Lars_Germany
    Lars_Germany's Avatar Become A Pro!

Preview for Cup Matches Germany Tuesday/Wednesday

We have 8 game in the 3rd round of the German DFB Pokal today and tomorrow. Here are some information that might help you to make the right picks.
    Please note that a 30 minute overtime will be played if game is tied after 90 minutes. If the game is still tied after the overtime the game will be decided by penalty shots.

Tuesday games

Koblenz - Kaiserslautern - canceled due to weather conditions
    Offenbach - Nuernberg - canceled due to weather conditions
    Augsburg - Schalke 04 - 8.30PM
    Hoffenheim - Moenchengladbach - 8.30PM

Wednesday games

Wolfsburg - Cottbus - 7PM
    1. FC Koeln - MSV Duisburg - 7PM
    VFB Stuttgart - FC Bayern Muenchen - 8.30PM
    Aachen - Frankfurt - 8.30PM

Augsburg - Schalke 04

On paper this match is a clear pick for Schalke as the play 1. Bundesliga and Augsburg 2. Bundesliga. But this one is a bit tricky. Augsburg is ranked 1st in the 2. Bundesliga and they have an experienced and talented team. They beat Fuerth in the last round after trailing by 2 goals late in the game. Schalke 04 will try to dominte the game and try to score early to calm down the opposite team. Schalke did not showed much in the first 2 rounds of the Cup as they beat 3. League team Ahlen 2:1 and 2. Bundesliga team FSV Frankfurt 1:0. Both games were away games for Schalke. I guess that this will be a close game and there are good chances that we see a draw after 90 minutes.

1899 Hoffenheim - Moenchengladbach

This match features 8th ranked Hoffenheim against 18th ranked Moenchengladbach. The Bundesliga match between both teams ended 3:2 a couple of weeks ago. Hoffenheim is the more talented team, Moenchengladbach still with headcoach Frontzeck on deck trying to make a step forward but I do not believe that they will be succesfull here. I would go for a win for Hoffenheim in this match.

Wolfsburg - Cottbus

Another match between 1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga teams. Woflsburg currently ranked 13th in 1. Bundesliga, Cottbus 3rd in 2. Bundesliga. Wolfsburg with problems througout the season, good individual players but no team. Cottbus with headcoach Wollitz is one of the better teams in 2. Budesliga and they know how to fight. I guess that Cottbus got everything what it needs to win this game. Wolfsburg got more talent and individual class but Cup matches are most of the times a real battle and if you are not ready you will lose. I pick Cottbus to go to the next round - this game might goes into overtime and penalties.

1. FC Koeln - MSV Duisburg

Again 1. Budesliga against 2. Bundesliga. Koeln ranked 16th against 5th ranked Duisburg. Duisburg is a bit of a surprise team in the 2. Bundeliga, they have a new team since beginning of the season and they perform very well with good chances to promote next year. As the 2. Bundesliga is much more physical than 1. Bundesliga this team also knows to fight. Koeln is in a tricky situation, the team does not perform very well, a lot of discussions in the club about coach and manager and Podolski and Novakovic doubtful to play. Koeln needs to control the game and this is the chance for Duisburg. I guess that Duisburg will have a chance with fast-breaks and they have the ability to score and win this one. This game is very open and it is hard to make a prediction here.

VFB Stuttgart - FC Bayern Muenchen

The top match of this round - the league match on Sunday ended 3:5. And here you see the biggest problem of Stuttgart - they score 3 goals against Bayern but they conced 5! There are not many teams scoring 3 goals against Bayern. So if they can stabilze the defense Stuttgart can take the win. Schweinsteiger is supposed to play in this match. Again a very hard match to predict - I would go for "Both teams to score" which is very likely in this one.

Alemannia Aachen - Eintracht Frankfurt

The last match of 2. Bundesliga against 1. Bundesliga. The lower league team with the home field advantage here. Aachen ranked 10th in 2. Bundeliga, Frankfurt after their win against Dortmund 7th in 1. Bundesliga.
    This will be a real cup fight. Both teams know how to play football but they also know that you need to be
    physical at some stage. Aachen beat Mainz 05 in the last round 2:1 at home, Frankfurt beat Hamburger SV 5:2 at home. This one will be a really interesting game to watch and again an open game with little advantage for Frankfurt.

Hope that these preview help you to find the best pick!

creditcardclown
    creditcardclown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

GL i am going with you today

Lars_Germany

Review of yesterdays Cup matches:

Augsburg - Schalke 04 0:1
    It was a tough and close game with a disappointing Schalke team that never showed the high class against Augsburg. Farfan scored the GWG in minute 84.

Hoffenheim - Moenchengladbach 2:0

Hoffenheim wins the game 2:0 but it was not that clear. Gladbach with good spirit was able to make it a close game but goalkeeper Heimeroth made a mistake and so Hoffenheim was able to score the 1:0 lead by free-kick. In second half Hoffenheim controlled the game and made it an easy win.
    Last edited by Lars_Germany; 12-22-10 at 04:23 PM.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Lars u are good buddy, keep going

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice previews

Lars_Germany

Review of todays games:

Wolfsburg - Cottbus 1:3
    Cottbus took the early lead after a corner in the 2nd minute of the game. Wolfsburg was never able to get into the game and Cottbus scored another 2 goals in first half. Wolfsburg scored early in second half but Cottbus was able to control the match and was a clear winner in this game. Wolfsburg coach McClaren is likely to be fired after this game.

Koeln - Duisburg 1:2
    This game was similar to the Wolfsburg match. Duisburg took the early lead and Koeln was not able to get into the game. Duisburg played very clever and scored mid second half for the 2:0 lead. Koeln scored in minute 83 and had some chances for a come back but they played without luck and Duisburg earned this win because they showed more passion.

Stuttgart - Bayern Muenchen 3:6
    Ok, this is crazy and I really do not know what to say. Bayern lead 2:0 after just 6 minutes, Stuttgart equalized late in first half. Them Bayern scored again, Stuttgart made it 3:3 after 75 minutes. It took another 3 minutes for Bayern to score again and again and again. So the problem of Stuttgart is not in the offense. They scored 3 fantastic goals against Bayern but conced 6. Nice game to watch!

Aachen - Frankfurt 6:5 after penalty shots
    This was a typical cup fight. Frankfurt lost one man due to red card after just 15 minutes. The teams were on the same level most of the game so the logical solution was overtime. Both teams scored in overtime so that penalty shots were necessary to find the winner. Aachen scored all 5, Frankfurt missed 1 - so Aachen is through to the next round.

So this evening all 3 2.Bundesliga teams made the next round. We will have the 2 cancelled matches played 15/16th January and I will be back with news and a preview of the Bundesliga early in January!

Wish you all a Merry X-Mas!

creditcardclown
    creditcardclown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

hey thanks man, i rode the ML with coitbus for $100. normally would have been more too but had poor day yesterday! thanks i will look for your game reviews again. my best.