EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beckham to Tottenham

David Beckham is likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on a two-month loan from LA Galaxy and the Premier League club’s manager Harry Redknapp hoped the deal would be completed this weekend, he said on Friday.

The talks (between the clubs) are going on and there’s a good chance it could happen,” Redknapp told reporters at the club’s training ground.

“There’s not too much to sort out. I think it will get done. We’re sorting out the length of the loan. I don’t think it’s a financial issue, certainly not from David’s point of view.”

Redknapp added that former England captain Beckham, 35, could join in time to be introduced to the fans at their FA Cup third round match against Charlton Athletic at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Beckham would then be in the squad to face his former club Manchester United at White Hart Lane on Jan. 16. United are top of the table eight points ahead of Tottenham with a game in hand.

“I still think he has got something to offer as a player,” said Redknapp. “He could lift the level of the other players. I think he would be a good influence around the place. Someone of that stature could be a massive player for us.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;...englandbeckham

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

* Beckham could make debut against Manchester United

I like that

TOTTENHAM2
    TOTTENHAM2's Avatar Become A Pro!

sell some shirts at least

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

2 months? Lol

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Overrated oyster.

OilyDave
    OilyDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

he's a useful player. Put him on the wing get him to cross a couple balls and score a couple free kicks, could actually prove crucial in the CL.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Tottenham are in luck; No one knows how to get knocked out in the last 16 like Becks.

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beckham is still a top player...he should have a good contribution to the team

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beckham isn't the player he once was obviously, now at 35. He's a gifted passer though and great on free kicks and corners still. He's only doing this to try to latch onto the England International team again though, I think we know that.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    he's a useful player. Put him on the wing get him to cross a couple balls and score a couple free kicks, could actually prove crucial in the CL.
    Lot of Spurs recent success is down to their speed on the wing- Lennon and Bale. If they drop Lennon for Beckham, it would be a stupid move. Think he'll play in the centre of midfield for them. Not start obviously but come on late to see the game out with his experience.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Redknapp said he would use him out on the right. Lennon is a constant injury worry and same with Bentley. Look for Beckham to feature often in the squad. His service will be useful for the likes of Crouch who can play as a target and knock things down for Van der Vaart.

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

pay me back Deisel

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exciting to see what he can offer...

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

bekham sux, he needs to make 20 crosses to actually get one in good position for the strikers, and hes horrible when it comes to defending in the midfield ... stupid move by totenham imo

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

The guy is past his sell by date.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post

darys
    darys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5435

Quote Originally Posted by THA_DIESEL View Post
    Beckham is still a top player...he should have a good contribution to the team
    THA_DIESEL is a liar. get many loans from other people and run away never pay back.