If not, he should be soon.

Liverpool is an embarrassment.

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

not yet

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Torres must be panicing over to play with such a bad team...

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Hodgson is a better fit in smaller/medium clubs that dont rely on control and dictating a game as much.
    The way I see it Liverpool has three quality players: Reina, Johnson and Torres. (Gerrard is a bit over-the-hill IMO) All the other players are good enough for a mid-table team in PL. What has the new transfers Jovanovic, Cole, Konchesky, Poulsen and Meireles done so far? its hard to perform up to expectations if your players arent good enough to meet them.
    Last edited by Mr.Kitty; 01-06-11 at 05:33 AM.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Benitez wasn't a bad coach after all.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Roy Hodgson is the current manager of the year. Surely no club can have a better manager than that?

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always said that and continue to maintain it. He did wonders at Valencia and the same at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by althelegend View Post
    Roy Hodgson is the current manager of the year. Surely no club can have a better manager than that?
    HE'S FUKKING SHITE. WORST MANAGER AT LIVERPOOL THAT I'VE SEEN. YES, WORSE THAN SOUNESS.

Absolute rooster-head who will blame everyone else but the players. A small-club manager. Failed at all the big clubs he managed- Inter, Blackburn and Liverpool.

As for better managers, there are lots better than him. I personally hope we get Villa-Boas from Porto or Deschamps from Marseille. Wouldn't mind Laudrup or Coyle either. And King Kenny as interim manager.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think all Liverpool fans are waiting for Hodgson to go! He's just killing the club!

SoV
    "Why always me"

Hicks and Gillett, our previous owners, killed the club. Hodgson is just performing the necrophilia.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Hicks and Gillett, our previous owners, killed the club. Hodgson is just performing the necrophilia.

Munjoz
    Munjoz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you man

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

To be honest the squad is shite, Torres looks a different player after returning from injury and Gerrard isn't what he was, the rest of the squad is pretty average.

Benitez is a great cup manager but is prone to meltdowns in leagues, 'Let me tell you the FAAAKTZ'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpPOikJwYY

dee_jas
    Thinking???
    dee_jas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

only a matter of time, its when not if he goes.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fact: He's a fat spaniard without a job

SoV
    "Why always me"

The same fat Spainard whose won the UEFA Cup, European Cup, league title with a team apart from Barceona and Madrid etc. etc. No way he's shite.

And he actually said some truths in that video of rants.

Squad isn't so shite that we should be 3-4 poitns away from the bottom. Our squad is a lot better than other teams.

Hodgson is a terrible manager of big clubs. FACHT.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Always said that and continue to maintain it. He did wonders at Valencia and the same at Liverpool. HE'S FUKKING SHITE. WORST MANAGER AT LIVERPOOL THAT I'VE SEEN. YES, WORSE THAN SOUNESS. Absolute rooster-head who will blame everyone else but the players. A small-club manager. Failed at all the big clubs he managed- Inter, Blackburn and Liverpool. As for better managers, there are lots better than him. I personally hope we get Villa-Boas from Porto or Deschamps from Marseille. Wouldn't mind Laudrup or Coyle either. And King Kenny as interim manager.
    Hodgson did not fail @ Inter, the club had just survived relegation the prior season and was in last place when Hodgson came in and saved the season. I found this comparison between Benitez and Hodgson´s first 22 games @ Inter.
    Benitez record: 9W - 6D - 7L = 33 points
    Hodgsons record: 10W - 8D - 4L = 38 points

And Benitez had a team full of stars that just won the treble while Hodgson basically had very few stars. The one who failed was Benitez. In his defense I must say that he had bad luck with all the injuries, but even when all or atleast most of the best players was available we did not play very well.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I agree Hodgson lacks the motivation and technical savvy to lead a big club like Liverpool, but the bottom line is that the squad has been abysmal and the rot began when Alonso and Arbeloa left. Hodgson hasn't done much in adding to the club (i.e Poulsen, Konchesky, J. Cole in - Aquilani out) but think his hands were a bit tied with the excessive expenditures prior. I think the team just lacks a real depth in squad and they need to get rid of all the dead-weight.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kitty View Post

Hodgson did not fail @ Inter, the club had just survived relegation the prior season and was in last place when Hodgson came in and saved the season. I found this comparison between Benitez and Hodgson´s first 22 games @ Inter.
    Benitez record: 9W - 6D - 7L = 33 points
    Hodgsons record: 10W - 8D - 4L = 38 points

And Benitez had a team full of stars that just won the treble while Hodgson basically had very few stars. The one who failed was Benitez. In his defense I must say that he had bad luck with all the injuries, but even when all or atleast most of the best players was available we did not play very well.
    Ahh, good old Jamie Kanwar the absolute oyster, doing his best to undermine Rafa. Who would have thought that?

From Wiki on Hodgson's tenure at Inter:

Before the European Championships, Hodgson joined Italian Serie A giants Internazionale, where he worked from 1995 to 1997. With significant investment, he presided over a rebuilding phase. Inter had finished 13th and 6th in the seasons prior to his arrival. After a terrible start to the season, Hodgson was brought in and guided the club to 7th place in the 1995–96 season, qualifying for the UEFA Cup. The 1996–97 season saw Hodgson leave Inter after 14 wins, 13 draws and five defeats in Serie A, with Inter placed 3rd in the league, and he was replaced by Luigi Simoni whose side finished 2nd in the league in the 1997-8 season and won the UEFA Cup. Hodgson says of his time at Inter: "We lacked stars, apart from Paul Ince. It wasn't the Inter we see today of household names. They weren't the best technically but physically they were like machines. The Premier League is like that now, but back then Italy was far ahead."[6]
    Hodgson managed to get his Inter team, containing Javier Zanetti, Youri Djorkaeff and Paul Ince, through to the 1997 UEFA cup final where they would play Schalke 04. Given that Inter had a recent history of winning UEFA cup finals, with victories in both 1990 and 1994, the Italian side started as favorites. When the German underdogs won the final in Milan, Inter fans pelted Hodgson with coins and lighters.[10]
    Hodgson later admitted that, throughout his one-and-a-half seasons at Inter, there had been regular speculation that he would get the sack, but he insisted he had had the support of the owners.[11]
    Compare that to Rafa's time, where a lot of first team players were injured and some players were not inspired enough. The guy still won 2 trophies at Inter.

However, the biggest proof for me that Inter fans regard Rafa as being better than Roy is this- while Roy was pelted with stones and coins by Inter fans, the much "hated" Rafa Benitez had a banner in his name today:

"A sincere thanks from us, the only ones who always backed you. And now full faith in Leo"

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Liverpool should IMO:

1. Relieve Roy after the season. Find and appoint the right manager for the future. I don't know who that is at the moment and neither do NESV which is why they will wait. Deschamps is not coming to Liverpool. Why would they hire Dalglish right now with such little opportunity for success?

I think the best thing is to just ride it out with Hodgson. He's been a disaster this year and his recent post match conferences have teetered on the bizarre, but I don't think sacking him solves more problems than it creates. If nothing else keeping Roy for a whole season sets the bar low for the next guy making it easier to succeed.

2. Sell Torres. Torres is not the same player following his succession of injuries. His pace is very poor and he often looks disinterested and totally off. His value is still immense, but it would be suicide with fans to sell him now. Liverpool would be smart to let him toil away under Roy and keep hinting at a transfer to Spain or wherever.

3. Make some sort of decision about a new stadium. The sharing option with Everton is bitterly opposed by supporters, but seems like a reasonable compromise to a multitude of problems. If sharing a stadium/ building new single team stadium is not possible make renovations to Anfield.

4. Buy some freaking quality players. Konchesky? Poulsen? Ol' Joe Cole? These players are simply not good enough for LFC. Maybe that can be reserves, but not key pieces.

I tried to write this as a neutral.
    Last edited by RubberKettle; 01-06-11 at 09:56 PM.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Liverpool should IMO:

1. Relieve Roy after the season. Find and appoint the right manager for the future. I don't know who that is at the moment and neither do NESV which is why they will wait. Deschamps is not coming to Liverpool. Why would they hire Dalglish right now with such little opportunity for success?

I think the best thing is to just ride it out with Hodgson. He's been a disaster this year and his recent post match conferences have teetered on the bizarre, but I don't think sacking him solves more problems than it creates. If nothing else keeping Roy for a whole season sets the bar low for the next guy making it easier to succeed.

2. Sell Torres. Torres is not the same player following his succession of injuries. His pace is very poor and he often looks disinterested and totally off. His value is still immense, but it would be suicide with fans to sell him now. Liverpool would be smart to let him toil away under Roy and keep hinting at a transfer to Spain or wherever.

3. Make some sort of decision about a new stadium. The sharing option with Everton is bitterly opposed by supporters, but seems like a reasonable compromise to a multitude of problems. If sharing a stadium/ building new single team stadium is not possible make renovations to Anfield.

4. Buy some freaking quality players. Konchesky? Poulsen? Ol' Joe Cole? These players are simply not good enough for LFC. Maybe that can be reserves, but not key pieces.

I tried to write this as a neutral.
    1. With the way it's going with Roy, I wouldn't be surprised if we get relegated. Can't win away from home and struggle at Anfield. Roy is setting us back and we need to get rid of him ASAP.

As for King Kenny coming in, we need a person who will unite the fans and give the club a boost of confidence. No-one in the world can do that apart from the King.

As for Deschamps, he has indicated he is interested but we need to wait till the end of the season for him. Ditto for Villa-Boas. Unfortunately, Klopp has decided to stay at Dortmund and reap the fruits of his hardwork. Ragnick is the only manager available right now but I'm a bit uncertain about him.

2. Torres' drop in performances has coincided with Roy's arrival at Liverpool. The long ball tactics don't work with him. He's not a carthorse. Give Nando service and he'll deliver. And service unfortunately has been lacking.

However, if Roy stays till the end of the season, I can guarantee that Torres will leave.

3. **** off sharing the stadium with the Shite. Never going to happen.

4. Which is why Roy has to go. He's fukking awful.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

They should get a young coach this time, no older than 45. Look at the leading teams around the world with young coaches, Dortmund, Mainz, Barca, Marseille, Lille, AC Milan.

shantymoon
    shantymoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

shoul have been fired by now
    bring klinsman

RubberKettle

Sounds like Roy will be out before the end of the weekend. Not sure how the fixture vs United in the Cup matters into his future. If they are going to can him its Dalgish as stop gap manager? And a new boss in the summer?

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sundays game will be the last for Hodgson. I don't see him making the trip to Blackpool on Wednesday.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Roy leaves by mutual consent!

DALGLISH, DALGLISH, DALGLISH!

RubberKettle

SoV what does this mean for the game tomorrow?

Any thoughts on what team or how Liverpool will play?

SoV
    "Why always me"

Tactics might remain the same. I don't think Kenny has had the time to spend with the squad, since he was away on holiday in the Middle-East. However, Rafa Benitez shared some info about Man Utd and had some advice for the King.

One thing is certain: the lads will play their hearts out tomorrow. Kenny being in the dugout will mean everyone will give their 110%. And with us having more than 10k united Scousers (more than a league game, due to the FA Cup rules of 15% capacity for the away fans) who will be uplifted by the news from today, I can see our lads giving it their all.

Going to stay away from this game. If Roy was incharge, I would have happily put everything on Man Utd ML. Not as confident anymore.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hodgson is gone. Dalglish will bring fan and player appreciation (ie getting the best out of Gerrard and Carra), but not a lot else.