester United. Tottenham are win-less in their last 10 meetings with United in the Premier league (I think the run stretches further, but could not find the results atm). As for Fergie, he likes to win games. I can assure you he wants to win, he is never comfortable.

Spurs will not win because their defense leaks goals. They have the worst defensive record in the top 6. Spurs have only managed two clean sheets since mid August and those were home to Newcastle and Fulham. Another problem Sprus will face is Manchester United's top defense. United have 2nd best defense in the Premier league. I would argue their back 4 is better than any other. Most importantly Ferdinand and Vidic are the best CB pairing in World Football. Uniteds wingbacks have enough speed to deal with Bale/ Lennon and it has already been shown that solid defensive shape with cover can frustrate them.

The key to Raffa van der Vaarts explosion of goals in English football is down to his movement. While he possesses immense skill and talent his movement off the ball has been brilliant. Many times this season he has found himself tapping home Crouchy's knock downs and getting on the end of clearance's to have a go. United will try to mark him out of the game. Anderson and Carrick are sound defensively and will track him across the pitch.

I won't have a bet on this game, but if I was it would be Manchester United to win 3-2. I would also look at United or Tottenham to win from behind.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    Are you sure you're a United fan? I'm sure you are, but you know we call it 'Three Point Lane'. Haven't lost there since 2001 (7-2-1 over the last 10). Anyhow, yes, the Spuds are a different team and are playing well at home and no I wouldn't be surprised if they did beat us, but to say that Fergie won't care if they lose is nonsense. That kind of attitude doesn't help make you the most successful manager in club history. It seems like every pundit and neutral out there are predicting United to lose their first game. You don't think Fergie and the players know this? It could help galvanise the team and they usually find the extra gears when they play bigger sides. You can't call yourself a successful club if you're not used to dealing with pressure. It's an equally pivotal game for United and a victory over the Spuds would pretty much knock them out of the title race and at the same time improve their own chances of a record-breaking title. To accomplish this, United will need to start winning some tough away fixtures since we still play away to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, including this one against the Spuds, so the title is far from being won. I would be a bit more concerned if our back 4 were playing like we were earlier in the season, but Rio and Vidic have started to resemble their form during our treble year and the Spuds don't really have any in-form strikers that will pose too many problems for them. It will be their midfield that we'll need to deal with. Rafael will need to play like he did at Old Trafford when he had Bale in his back-pocket. Rooney will be fit as well which even if he doesn't score, will help our defensive coverage with his backtracking. No doubt though it will be a tough match (for both sides) but I don't think United will simply roll over. Anyhow, I will enjoy this one from the sidelines as I have learned, you never bet against your own team! Good luck though! Hope you win for your sake, but I'm hoping United get a good result as well.
    RedDevil, I look at it from this perspective: if Tottenham wins, then I will make profit but if MNU, I will also be pleased... to tell you the truth, I am not such a HARDCORE fan like you guys are, because I do not want that to get in the way of my betting like you stated...

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I'm a Manchester United supporter who hardly ever wagers on their matches. I find it impossible to root for different outcomes and events when all I really want is Man Utd to get the 3 points. About your analysis is good, but I don't think United will lose. Tottenham have a mental barrier when it comes to Manchester United. Tottenham are win-less in their last 10 meetings with United in the Premier league (I think the run stretches further, but could not find the results atm). As for Fergie, he likes to win games. I can assure you he wants to win, he is never comfortable. Spurs will not win because their defense leaks goals. They have the worst defensive record in the top 6. Spurs have only managed two clean sheets since mid August and those were home to Newcastle and Fulham. Another problem Sprus will face is Manchester United's top defense. United have 2nd best defense in the Premier league. I would argue their back 4 is better than any other. Most importantly Ferdinand and Vidic are the best CB pairing in World Football. Uniteds wingbacks have enough speed to deal with Bale/ Lennon and it has already been shown that solid defensive shape with cover can frustrate them. The key to Raffa van der Vaarts explosion of goals in English football is down to his movement. While he possesses immense skill and talent his movement off the ball has been brilliant. Many times this season he has found himself tapping home Crouchy's knock downs and getting on the end of clearance's to have a go. United will try to mark him out of the game. Anderson and Carrick are sound defensively and will track him across the pitch. I won't have a bet on this game, but if I was it would be Manchester United to win 3-2. I would also look at United or Tottenham to win from behind.
    thanks for your opinion, that is what the thread is for... good luck on any bets you may make, but if you do not bet, then just watch the game, ENJOY and forget about everything that I have mentioned - the most important thing is not the BETTING but truly the excitement from following this magnificent sport...

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck with the bets, I would stick to Spurs PK and BTS only, but I tend to play it safe when possible.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Really like this play. Come on Spurs!

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    Good Luck with the bets, I would stick to Spurs PK and BTS only, but I tend to play it safe when possible.
    thanks BB...

good luck on your bets too, whatever they may be... but I am playing this quite risky only because I know both teams extremely well and I believe that this is a great game to be a bit risky in... that is just my opinion...

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i think will be draw

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

Good luck with your plays, TSO, I hope they come through for you. Personally, I won't be betting this match, I think it will be entertaining, but with not that many goals in it.

The Special One

thanks Giuvara, but for some strange reason, I see plenty of goals... good luck with your plays

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

I tell you one thing Special one: Never ever bet against your beloved club cuz they gonna screw you quickly

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_de1st View Post
    I tell you one thing Special one: Never ever bet against your beloved club cuz they gonna screw you quickly
    I guess that you are right, but I am stubborn...

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never made a bet against Real!

Aeiou1x2
    Aeiou1x2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Someone explain what's BTS means?

Aeiou1x2
    Aeiou1x2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I like 1H Draw here and I also think this game will end as either Draw or Tottenham win by 1 goal

leggysoe
    leggysoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

I'm so sorry that it didn't work out as you planned.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by leggysoe View Post
    I'm so sorry that it didn't work out as you planned.
    its ok, good game though... I dont care too much TBH...

iuliux
    iuliux's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is really a good tip

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Basically onto the next one!

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

To bad.. but I like the positive spirit

d1m@
    d1m@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

f u c k manchester, I bet on it and lose